The Players Championship - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:32 Tue 28 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Announced due to popular demand (well I did see a couple of members asking about it ).

Supported by the FCL, FBL and the Super League, this is a knock-out cup competition for all members registered to clans within any of the three leagues.

All registered clan members will be automatically entered into the first round draw which is expected to commence with effect from around the 3rd March.

All games will consist of 9 racks in total (3 each of US8, UK8 and US9). In addition to one point per rack there will be bonus points for any events achieved (Golden Breaks/Run Outs). Should the scores be level following the 9 racks there will be a sudden death deciding rack. The game type for this 10th and deciding rack will be chosen by the player who won the preceding (9th) rack.

All scores are to be posted on the results thread with the winning player progressing to the next round.

There is no requirement for any clan player to take part in this competition, or to play any game they are given. This is a purely voluntary event.

Any game in which a result has not been posted by the notified deadline will result in an automatic DQ (disqualification) of both players. However either, or both, players have the right to submit a request for a default decision to be made in their game to decide which, if any of the players, progresses to the next round. These default requests will also need to be made within a certain deadline if they are to be entertained by the Competition runners.

Clearly in a competition such as this (which has not been attempted on such a scale before) it is likely that there will be many occasions where a player finds that their opponent does not wish to play the game. Please do not badger opponents. Simply retain any messages sent with any replies received and submit them for a default decision when required.

The actual competition, with the rules, will be hosted on the Super League website...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/rules.html

This also seems like a good time to remind anyone that has not noticed yet that links to all of the Clan League websites can be found at the top of the Clan and League Chat sub forum...

http://www.funkypool.com/forums/clan_chat

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 10:42 Fri 02/03/12 (GMT)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:32 Tue 28 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
So you don't need us to sign up to it at all? i want to play in it anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:37 Tue 28 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No sign ups required - everyone is entered. As stated there might be some early frustration where you find it difficult to get an opponent to play but as time moves on the active players will progress.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
04:17 Wed 29 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
basically Jay you only post if you don't want to take part so chris can leave you out of the first round other than that your in automatically.

what troubles me is you could have up to 200 players.

200 down to 128, down to 64, down to 32, down to 16, down to 8, down to 4, down to 2, down to 1 would be 18 weeks if each round was a 2 week deadline, would definitely need to be loads of weekly deadlines to be a quick knockout
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Wed 29 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The plan is that there will be one week deadlines per round and no more than a two day window to resolve default decisions. There will be people knocked-out that get DQ'd in their opinion unfairly, but thats the way it will have to be. If in doubt play your game, or at least show effort to have played your game.

It is a maximum of 8 rounds start to finish although it could be less depending on the number DQ's in every round. That way it will aim to finish approx 10 weeks from the start date.

Only decision required is when to lock-down all the clans for the first round draw. If FCL games are to be released this Sunday then I will try to get the lock-down that day and then put the first round games out then.

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 10:44 Fri 02/03/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:39 Thu 1 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's an interesting format and i for one am looking forward to seeing how it all works out - great to have an all inclusive indivdual competition.

No doubt there'll be teething problems, but if we all remain calm, message our opponents, be mindful of the rules, deadlines and difficulty the competition runners will face in this inaugural championship, I'm sure it'll be a success.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Clan lock-downs will be tonight at Midnight (UK). The First Round draw will then take place and the games posted tomorrow.

At present it is expected that there will be 68 byes with the remaining 120 players playing in 60 First Round matches with a week to complete them.

Edited at 11:20 Fri 02/03/12 (GMT)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
13:05 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi mate,

All FCL teams are up to date i just done the last one there just now so if your taking them off the site then you know what team they play for and other things
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:17 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks Jay - only other thing I need to do is to keep an eye on the Team Changes threads for the rest of the day to check for any last minute entries. I think there are currently 4 vacancies in total across all 12 clans.

Edited at 11:20 Fri 02/03/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:21 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Any opt out option yet? Can't really be bothered with this on top of ever other fixture
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:27 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Anyone can feel free to opt out here, or simply by just not playing the game you are drawn into.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:29 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just was told there would be a thread didn't want to waste your time typing my name
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:30 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No worries - dont think theres much point having a separate thread just for that - I am happy for players just to post here by Midnight if they are certain that they really dont want to be included in the draw.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:35 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm very interested in seeing how this works out and how many defaults there will be. I'm expecting at least half defaults in the first round or two.
We run the same thing on snooker (as the only indiv. competition), but people have to actively sign up. Still, there are numerous defaults in the first two rounds. Usually, by the third round most games are played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am expecting the same. Thats why each round will be a separate draw rather than it working on a published tournament tree.

On the plus side I am hoping there will be a few members that will take part if given a game to play that would not have thought to sign up to take part if that had been a requirement.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:39 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm in to play, want to see how it goes.

What is the format again or how it works?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
^^^ first post summarises it.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:42 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Even i should have noticed that *Slaps Self*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Fri 2 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Definitely in for this!

Looks like fun!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:24 Sat 3 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi chris, if it's not too much work, can you post or put up on the website the list of players with a bye. Just to confirm that each of our names is entered.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Players Championship - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.