League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:02 Thu 13 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not pointless if it's 3-3 then there is something to be gained isn't there?
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
22:29 Thu 13 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
But where is the grey area when both captains have to agree? If they agree- done. If they don't- not done.

Because its a no-brainer. There is nothing at all to be gained by agreeing to it. Therefore it is pointless.

The grey area is potentially because it is not something that can be applied across the board as a level playing field for all. For example my team played dgen's team and he didnt agree to the subbing in for a partially played game we had. The next fixture your team is playing dgen's and the same situation occurs but this time he does agree to it. This is now the last fixture of the season and you are able to overtake me with the points earned from this game. Fair?

Not, can we really have a rule where a captain can say yes to one clan but no to others ?, I don't think so.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:50 Thu 13 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, probably not possible because people are right old lkahdglkhsadg here haha!!

But I agree with you guys- there is no incentive without a completion bonus so it becomes irrelevant.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:48 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have been thinking of punishment if players do leave a game and do not get it finished, for example if i was playing Alan and i left the game winning or losing without a word and then made no effort to even get the game done then punishment would be needed. I was thinking of something like the below.

Warning
Fixture Ban (One Fixture)
Fixture Ban (Threee Fixtures)
Banned From League

I put three there as it should increase if it is repeated by the offender, one fixture ban should stop them doing it again though. In the unusual case there would be a league ban but that would more than likely start at the start of a new season as the seasons are only like four - five fixtures long, if there was five fixture sets where there then last one could be five fixture ban, new season begins and they do it again it would be a season ban or something.

That was off the top of my head though so if you have any ideas of how i could punish someone then please let me know.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:55 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
its a clan team game so best punishment is minus points for the clan they will think otherwise as if was captain and a player ade no effort to finish id definitely think otherwise about putting them in other fixtures
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:03 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Talking about a clan player leaving the game though, can't expect captains to get a written contract that players will finish all their games.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
04:05 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Warning
Banned From League

Too soft lol, if everyone knows they will only get a warning or a fixture ban they wont be bothered, where as an automatic league ban will make them think twice before leaving and not finishing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Talking about a clan player leaving the game though, can't expect captains to get a written contract that players will finish all their games.

pretty stupid comment...how is what you said going to stop a player leaving
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:22 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

pretty stupid comment...how is what you said going to stop a player leaving

Stupid?

That is why the punishment would get bigger like i said above, i said if anyone had any other ideas then to please tell me, not sit there and call stuff stupid.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:27 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Warning
Banned From League

Too soft lol, if everyone knows they will only get a warning or a fixture ban they wont be bothered, where as an automatic league ban will make them think twice before leaving and not finishing.

Cant say right you have a league ban due to not doing one game for what ever reason.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:29 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
its a clan team game so best punishment is minus points for the clan they will think otherwise as if was captain and a player ade no effort to finish id definitely think otherwise about putting them in other fixtures
I don't think it makes any difference whether you punish the team or the player. The people who do this aren't generally players that think about the greater good of the team lol.

Suspending them is better than docking a team points in the standings. You don't want the title decided at the end of the season because some guy left a game early...

I don't think we can stop this at all. The players who do this will continue.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:33 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
90% of the time the games are finished, its like i have always said though life comes first in my book, i do this league in my spare time whether people like it or not. Are you all going to suspend me if i can't make it on for a fortnight?

Im rambling now as im tired
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:39 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh talking about written contract in sarcasm down talking a suggestion is stupid when i only posted a suggestion fair enough may not be a viable 1. all am saying is that if a captain knows that a player has form of unfinished games then makes them think twice of putting them in so the players will then struggle to get games and find another clan to play for..
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:47 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Wasn't sarcasm and was not stupid, all i was saying is you can not punish a clan and its players because of an individual. Like Seb said no one wants the title decided because of a player leaving a game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:50 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
y not simply boot them out of the clan 4 the season if they can not follow the rule :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:52 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It happens anyway due to defaults when a player leaves...So no difference just adds abit more encouragement imo to get the game played.

lol shadows lets get more joining you on the banned list
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:05 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It happens anyway due to defaults when a player leaves...So no difference just adds abit more encouragement imo to get the game played.

lol shadows lets get more joining you on the banned list

ouch dagger to the heart
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
05:06 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Shadows, it is not an actual rule that you have to complete games though so that would not work, your ban was simple as you broke a league rule and technically a funkypool rule but the funky rules are annoying .

Like i said though, can't just hand out a ban straight away because a player left a game, there has to be some sort of warning and what not like you would get when working, jesus i was on a written warning at work for being late a lot, can't sack someone over being late once or having to leave early because of something important or anything like that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:12 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hey ino my ban and ima take it properly :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
its like i have always said though life comes first in my book... Are you all going to suspend me if i can't make it on for a fortnight?

No of course not- and yet if that same thing happens to a Captain and a Vice, you (as in the Leagues) are prepared to accept that not a single sub or swap could be made at all during a fixture period by that clan - even if every other clan member was online 24/7?
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.