Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:57 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
q_tip said:
Spectators were allowed by mutual consent are u that dumb that means they are allowed by mutual consent of the two players involved.

The rule that is on the site now states NO spectators FULL STOP.

Stop trying to be clever Lee and admit for once YOU ARE WRONG.

How stupid are you tonight dextr lmao the new rules say unless both parties agree....it's another way of saying by mutual consent!!
Go back to school lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:00 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a lovely way to end and start a thread!

but seriously who cares who is right, on Harry Potter i heard that Dumbledore forgives people more for being "wrong" than "right" so with that in mind your both wrong, your both forgiven.

move on?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lee i only brought it up as i myself have never asked an opponent if a clan mate can watch and a clan opponent as never asked me if someone can watch the game and ive never made a complaint about someone inviting there team mate and ive never had a complaint against me from my opponent for having a clan mate watch me
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:03 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, most people don't mind. If the opponent says he wants no spectators though, he has the right to stop playing until the spectator leaves.
barbaycue
barbaycue
22:04 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
what a lovely way to end and start a thread!

but seriously who cares who is right, on Harry Potter i heard that Dumbledore forgives people more for being "wrong" than "right" so with that in mind your both wrong, your both forgiven.

move on?

Brilliant
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:08 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Before I got the balls to say to ang 'no spectators please' It did used to put me off having someone in there especially your captain when you're new to clans.
A lot of people dont realise straight away they can ask for private rooms..now I just make sure I set up and make it private.
I've had people come in from the opponents team and it's affected them more than me and they've deteriorated straight away, again before i knew the rules.
It ruins it if you've got a good spirited game going too I think but it's just each to their own.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:09 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
PEACE
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wouldn't get a complaint dan i would just say 'no spectators please' if it was me and that would be that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:17 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If my opponent said they dont want a team mate to watch the game i would respect there wishes and tell my team mate he cant watch. Gotta be honest i never knew this was a rule in clans, maybe it got added when dgen took over from pot_the_lot because as far as i remember it was never a rule in the clans while i was a captain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:21 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just pointing this out no arguments please and correct me if i am wrong but the bonus rules seem messed up a bit.

It was 6 for a win bonus and 6 for no defaults.

Now it looks like 6 for a win and upto a possible 8 for no defaults.

The clan with the most points scored in a fixture receives a winning bonus of 6 points. If the fixture is a tie, each clan receives 3 winning bonus points. Each player in the fixture will receive a bonus of 1 point for no default in their game, if the game is played within the fixture deadline. If the fixture is incomplete this will then be referred to the default panel.
Default bonus points may still be awarded to a clan in extreme circumstances. This will be decided by the Default Staff along with League Runners,as to whether the default bonus should be given to the player not at fault.

This would make the bonuses all incorrect on the tables.

Is this a rule for next season ? If so it should not really be up on the site yet IMO.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:23 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
just noticed that an allegation was made (i call it allegation as we are unsure if its true or not), i won't say what for so an argument can be prevented however in my league we have a code of conduct, this idea is an idea to improve the league and hopefully bring more fun to the game.

8.5 Code of Conduct
Participation in the clan league means you have agreed to follow the principles of fair play to the best of your ability (while playing and on the forums).

These include:

a) Respect each other! Do not shout at, abuse, or treat the opponent unfairly in any way.
b) Do not attempt to put your opponent off (pm'ing during shot, or speaking when opponent has asked for silence).
c) Do not say things like "gg wp" before the frame is decided, unless you are absolutely sure the opponent doesn't mind this. Many people are put off by this. In case of doubt, saying 'gg wp' should occur when the final black has been potted.
d) Treat the league runners with Respect
e) Do not condede frames, all frames MUST be played.
f) Play to the spirit of the game, potting the white for a tactical shot is fine but in the 8 Ball games, fouling the black purposely is not as its handing the frame to your opponent.

IF any of the above are broken the case goes to the defaults team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:30 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
q_tip said:
Just pointing this out no arguments please and correct me if i am wrong but the bonus rules seem messed up a bit.

It was 6 for a win bonus and 6 for no defaults.

Now it looks like 6 for a win and upto a possible 8 for no defaults.

The clan with the most points scored in a fixture receives a winning bonus of 6 points. If the fixture is a tie, each clan receives 3 winning bonus points. Each player in the fixture will receive a bonus of 1 point for no default in their game, if the game is played within the fixture deadline. If the fixture is incomplete this will then be referred to the default panel.
Default bonus points may still be awarded to a clan in extreme circumstances. This will be decided by the Default Staff along with League Runners,as to whether the default bonus should be given to the player not at fault.

This would make the bonuses all incorrect on the tables.

Is this a rule for next season ? If so it should not really be up on the site yet IMO.

What the hell has gone on with that rule?!
So if a team gets a default they only lose 1 bonus point now? Totally crazy if this is happening it's a joke.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:32 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
how can you prove any of these those james? as we know people can edit via photoshop or what ever programme they use?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:36 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
its hard to prove for those outside the match but in, yeah screenshots are editable but i could spot a fake screenshot in the blink of an eye, screen recording is the ultimate proof however its still editable via time windows but its harder to edit what has been said
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:40 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You couldn't prove them but you dont expect them from clan opponents so it's even more off putting when they do suddenly start off putting tactics.
Just got to click the ignore and hopefully it hasn't worked and cost you a frame but no way to prove it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:41 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
what happens if you or your opponent doesn't have the screen recording kit on their pc/laptop tho james?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:43 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
You couldn't prove them but you dont expect them from clan opponents so it's even more off putting when they do suddenly start off putting tactics.
Just got to click the ignore and hopefully it hasn't worked and cost you a frame but no way to prove it.

you can also Disable PMs or you could click on there name and have the PM minimized so they can put you off
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:43 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
true but wouldn't it be better to have it for extra security if you like so if it does never happen and you have proof then something can be done if its a warning or w/e. if its not there then not much you can do when it does happen

don't get me wrong i don't mind if its not added
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:45 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
therev said:
what happens if you or your opponent doesn't have the screen recording kit on their pc/laptop tho james?

screenshots, if its edited then the person who edited it and the perpetrator would get the punishment instead of the alleged person

EDIT: but you can download a free version of hypercam

Edited at 21:08 Sat 11/02/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:08 Sun 12 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
FBL Notice

I am working on the rules atm for FBL next season, the present rules will remain the same until the end of this season. I will inform teams when the rules are completed.

Division 2 table is now up to date to the end of fixture 6 on the FBL website

https://sites.google.com/site/funkybilliardsleague/table

Sarah
League Runner
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.