The Players Championship - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:25 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Round 1 has finished - Round 2 now published on the site...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/round-2.html

107 players
21 byes
86 players in 43 games

Deadline is Midnight UK 20th March 2012
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:04 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Made an effort with my player. Assumed that because you had to be in a clan that default info was needed would have been posted on clan threads. Probably missed this if it was. If it was my bad, if not I'm annoyed!
cool_dude
cool_dude
09:01 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
21 byes in round 2? this is awful!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:18 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not really. Remember that everyone was signed up, so there loads of double DQ's of people that are inactive.

It should get to a reasonable level by round 3 or 4.

tokko- On the original message posted on clan threads, you were only told to retain default info. Any post on this thread would have ensured that you got into this round. In the absence of any sign of effort, chris gave DQ to both players. You can see lots of players posting on the last two pages of this thread.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:37 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Suggestion for next season: Before you do the first round draw, take out anyone who has been offline for 7 days or more. Removes a lot of the inactive players before the tourney starts.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:06 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not really. Remember that everyone was signed up, so there loads of double DQ's of people that are inactive.

It should get to a reasonable level by round 3 or 4.

tokko- On the original message posted on clan threads, you were only told to retain default info. Any post on this thread would have ensured that you got into this round. In the absence of any sign of effort, chris gave DQ to both players. You can see lots of players posting on the last two pages of this thread.
Never looked at this thread prior to wanting to post last night!

Still annoyed! In future do not call this clan affiliated if the effort can't be made to post on clan threads.

I made an effort with this match. I have default info but was never asked for it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:20 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Update

The deadline for games to be played is Midnight UK on Saturday 10th.

The deadline to request any sort of default decision in respect of an unplayed game will be Midnight UK on Monday 12th. I am seeking to apply common sense wherever possible rather than overcomplicate it, therefore in situations where one player in a game has messaged me, posted here or anything similar then that should suffice in the absence of any similar displays of effort or intent by the opposing player.

Where there is nothing from either player anywhere by the deadline then both players will be DQ'd.

Deadline for Round 1 games is tonight at Midnight. Deadline for requesting a default decision is Monday at Midnight.

All posts above and any messages sent to me have been noted and will already count as the requesting of a default decision.

Round 1 closed - additional default requests to be received by Midnight Monday.

Round 2 draw Tuesday.

Those three posts were all on this thread in advance of the deadlines. This thread is a clan thread. The link to this clan thread was posted on every team clan thread before the Round 1 games came out. I think that shows 'effort' to be fair.

I'm sorry but I am not spoon feeding 186 members when the worst thing that happens to someone who doesn't research the relevant rules/thread is that they get removed from a competition that they can re-enter (if they wish) when/if it starts again in less than three months time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:56 Tue 13 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I did not ask that you message all '186' members individually. If you decided this was a clan thing then post it on the whole 12 or whatever it is threads. Had no issue with everyone in philosophy but this now just seems lazy.

Not suggesting for a second I would have won but I've been booted, no fault of my own, there are no doubt others. Does this competition standup?

In three months, do not ask my clan to enter on the premise they are in it because of the clan. If you can't be bothered to send a post and expect people to find an fbl FCL competition in the FCL thread I will actively discourage my fellow clan folk not to enter if you decide it is clan only!

Turns out it is an experiment as can't be so lazy in future!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:02 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, he did post on all clan threads with links to this thread several times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It was on all 12 threads plus this one so thats actually 13 threads!!

I dont expect people to find this thread out of nowhere - however I gave them a sporting chance by posting a link before we started.

I would be surprised if I put less effort into running this than you did into playing your game or researching how the competition works but I have seen you have your own view on that which you're entitled to. As for your clan mates, at least two understood the concept as well!!

Edited at 22:07 Tue 13/03/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:07 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
How hard is it to post you want default info?

I don't study the forums anymore so again, if it is a clan only based tourney, make the effort!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
How hard is it to post you want default info?

I don't study the forums anymore so again, if it is a clan only based tourney, make the effort!

How hard is it to see that I did post I wanted default info??

Clearly not that hard because three members of your clan - plus countless others from other clans provided the information.

Edit - three not two!!

Edited at 22:30 Tue 13/03/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
After reading this thread which is in only FCL bit why?

If your going to come up with this, keep up with the effort!

I tried, was selectively posted, I'm out! This comp is nonsense! Good luck with it. If you want me to post on clan threads in future because you can't be bothered let me know and I'll try help out!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:27 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Clan Grand Slam - The Players Championship

Clan lock-downs will be tonight at Midnight (UK) and the First Round draw posted tomorrow. All that means simply is that any new players not registered by that time will not be able to take part in this individual cup competition this season.

Please see ...

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18491/clan-grand-slam-the-players-championship-news

for further details.

No I can be bothered to post on team threads. The one above came from your thread. That link, if you click on it, actually brings you to this thread with my three quoted posts above explaining how to request defaults and provide info in unplayed games. Seems we have gone full circle.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:31 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Again lazy! You're idea which you started and specifically made it clan related. If so post in clan threads, if not don't tie it to clans!

Again wrongly I'm out, point made! Make an effort if your coming up with an idea!!!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:33 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry, I don't understand. He DID post it in clan threads several times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:36 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Show me where it says on Devine forces thread they are looking for default info in this clan only tourney!!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:38 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Make an effort if your coming up with an idea!!!

Thanks very much - I value all constructive input posted onto this thread, when its finally been located.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:42 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't value smart Alec comments when a fault is shown up!

I will not be belittled!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:34 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Full Round 2 Draw is on the website...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/round-2.html

Deadline is Midnight (UK) 20/3/12. Failure to notify a result by the deadline may lead to an automatic DQ for both players.

All games will consist of 9 racks in total (3 each of US8, UK8 and US9). In addition to one point per rack there will be bonus points for any events achieved (Golden Breaks/Run Outs). Should the scores be level following the 9 racks there will be a sudden death deciding rack. The game type for this 10th and deciding rack will be chosen by the player who won the preceding (9th) rack.

This a voluntary tournament so there is no requirement to play or attempt to play if you wish not to. Please do not badger or harrass opponents if they do not reply or do not wish to play, simply retain evidence of contact and effort and forward it for consideration when requesting a default review.

Please post results on thread - winning player is sufficient.

Any request for a default review following an unplayed game is to be made by Midnight UK on 22/3/12.
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Players Championship - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.