League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19697
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:57 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I wanted knockout stages =\

But at the same time, someone who doesn't play so well sitting in 8th gets to knockouts, beats and knocks out someone who won every game and sits in 1st, is that fair? The person who consistantly wins should be the individual league winner... surely? =\

Not ruling knockouts completely, just want peoples opinions before I start arranging the indiv's for next season . I am open to all suggestions...

EDIT: maybe two "awards" (for lack of a better word) a points winner and then a secondary knockout winner? just a thought =\
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:59 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't play individuals, but I think if the format of games isn't too fluky, then knockouts are fun and exciting for what is supposed to be a fun and exciting competition.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:02 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Top 2 in a race to 10 would be good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:02 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
the way the points system is, is pretty appauling, i could win every game 3-2 and still lose it....... not taking anything away from beenjammin, he deserved it over the course of the tournament, but the way the score works is utter garbage
cool_dude
cool_dude
02:05 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed! I could also beat every player in the league and still come second this season.

I think a knock-out stage would be good idea, keep people interested towards the later stages. Maybe something like they do in the rugby super league.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:28 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I wanted knockout stages =\

But at the same time, someone who doesn't play so well sitting in 8th gets to knockouts, beats and knocks out someone who won every game and sits in 1st, is that fair? The person who consistantly wins should be the individual league winner... surely? =\

Not ruling knockouts completely, just want peoples opinions before I start arranging the indiv's for next season . I am open to all suggestions...

EDIT: maybe two "awards" (for lack of a better word) a points winner and then a secondary knockout winner? just a thought =\

yup thats what super league has, one award for league winner and one for overall, reason i put high frames from Quarters is that usually the better player wins on the day, especially in a first to 10 you will hardly see anyone fluke 10 frames

agree that this season points system is poor, last season was very close which had a 3 way tie at top of leaderboard (frame difference decided winner there).

but at least knockout gives those who give up at 8th position a reprieve and incentive to keep going so yeah if you do this do 2 awards
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:40 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea with the 2 awards, top 8 should then play off cup stylee with higher amount of frames
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea with the 2 awards, top 8 should then play off cup stylee with higher amount of frames

exactly - i dont want to take anything away from someone who consistently wins, but if people want a knockout stage then i think we can implement that easily but as a secondary stage - it keeps people motivated to play to get to top 8 and add some competition at the end stages.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:18 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
couple things

can we clarify the final tables in division one and two as they dont add up please
if you require help please ask i will be only to happy to help

also
could you clarify if shooters are in division one next season as my understanding looking at the tables we should be as crazy8s are folding and one team will need to be relagated
could you please tidy this up asap please

if however crazy 8s are not folding i understand we will be thanks
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:05 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Seb's unofficial standings:

Div 1:
MVP ...................642
Snooker Squad ..546
Team Angry .......536
Shooters ............497
TPA ....................367

Div 2:
Latin Legends...512
Crazy 8's..........(340)
Assassins.........(324)
Vipers................284

Crazy 8's and Assassins are missing a possible 55 points from defaults and the 10-point win bonus for the last fixture.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:09 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
the reason i asked was div 1 and 2 is nothing like the results shown
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:11 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They last updated it a month ago.
I'm fairly sure about my div 1 math. But div 2 still has outstanding defaults.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:40 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The tables were up to date but with recent events it was not updated. The tables will be fully updated shortly, if Keith has locked the defaults then it may be done tonight.

Craig the tables have always been up to date and correct, if not the teams usually send a message to say something. Divisions will be looked at again though. (try do it tonight)

I received the schedule for the FBL from Sarah earlier today, so i will be working on hours to try and make it run around the same time. I may start the FCL a week before the FBL though as as i have said to Sarah we cant follow the one week deadline on pre season as the FCL has a larger format. Everything else should/may fit in nicely though
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:46 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The tables were up to date but with recent events it was not updated. The tables will be fully updated shortly, if Keith has locked the defaults then it may be done tonight.

Craig the tables have always been up to date and correct, if not the teams usually send a message to say something. Divisions will be looked at again though. (try do it tonight)

defaults won't be locked until people check it, only me and lee has posted so far
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:50 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I wondered why Keith had not messaged me about it yet, i would have done it myself but with recent events i had to ask Keith to do it for me. I might just send a reminder to the other panel members if Keith has not done that yet. I'll see if he messages me later though
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:01 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i did post on clan threads last night but not the point.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:06 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Thu 10 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
jay i wasnt having ago i was offering help when i counted shooter score they were 8 frames out to what they shouldve been so i checked them all

makes no difference to the final placings

but if youd wanted them doing i wouldve gladly done them

bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:17 Fri 11 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I never said you was having a go? I was just stating that we have been busy basically. There is a few frames to be added to some team scores, which we know about.

About next season, currently 11 teams have entered for the league so one division is going to be odd while the other is even (if all teams pass the reliability stage)

Problem we have now is - Latin Legends are to move up a division, Top Pool Aces are to move down a division. This would see Division one have 5 teams and division two have 6. I am thinking about keeping TPA in the the division one, hopefully another team decides to join to even up both divisions.

Going to try and do a rough schedule tonight and Jema is going to do the rest of the league tables and individual league tonight hopefully
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:25 Fri 11 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As for the defaults that are going on just now - James, Lee and Rick have all posted, i have messaged the other two people on the panel to see if they can do it tonight. Most of the panel have agreed on a score anyway so if horse10000 wants to lock them later then he has my permission to do so as people had more than enough time to reply to them.

Im sure div one has been locked anyway so all is good.
Pages: 19697
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.