shooters asked for clarification and got it end of

but to put an easy stop to it

we resign immediately forwith from the cup

end of discussion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:26 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
lee i asked for clarification and got it,,, i couldve easily played potlimit and yetti

both were announced in both teams without my consent and chalkie with yourseleves although chalkie played

Nobody announced chalkie for FBL and your player announced him for FCL. I'm the FBL captain and I still haven't announced him so back to the real issue.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:26 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
anoneeemouse said:
The season is still running, and is not finished until 19/2/12. This makes any player in the clans mentioned above free agents, according to the current rules.

But they can not play in the cup! read the bit in bold please, it makes sense to me and ipotalot and most likely whocares to.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:28 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
anoneeemouse said:
The season is still running, and is not finished until 19/2/12. This makes any player in the clans mentioned above free agents, according to the current rules.

Sorry but bluenose1872 and ipotalot have both quoted the same rule that is currently sat on your website. Free agent or not, the rule clearly shows that the 2 players in question are ineligible for the cup games.

Craig as someone who constantly quotes FCL rules at us, surely you cannot disagree that rule are rules in FBL too!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:28 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
well simple

shooters asked for clarification and got it end of

but to put an easy stop to it

we resign immediately forwith from the cup

end of discussion

Yeah you asked and got it, going by rules it was done wrong. Would any other clan have been given the clarification, i don't know.

Either way if the scores go void your ahead if they dont we are still drawing with a game to be played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:29 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
1.4 Player transfers
Player transfer during seasons are not allowed. Between each season there is a transfer window, during this period players may move to other clans. The exception to this is if a captain releases a player after the transfer window closes, but before the season starts - in this case that player is considered a free agent.
Players released during the season are ineligible to play again during that season for any clan, the only exception to this is if a player has not played in the league or cup. this does not include the pre-season qualifier, the player will also be deemed a free agent at the league runners discretion.If in any doubt please contact a league runner.

What i said was right as you can see above, even at league runner discretion they can not be involved in the cup game even if they are a free agent.

Fact is and the facts are above they shouldn't have been allowed to play.
That is for player transfers, or players being released. The players involved were free agents as the teams they were in folded/dissolved.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:30 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Doesn't matter they still played games in the cup and in the same season!
doubted2
doubted2
01:31 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
read above sorted end of discussion really

we did nothing wrong, clarification was asked and got

im not bothered and after the rant last night im not really bothered

no tarnish well done pythons

same rule is also in FCL and FBL needs sorting for nxt season
doubted2
doubted2
01:32 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
erm wow earth moves

weve conceeded move on
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
There is no where in the rules that states that a free agent cannot play for their new team in a cup game .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:33 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It effects more than just the cup several players from the clans (mouse and wolves) are in matches in div 2 league aswell.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:33 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah the same rule is in FCL, it is actually mentioned twice.

I don't want to win the FBL Cup through the opponents removing themselfs from it when this could be sorted out plain and simple.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:35 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
anoneeemouse said:
bluenose1872 said:
There is no where in the rules that states that a free agent cannot play for their new team in a cup game .

They played in the cup, there for ineligible to play in the cup for Shooters!

You can not play for two different teams in the cup fixtures, if a player wanted the cup so badly they would switch to every clan that moved on and progressed to the final just to get a cup win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:36 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rule 1.9 - At any time, a clan captain may remove a player from their clan and/or replace a player that has left the clan with any free agent, subject to quarantine according to Rule 1.7. Any player that leaves or is removed from a clan after the season has started cannot take any further part in that season for any clan unless they meet the criteria in Rule 1.4

1.4 states that a player cannot play if they have been involved with league or cup games already.
doubted2
doubted2
01:38 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
to right they have ...........

youve won it like i care

i aint doing it take it i got clarification ,,, but not wanting to bring this league into disrepute we resign from the cup well done

amazing after last nights convo

but hey applause to you

youve won FBL cup
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:39 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
anoneeemouse said:
bluenose1872 said:

They played in the cup, there for ineligible to play in the cup for Shooters!

You can not play for two different teams in the cup fixtures, if a player wanted the cup so badly they would switch to every clan that moved on and progressed to the final just to get a cup win.
If the clan folded then yes, under the current rules the player could do that if they really wanted to.

No rules have been broken, they state

1.6 Withdrawing clans
When a clan withdraws or is dissolved during a season all players in that clan are immediately considered free agents and may be signed by other clans at any time.

The season has not finished, so players are classed as free agents.

The rule will be looked at for next season, but stand as it is until then.

Sarah
League Runner
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:41 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
Rule 1.9 - At any time, a clan captain may remove a player from their clan and/or replace a player that has left the clan with any free agent, subject to quarantine according to Rule 1.7. Any player that leaves or is removed from a clan after the season has started cannot take any further part in that season for any clan unless they meet the criteria in Rule 1.4

1.4 states that a player cannot play if they have been involved with league or cup games already.

Rule 1.4 refers to player transfers, which is completely irrelevant to this
doubted2
doubted2
diamond_jem said:

derrrrrrrrrrrr and you mean what by that
the clan was dissolved

the season is still ongoing fact

hence free agents are you for real read what you post before posting it

1) is the FBL season over ........... no

2) were the clans dissolved doooh ....yes

3) does it state in the rules any differant other than interpretation ermmmmmmm....... no
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
1.6 Withdrawing clans
When a clan withdraws or is dissolved during a season all players in that clan are immediately considered free agents and may be signed by other clans at any time.

The clues in the title anyway, these weren't withdrawing clans they finished every game and so these aren't free agents anyway as you keep quoting sarah...they played a full season for their clans and aren't eligible for anyone else till next season.
If there are players from these clans playing in division two that is also against the rules.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Our conversation has nothing to do with this, i would rather resolve this and go ahead with the last game or game(s). Get a winner the proper way.

I never set out for you to remove yourself from the game at all, ipotalot made a good point and we have proven that point within the last what 30 minutes of disputing it here.

I would gladly keep it as a draw and let the other game go forward and get a winner the proper way.

Im not having any goes at any one either before any one thinks i am, im sticking up for my team and what the rules say to me.
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.