FBL Notices and News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:50 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
In the case of a draw which is usually highly unlikely both teams involved will share the 10 (6??) bonus points for a win, so each will receive 3 points. (If there is no defaults)

Why do two teams that draw with no defaults score an additional 9 points (3 + 6) whilst two teams that draw with defaults don't score any additional points?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:51 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Because they get the 6 points for completing all those games in that fixture + they share the 6 points (win bonus) as they get a draw which would make it 9 points.

Why would we want to reward teams for getting defaults...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:57 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If you draw you should get the 3 points no matter whether there's defaults or not surely?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:57 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Re posted as their was a slight mistake, i was going to add another bit on but decided not to and forgot to delete the end part in brackets, i see why chris asked what he did now

Division one and two tables are now up to date till the end of fixture set one. Teams who had defaults can look on the website under their division to see how they went, these decisions are final and will not be changed.

In case anyone is wondering about the FBL bonus system i will explain it below as it has not changed like some people had thought, it is the same as what the FCL used to be.

Win Bonus: A clan will receive 6 bonus points for winning a clan fixture (Even if defaults are included in that game)

Completion: A clan will receive 6 bonus points for completing their games in a fixture if they have no defaults. (This is also rewarded to the losing clan of that fixture)

In the case of a draw which is usually highly unlikely both teams involved will share the 6 bonus points for a win, so each will receive 3 points.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:29 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL Golden Cue Announcement

Over the afternoon i have done the golden cue from scratch and fully up to date (except k1rk 3-0 i_am_classic). I will update partially played games when played or end of the deadline.

Golden Cue can be found here: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alod79U5yAindHRzaTJPZHFtUnRYZXhWV1A5YVJLTlE#gid=0 << please follow the link until it will be updated to the website either tonight or tomorrow.

The table is always live and will try and update it frequently rather than at end of each fixture set.

The table has 4 tabs:

Division One - Registered Golden Cue (sorted by highest %)
Division Two - Same but for Division Two
Division One Unregistered - This table shows users who haven't played required frames yet (sorted by frames played then %)
Division Two Unregistered - same but for Division Two

To feature in the golden cue you must play 60% of the minimum frames you can play during the season.

Division One - 22 frames
Division Two - 36 frames

Only played frames will count in the league, defaults, cup and killer will not count to ensure fairness to all although i am welcome for ideas at end of the season.

Thanks and Good Luck to you all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Isnt the minimum games you can play during the season zero therefore 60% of zero is zero.

A decent player would find it much easier to get a higher win percentage if playing only certain game types, such as straight, than an equally good player who plays 9 Ball for example. Not quite sure therefore whether this is worth doing in FBL?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:41 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe maybe not but least we can do is try right
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:51 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
For completion bonus, shouldn't it be if a clan doesn't have any defaults against them instead of if they don't have any defaults?

e.g. the score is 1-0 on the first day of fixtures released and one player deactivates/ is banned/ is offline the remaining time in the fixture, the default (providing the other player is proactive in attempting to get the game finished) should be 5-0. But they would be punished for non-completion. Easy when it's black and white, but maybe a set threshold to get it such as 70% of the default.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:13 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Isnt the minimum games you can play during the season zero therefore 60% of zero is zero.

A decent player would find it much easier to get a higher win percentage if playing only certain game types, such as straight, than an equally good player who plays 9 Ball for example. Not quite sure therefore whether this is worth doing in FBL?

Golden cue has been in fbl every season chris.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:18 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Never noticed lol - trouble is unless you only count players that have played all game types you cannot compare like with like.

Therefore in addition to the normal unfair advantage in both leagues of the players in the best clans not having to play opponents from their own clan, a player playing Straight for example has an unfair advantage over someone playing 9 ball.
horse10000
horse10000
23:20 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Never noticed lol - trouble is unless you only count players that have played all game types you cannot compare like with like.

Therefore in addition to the normal unfair advantage in both leagues of the players in the best clans not having to play opponents from their own clan, a player playing Straight for example has an unfair advantage over someone playing 9 ball.

Agree totally
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:24 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
thats the risk though, we have same format as this on snooker (minus 1 Power game as we only have one) and works well, normally people are put in their strongest game modes so shouldn't be a problem really.

didn't want to include cup as it wasn't 6 frames but if people wanted me to include cup thats fine too (would only take me 30-60 mins to update it), if Cup does count then frames to feature in golden cue would be like this.

Division One: 24
Division Two: 38

basically one extra cup game would be added as thats the minimum you could play
horse10000
horse10000
23:27 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The point is that people who play straight are far more likely to win 6-0 on more occasions than someone who plays 9 ball, thus the golden_cue is not a level playing field.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:29 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
true but who can stop it though? no one as flukes are a natural part of the game, golden cue is always a side competition and rewards the player who has played consistently throughout the season (like FCL) and shouldn't matter if its Straight or 9 Ball.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:29 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
thats the risk though, we have same format as this on snooker (minus 1 Power game as we only have one) and works well, normally people are put in their strongest game modes so shouldn't be a problem really.

Doesnt matter if youre in your strongest game or not.

For example

eemad has 90% wins on Straight and 65% on 9 Ball - and its a similar story for just about every good player in relative terms. For lesser players the reverse is generally true - they will have a lower win % in Straight than other game types.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:34 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes but someone HAS to play Straight, if you want level playing field in the golden cue everyone would have to be playing same game mode, same frames, same fixtures, it can't happen due to FBL's nature, Golden Cue is a side event, if your not consistent enough then you don't win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:39 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It can happen if you you only count people that play all game types - but then that goes against the format of the FBL itself.

It just seems like an awful lot of work for nothing mate as its not based on consistency or a level playing field, but up to you if you have the time and desire to do it - fill your boots!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:45 Sun 15 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It can happen if you you only count people that play all game types - but then that goes against the format of the FBL itself.

It just seems like an awful lot of work for nothing mate as its not based on consistency or a level playing field, but up to you if you have the time and desire to do it - fill your boots!!

thats what i mean though, it can't be fair in any league as all 16 players would need to play in all the fixtures lets say FCL format (Cup would have to be excluded due to uneven number of games), not until then will it be fair.

and cheers mate, its not too much work if i keep updating regularly and i have the time, we can discuss options after the season on how to make it better or to scrap it altogether
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:42 Thu 19 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Forgot to mention this but in the Golden Cue if you change divisions for whatever reason then you must start your golden cue reign again in the new division but your old stats will remain.

for example i think jimmy__1878 played 6 frames before moving to MVP, if he played any frames with MVP his name would be there in division one as well as division two and if he moved to div 2 again his 6 frames with UT would carryon.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:45 Thu 19 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Same will apply to me then.
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL Notices and News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.