League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19899
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
11:38 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I never once stated that i would not allow a player to make necessary subs if indeed a captain/vice were offline for some amount of time though did i.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I never once stated that i would not allow a player to make necessary subs if indeed a captain/vice were offline for some amount of time though did i.

No but that is what the rules say. And it has to be what the rules say that matters - not what any one League Runner decides on an adhoc basis at any given time? Or if that is how you want it to be for whatever reason then incorporate that into the rules so everyone is aware?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:22 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
On Snooker if someone leaves for first time we generally give them a slap of the wrist and point them to code of conduct rules:

http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/90-code-of-conduct.html

then next time we give them a warning then time after that we discuss what is the best suitable punishment which is usually a fixture or two suspension
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:38 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
couple of rules ive found in our league for you to talk about

4.4 Completed games by banned users
After a game is completed, if league runners have a good indication that a player has been banned for playing duplicate accounts, the opposing captain has the option of letting the score stand or resetting to 0-0. If the score is reset, the clan has the option of entering a substitute for the banned player. In case that game subsequently heads to defaults, the time up to the substitution will be considered inactivity by the offending clan.

4.5 Ties at the end of the season
If two teams are tied at the top of the table at the end of the season, a playoff will be played with following format:
Both teams nominate 7 players for a shortened FCL Format. The matches will be a race to 3 in 8US, 9US, 8UK. Each match win gives your team 1 point. The clan that wins 4+ out of the 7 matches wins the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:42 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
On Snooker if someone leaves for first time we generally give them a slap of the wrist and point them to code of conduct rules:

http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/90-code-of-conduct.html

then next time we give them a warning then time after that we discuss what is the best suitable punishment which is usually a fixture or two suspension

What?!?! There's a funkysnooker as well? You should have said...!!
blueberry
blueberry
20:45 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
One day at band camp
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:03 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hahaha dgen, nice try. You can't just bring in loads of snooker rules- you'll lose everyone!!
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:12 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We wouldn't mind him suggesting rules from snooker if they were perfect, but going by what I've been hearing the snooker league aint what some people make it out to be.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:15 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good to know! We've had no complaints

Judging by the time it takes to power through a discussion thread here, the rules on snooker look pretty good
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:21 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That surprises me, its comments I've heard from snooker players, not pool players, these snooker players need to learn to speak up lol.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:24 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They definitely do!
But we've had no major arguments about rules or anything like that for about 3 seasons now.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:33 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done, keep up the good work, if thats the case pool players should learn from snooker and accept the rules put in place by the FCL and FBL league runners and just get on with playing the games, at the end of the day thats what its all about, I wonder if pool will ever go 2 nevermind 3 seasons in a row without major arguments and rule changes lol.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:36 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, problem is that due to different circumstances, the same rules don't necessarily work here. As above, the "sub in partially played games" rule is only effective with a completion bonus, which doesn't exist here.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:42 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
doubt it but people generally disagree because its snooker when they should look at the idea from a different angle. i mean Snooker League wouldn't be here without FCL where i got ideas about subs and defaults team or player input whereas FBL on pool got their league from Snooker so generally without FCL no leagues would be here today.

the post about code of conduct was just in relation to Jays post about leaving games and shows we do a similar punishment system, the second one was just general ideas the duplicate account has come up recently and put tie forward in case there is one.

maybe pool do need to put up and shut up as you put it but people are too stubborn in my view.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:48 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, problem is that due to different circumstances, the same rules don't necessarily work here. As above, the "sub in partially played games" rule is only effective with a completion bonus, which doesn't exist here.

yeah true, maybe do what chris does in Super League in this case where if both captains agree to sub then the subbing player can't gain anymore points in that game but can stop the other player from scoring.

this then would be same as no completion bonus so would still be some sort of penalty system
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:58 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't quite put it like that lol

I just think we have rules in place that occasionally need tweeking, they will never be perfect in everyones eyes, you will always get someone that disagrees with this, that and everything else, what I'm saying is theres the rules, lets try to accept them and lets get on and play pool and leave the league runners to run the leagues.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:04 Sat 15 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Topics Being/Have Been Discussed

Making the league one big division

Increasing the clan size limit

Again please add any topic that you think needs discussed.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Pages: 19899
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.