FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
horse10000
horse10000
03:00 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We put hours of organising into getting the games played, that will be for nothing!
Yes, we also put hours of organizing into it and didn't manage to get the game against Shooters done? Should we be punished?

Just because you dont get something played doesn't mean no effort was made.

You can't have two games for some teams in the first game and then one for the rest in all the other games. Come on, this is simple lol.

With all posts etc regarding this you will win default. It is no different from any other game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:01 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The clans that need to be punished are the clans that didnt get the 2 games of killer done or even acknowledge the other clans requests for killer
Why all this talk about punishing?? Nobody needs to be punished for anything lol. jeez.

While MVP would keep their two wins, their opponents would be punished with the loss, whereas other clans would get default results. Is that fair considering for the rest of the season it will only be one game?

Again- it doesn't make any sense to do 12 defaults because a couple of teams managed to get both games done. Take the second result out, then everyone has the same amount of frames played.

Im sure if clans are genuinely struggling for players(shooters) they can play the same 3 players that played in the first killer game?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:01 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think (and I have not read all the discussion I don't have the patience to do so) that just allowing maybe the same players or some of the same players to feature in the second killer game would help a lot.

Keep it at 2 games for this season with any player able to play in both games whether previously played in killer or not, and then change it to 1 game next season?

this was Seb's second idea and it does help the problem is that you need 6 different players online, with that it needs 3 either way is fine by me as it doesn't change much
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:02 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I cannot believe you JAY and MATTY are condoning this.. we have never ever had a rule change this big in the middle of a season, in ANY league!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
right,just to change the subject,just playin tinie in our fbl straight game,he gets to 35 pots and carries on to about 60 and then logs out before he'd finished his run.does he lose by default or does he still keep the win??
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
With all posts etc regarding this you will win default. It is no different from any other game
lol great, so we'll win 4+ points, while other teams will be getting punished for getting their game played (if they lost).

Having more than half of games decided by default makes a mockery of the competition and will cause endless grief to the defaults team.
Think of what will happen on this thread once the killer default decisions are being made.

Just take the one frame off, is it really so bad?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:03 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
as usual the voice of reason is Seb

i mean its completely down to what matty wants to do but easy like said above to rectify now by removing just 3 games than struggle through the season trying to get 2 games per fixture completed or unfairly having uneven scoring from fixture one and making this change from fixture two.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:04 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
right,just to change the subject,just playin tinie in our fbl straight game,he gets to 35 pots and carries on to about 60 and then logs out before he'd finished his run.does he lose by default or does he still keep the win??
We're not claiming the win. The result as displayed is 1-0, so it's best to just replay the game when you're both online (hopefully) tomorrow.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
i was in same situation as you horse, i even said do a separate killer league away from the league as i was afraid this would happen.
lol this doesn't matter!! Everyone loves rubbing it in when something doesn't work.

Let's say for a second it had worked- would you all be apologizing on this thread for causing so much grief before it was implemented?

Because that hasn't happened for past decisions that did work out.

yup i would as im an honest person and admit to mistakes

its not that it didn't work just needed a change thats all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
I think we need to realise, Jay and Matty were put under pressure by growing number of people complaining about the 2 killer fixtures, now they try to do something there is complaints.

Please just positive feedback, no need to have a dig towards them really is there? They are trying to give people what they want.
horse10000
horse10000
03:05 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think (and I have not read all the discussion I don't have the patience to do so) that just allowing maybe the same players or some of the same players to feature in the second killer game would help a lot.

Keep it at 2 games for this season with any player able to play in both games whether previously played in killer or not, and then change it to 1 game next season?

this was Seb's second idea and it does help the problem is that you need 6 different players online, with that it needs 3 either way is fine by me as it doesn't change much

No defeats purpose of having 2 games, i have no interest in playing 'seb', 'tinie' and 'lethal_lures' twice. It has to be different players to have any credibility.

Shooters could be an exception to the rule as they are struggling for players but only down to this and if they made signings they would be back to same as everyone else. League staff could maybe grant them a one off to do this.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:05 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yup i would as im an honest person and admit to mistakes

its not that it didn't work just needed a change thats all
lol that's great. But being serious for a second- never has anyone apologized to runners if they were wrong at it worked out later. They only lay into them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:06 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

We're not claiming the win. The result as displayed is 1-0, so it's best to just replay the game when you're both online (hopefully) tomorrow.

the frame win i meant soz,

Straight Pool Friendly - tinie (0) loses to scooby (1) (by default, tinie left the game)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:07 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
the frame win i meant soz,
Straight Pool Friendly - tinie (0) loses to scooby (1) (by default, tinie left the game)
Yeah I know mate. The score shows that nobody actually earned the frame (at least not while connected), so it makes sense to replay?
horse10000
horse10000
03:09 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lol great, so we'll win 4+ points, while other teams will be getting punished for getting their game played (if they lost).

Having more than half of games decided by default makes a mockery of the competition and will cause endless grief to the defaults team.
Think of what will happen on this thread once the killer default decisions are being made.

Just take the one frame off, is it really so bad?

It would be 2 games off, we played all 4

Sorry but league staff had the chance to change this before it became an issue. They didn't listen and now their is an issue and they think changing the format and penalising clans who completed games is a fair means to do it.

Change it if you want and deduct points if you want, but you can also deduct MVP from the league, i am not having my clan penalised for busting a gut to get games played after i had warned the league staff to change the number of games before this happened.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i am just trying to think defaults here, half of all killer games currently are set to go to default, 12? thats ridiculous! not to mention any other defaults that might come about from the other game types.

as Seb said, there will be endless grief to the defaults panel and the league runners over these killer defaults, i can guarantee you that, just like i guaranteed killer never working in FBL.
horse10000
horse10000
03:13 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i am just trying to think defaults here, half of all killer games currently are set to go to default, 12? thats ridiculous! not to mention any other defaults that might come about from the other game types.

as Seb said, there will be endless grief to the defaults panel and the league runners over these killer defaults, i can guarantee you that, just like i guaranteed killer never working in FBL.

Agree but league runners created this problem for themselves and had the chance to sort before it became a reality.

I could guarantee now that mvp will complete 2 games of killer every fixture for the FBL and any games that were not played we would win default as i have a number of players who are willing to go the extra mile to get games played or to chase to make sure we have done everything possible if they aren't.

So why would we want the format changed to penalise us?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
but you can also deduct MVP from the league, i am not having my clan penalised for busting a gut to get games played.

Respect for that ^^ true captain!

Wish i had a say in what Team Angry did, arranging killer games was a pain in the backside and now we are getting penalised for our effort to get them played whilst others that didnt are pretty much rewarded?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Change it if you want and deduct points if you want, but you can also deduct MVP from the league, i am not having my clan penalised for busting a gut to get games played after i had warned the league staff to change the number of games before this happened.
I have to say, this is really weak- always threatening to leave the league. If you don't want to play in the FBL, just leave.

So you honestly think that doing 12 defaults (and dealing with the massive arguments that will follow these decisions) is the smarter way of handling this?

Will you think it's fair that we could end up getting more points than clans that played through defaults?
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:14 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Some of us argued against killer but league runners were determined to bring it in, I mentioned the problem would be defaults and nobody listened, I see above someone mentioned how do you do defaults for killer, simple answer is you can't fairly and that should have been thought about more by league runners.
MVP didn't want killer but our guys went for it and completed the 4 games and now people are talking about taking points off us, people that got losses at killer lol
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.