FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 16970
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:05 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer is simple to arrange when the teams are ran properly, for all I dislike huts at times I've sent him One message this morning and we should have killer tonight at 9 o clock it's not difficult to get hold of captains and they get hold of their players.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:08 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i agree killer is easier when you playing a team that has active players. Untouchables have already played one of theirs with Underdogs and we should have played the other last night to but unfortunately Unbeatables third player had to go. It is being done tonight though

Killer is the main priority in the fixture when it comes out as it is usually the hardest to play which i also agree with, so easier to arrange early and get it done
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:09 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Aye i think think it should get put back to 6 games... You have to have the draw available! Losing 4-3 then the bonus point on top of that, so your losing 2 points for a game you probably would have drawn at 3-3!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:10 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i agree killer is easier when you playing a team that has active players. Untouchables have already played one of theirs with Underdogs and we should have played the other last night to but unfortunately Unbeatables third player had to go. It is being done tonight though

Killer is the main priority in the fixture when it comes out as it is usually the hardest to play which i also agree with, so easier to arrange early and get it done

Yep as long as you hve willing captains/vices then it is simple to arrange.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Aye i think think it should get put back to 6 games... You have to have the draw available! Losing 4-3 then the bonus point on top of that, so your losing 2 points for a game you probably would have drawn at 3-3!

I agree that it should go back to 6 frames.

Draws should be available.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:12 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As for jema staying on as a runner I wish her all the best can't say that me and pirate are not disappointed as we obviously are we spent a lot of time working on ideas to make the league better and we are sure the ideas we had would of definitely done so but it wasnt meant to be. So good luck to Jema and whoever helps her.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So more change for the sake of change. You removed killer until i made my poibt about it working as it had the season before and now yoi want to increase to two games AND change the very fair scoring system. From what I gather the majority hate the changes in scoring and frame amounts brought in thks season. Again changing from a perfectly working system. So many negative changes in this league for absolutely no reason I can see.

Believe it or not i am one of the disappointed ones. I would go on but there is little point.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:40 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As Jema said the only reason it is being changed is because the scoring for killer is weird and there was some miscommunication between her and mattywellie about it. By the time it was noticed it was to late to change it as set one had already been played (may have been one and two).

If it was to change to two games then i think the number of people involved has to be dropped as well, like snooker has done with their it is now two games of two on two. Same player can not play in both games.

Killer was not introduced again because of any point of yours John it was introduced again as many people expressed their opinion and wanted it in.

I don't mind the scoring on league games to be honest, it is one extra frame. If it was knocked back to six frames played then fair enough as having a draw is always fair. Bonus point is a good idea and i like that but if you get a draw then you nor the opponent get a bonus point so maybe that needs increased to two points so they would share with a draw. With the increase in the bonus points to there would be an even amount of 80 points in total (if killer went to two games)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Anything is easier to arrange when you have good communication and co-operation, a few teams struggle with both of these, making it more difficult to arrange.

With regards to 'change', some people adapt and accept it, some don't. Never going to please everyone, that's life. Some of the changes are on a trial and error basis hence the whole reason for having this thread.

To give constructive criticism or praise with sensible feedback
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont care about claiming credit. All i want to know is when these stupid changes are being made, are they being made because there is something wrong with what is in place or is it cause 'oh, i fancy that change'? The league is run like a dictorship and opinions very rarely sought and even rarer, listened to.

I do like the old saying, if its not broke, dont fix it.

And before the usual retort, this is not cause i think you were the worst thing to happen to clans, its because i dont want it getting worse.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:52 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't know why you are aiming any of that at me, it has nothing to do with fancying a change though it was expressed feelings from all players in general. I gave an idea above and no one has expressed on it yet.

To make a league better you need changes, yes i agree some of them come across as stupid at first because there is no telling what can happen in the trial of that change. I didn't see many people complain about the TCL going for a season and then wanting to change to the Super League again, and from what i understand that was going to be the same each season, so scrap SL to bring in TCL again and then the season after that bring in SL again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I like the idea of tcl switching from that to the sl that's a very good idea, as for increasing win bonus in fbl opposed to scrapping it I am a Deffo no no on that there shouldn't be a win bonus your bonus for winning is WINNING.

Another note if it goes back to 6 frames the If you win there will already be a 2 point gap between the winning and losing margin I don't think thy should be increased at all.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:05 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i see what you are saying Matty, but at the same time there is a lot of clan players as you know so of course everyone will have mixed feelings. It was only an idea as i dont mind how it was before or how it is now to be honest.

If it came to it then a poll could be made an players have to vote, the only thing wrong with that is that your lucky to get 100+ people to vote when the league is made up with over 160+ players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:19 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It wasnt aimed at you jay, you have made changes i dislike in fcl but not changed the fundemental set up of games, why, cause it works perfectly. 6 in fbl worked perfectly killer spiced it up and made i5 a team game more but apart from that everything was fine. As for ss not winning when maybe should have, folk will have story after story of hard luck in clan life. I was disappointed but the rules were there at the start of the season. I wish this league was left as it has been, sucessful, long before herr pixie took over. Run the league as in facilitate it if you really must but its not her toy. It belongs to clans so listen to the clans. If by making it a public vote helps then it helps but right now its run on a whim and getting a simple set up worse and less enjoyable to palette.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:24 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
IF it goes to 2 vs 2 then teams will continuously pick their 4 best players, can't the Team Killer selections be randomized somehow?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:29 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Team killer is the one game that can be fixed and it is up to captains who play or the person who organises the game with the other clan. I say it can be fixed as it can because some clans will always try to get their best to play it but then again it is killer and you can never tell what the outcome will be or who has the luck on the night or whatever you want to call it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:32 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer should be 2 games of 3 vs 3 the way it was before same players can't play in them both, it's simple
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
2 or 3 players from any clan to me doesn't represent in my opinion a team, should be 2 matches 5 vs 5, no player can play twice,
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That's the most ridiculous thing ever. It was 3 vs 3 for a reason two games of 3 vs 3 means 6 players contend in the killer 6 players from a team is a good portion of the team trying to get 10 players all different is ridiculous ash and I think Even you know that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As Matty said, we are disappointed that we aren't going to get the chance to have a go and I'm not entirely content with the reasons.

Regardless, best of luck with carrying on the league

Edited at 13:55 Tue 30/07/13 (BST)
Pages: 16970
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.