How could we make the league a good activity?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:19 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi,

the clans/ladders/mini tournaments etc, haven't caught on :(

I'm hosting the league with afey, revenge and possibly 2 other people. Not quite sure how to make it stand out tho, was wondering if any users had ideas of how we could make it better.

Any ideas?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:26 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh i have 1 .....

the league games shuld go on for say 2weeks and in this 2 weks we have 2 each play 20 games... the top 8 or 16 players get entered into a torney at an aranged date n time so if they dont show its there own fault and who eva wins the torney wins the league and u cud run this kinda league once a month mayb? only an idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:26 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, you need to make the league appealing to all users of high and low ranks so two divsions would be needed.

or

You design a table similar to the football league one, at the start of the league each player can be givin a fixture list of the people that they have to player in that league season, the number of people in it would have to be not to high as the fixture list would be quite complicated, what do u think?

Edited at 11:34 Tue 21/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:12 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
better rewards 4 winnin?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:20 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
what can the rewards be though?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:47 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
bear in mind that this isn't really official.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:34 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well y not make it official? this cud b sumat that nick could add 2 the site mayb? and if it does get added you could play say 4 seasons a year spring summer...etc.. and play the games over 3 months

reward for winning: if you was 2 win a season then mayb nick could let the winner have a months use ov premium for free.. or somethin like that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:08 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh good idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
My league isn't official.

Nick has got league written down on his premium feature todo list, so an official one will be coded in the near future.

Premium isn't even coded. There MAY be a possibility of 2.0 rank points or something for the winner, but as this is not official and I'm not the site owner, there's a very high chance that this isn't able to happen.

Edited at 17:18 Tue 21/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:52 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
oh ok i like lamberts idea...and i think ther should be a reward for it it will make it more interestin, what bout if ya do what ya do wit tournys and have a legue win table, so its not like you actually win anything but you get the reputation..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:52 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It is a bit of fun, you don't need prizes....well i don't want a reward anyway :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:51 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nar j0ns idea is gd .... like add an extra thing on your profile and that tells ppl how many leagues you've won :D i fink that wud b a gd idea
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yh is a good idea, every1 know thas why ppl play tournies..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:30 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
again guys, it's not official, it's just a fun third party site running alongside funkypool.com
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:41 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
on the funkypool league, i've tidied things up a lil bit. Moved all from waiting list to the league (or denied if your names tommy or if you used a name you don't own on funkypool!)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:51 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
please don't post offtopic.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
ok sorry nicky
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

How could we make the league a good activity?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.