The Players Championship - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:40 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
rusty messaged
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:54 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Show me where it says on Devine forces thread they are looking for default info in this clan only tourney!!!!!!!
Here is the link to your thread and chris's post:
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18397/divine-forces/28#1326318

Clearly, if nobody mentions anything about getting the game played, chris will not be able to magically tell that you made effort.

He posted the link to this thread, which you can visit if you're interested in the tourney.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:59 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep to be fair its hard to maintain nearly 200 players, chris posted on clan threads at start of the fixture and then its up to you to read all the information if you don't then you can't blame anyone else.

if you think about FCL or FBL or any main league you normally get a link and a deadline thats it (usually no info about sending defaults is posted either so you send them naturally), and you maintain those fixtures so logically chris posted more than enough information, only thing missing i would say is that he didn't mention that progress could be mentioned here but hardly worth a slap on the wrist.
toluca321
toluca321
03:30 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
message has been send it to my opponent waiting on reply hopefully i can get it done as soon as possible
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:49 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
In case crazy_greg doesn't post it, sly_fox has said he doesn't want to play:
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18371/snooker-squad-3rd-thread-these-pockets-are-barn-doors/88#1335057
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:19 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep to be fair its hard to maintain nearly 200 players, chris posted on clan threads at start of the fixture and then its up to you to read all the information if you don't then you can't blame anyone else.

if you think about FCL or FBL or any main league you normally get a link and a deadline thats it (usually no info about sending defaults is posted either so you send them naturally), and you maintain those fixtures so logically chris posted more than enough information, only thing missing i would say is that he didn't mention that progress could be mentioned here but hardly worth a slap on the wrist.
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!! doesn't say mention here. Sebs link justifys my position even more with the info its missing.

Simply don't make this clan affiliated in future.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:24 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Any game in which a result has not been posted by the notified deadline will result in an automatic DQ (disqualification) of both players. However either, or both, players have the right to submit a request for a default decision to be made in their game to decide which, if any of the players, progresses to the next round. These default requests will also need to be made within a certain deadline if they are to be entertained by the Competition runners.

Clearly in a competition such as this (which has not been attempted on such a scale before) it is likely that there will be many occasions where a player finds that their opponent does not wish to play the game. Please do not badger opponents. Simply retain any messages sent with any replies received and submit them for a default decision when required.

The actual competition, with the rules, will be hosted on the Super League website...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/rules.html

Update

The deadline for games to be played is Midnight UK on Saturday 10th.

The deadline to request any sort of default decision in respect of an unplayed game will be Midnight UK on Monday 12th. I am seeking to apply common sense wherever possible rather than overcomplicate it, therefore in situations where one player in a game has messaged me, posted here or anything similar then that should suffice in the absence of any similar displays of effort or intent by the opposing player.

Where there is nothing from either player anywhere by the deadline then both players will be DQ'd.

Deadline for Round 1 games is tonight at Midnight. Deadline for requesting a default decision is Monday at Midnight.

All posts above and any messages sent to me have been noted and will already count as the requesting of a default decision.

Round 1 closed - additional default requests to be received by Midnight Monday.

Now exactly what is the point you are trying to make because you don't seem to want to explain it very clearly?

Maybe try asking antione08, bulldog_oc and hightops, amongst others, to see how they managed to progress?

As for being clan affiliated, again not quite sure what the point is. It is an individuals knock-out cup competition for all players registered in clans.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:05 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!! doesn't say mention here. Sebs link justifys my position even more with the info its missing.

Simply don't make this clan affiliated in future.

or don't play if your going to cry about it? chris missed 1 part of information thats it, with say FCL its like this, fixture xxx released see xxx for link and xxx deadline, nothing about game modes, sending in default info or even posting your progress after its posted its up to YOU to maintain those fixtures and if you choose not to read all the information but just your opponents then can't blame anyone else.

chris posted more info than i would have to be honest.

i like this format and the DQ system as well.

Edited at 12:42 Wed 14/03/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks James. Still not sure exactly what was missed since all the quoted posts were on Clan threads and/or this thread (which was linked from Clan threads).

The bits in bold are pretty clear to me, and presumably to most others, judging by the information and messages I got posted or sent by competitors.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:37 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
if u get the games done. then there shouldnt be any bloody problem!
fry06
fry06
19:38 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
jds1966 messaged
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:25 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have messaged crazzymadman with my availability. Will see if i get a reply!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:27 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Made an effort with my player. Assumed that because you had to be in a clan that default info was needed would have been posted on clan threads. Probably missed this if it was. If it was my bad, if not I'm annoyed!

it was your "bad", clearly!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:36 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Made an effort with my player. Assumed that because you had to be in a clan that default info was needed would have been posted on clan threads. Probably missed this if it was. If it was my bad, if not I'm annoyed!

And this comment is required for what reason? Other than to wind me up I don't know why you would post it! Go be smart somewhere without quoting my posts in future!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:10 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/round-2.html

Round 2 games are on there ^^^^^^^^
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:19 Wed 14 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

And this comment is required for what reason? Other than to wind me up I don't know why you would post it! Go be smart somewhere without quoting my posts in future!

maybe you should read properly before posting!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:08 Thu 15 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

I can read fine thank you! Perhaps you should post messages with a reason behind them other than to stroke your own immature ego!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:09 Thu 15 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

I can read fine thank you! Perhaps you should post messages with a reason behind them other than to stroke your own immature ego!

clap clap
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:58 Fri 16 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
messaged bonkerss17
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Fri 16 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Clan Grand Slam - The Players Championship

Round 2 games - Deadline Midnight (GMT) 20/3/12

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/round-2.html

Deadline for requesting any default decision for an unplayed Round 2 game is Midnight (GMT) 22/3/12
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Players Championship - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.