The Players Championship - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11213
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:25 Wed 13 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just for fun too, I have allocated seedings to the top16 players. This is purely based on progress made in the last competition and nothing else.

These top 16 seeds have been guaranteed Round 1 byes this time round as a reward.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:02 Sun 17 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Round 1 Draw has been made and can be found in full here...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/round-1.html

The deadline for playing these games is Midnight UK on 24/6/12.

Please remember, however, that participation in this event is purely voluntary. If you do not wish to play your game or opponent then simply dont!!

Please post results in results thread. In the event of a game not being completed by the deadline both players will ordinarily be disqualified. However either player, or both, can request a default decision to be made.

Games are 3 racks of US8, UK8 and US9 with one point for each rack won plus one point for each GB or Run Out. If scores are tied after 9 racks then there will be a one rack sudden death tie-breaker. The game type for the tie-breaker will be chosen by the player winning rack 9.

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 18:09 Wed 20/06/12 (BST)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:09 Tue 19 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Putting this here as to not clog up the result thread.

I am finding it hard to actually play 0utlaw in this, i have been on everyday since the game was released but he only signs in for 10 minutes or more and usually when im in a tournament. Soon as i message him he goes offline though before i can send the message. He has not made any contact about this game at all.

He was on earlier but i was away at the shop when i came back he had literally just gone offline as i signed in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Tue 19 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If you have messaged him then fine - just keep them in case game isnt played - i dont know but maybe hes not interested in this competition.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:59 Wed 20 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Playing each other sometime tomorrow night.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:07 Wed 20 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Please remember, however, that participation in this event is purely voluntary. If you do not wish to play your game or opponent then simply dont!!

Please post results in results thread. In the event of a game not being completed by the deadline both players will ordinarily be disqualified. However either player, or both, can request a default decision to be made.

Games are 3 racks of US8, UK8 and US9 with one point for each rack won plus one point for each GB or Run Out. If scores are tied after 9 racks then there will be a one rack sudden death tie-breaker. The game type for the tie-breaker will be chosen by the player winning rack 9.

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 18:08 Wed 20/06/12 (BST)
skunkyfool
skunkyfool
16:00 Wed 20 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Messaged Vidic, but he's been offline for 9 days :(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:07 Wed 20 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Pumas off 5 days have messaged him like
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Thu 21 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Thu 21 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Have contacted lfc07 regarding our match no reply as we stand.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:30 Fri 22 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  

38 games of which 5 have been played and 4 or 5 posted about on here...

... leaves approx 28 games to go before deadline at Midnight on this coming Sunday.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:36 Mon 25 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Got a reply from lfc07 but we never were on at the same time Also noticed he has not played a game in 2 days+.....oh well maybe super league III
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:39 Tue 26 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
past deadline
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:12 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Round 2 can now be found here...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/round-2.html

Deadline for these games is Midnight UK Sunday 8th July.

Deadline for requesting any default in any unplayed game is Midnight UK Monday 9th July.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
see how am seeded 2 for this tournament, does that mean i could meet seb in the final again?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:03 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
or before each draw is random.

not sure how im seeded 3rd though, can chris clarify the basis of sorting of those in semis, quarters and last 16?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:03 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
madmike messaged too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The seeds were just a bit of fun and a recognition of players achievement in the last competition. They were also guaranteed first round byes.

Aside from that I personally prefer having completely open draws so there was no reason why jose and seb could not have been drawn together in Round 2 - or in any future round.

Genuine seedings could maybe be introduced in future if people really wanted it - would just need to find the best way of ranking people if that was the case.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:12 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
you could do it like our world tour but theres one tournament:

http://funkysnookerworldtour.weebly.com/

and cool but me and been made it to semis i think so how was i 3rd and been 4th?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
been lost in the Quarter Finals

scott7a made it to the Semi-Finals but hasnt played this time round.
Pages: 11213
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Players Championship - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.