FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 17071
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That's the most ridiculous thing ever. It was 3 vs 3 for a reason two games of 3 vs 3 means 6 players contend in the killer 6 players from a team is a good portion of the team trying to get 10 players all different is ridiculous ash and I think Even you know that.

Yeah it is, just trying to emphasise the team aspect, 3 x 3 (2 matches) is better than 2x2(2 matches).

As we are talking in '3's couldn't 8us/9us/8uk have 3 matches in them, we have a lot of players in Black Magic who want to play 8uk and we can only chose 4 per fixture set.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:50 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This is the problem changing the fundamentals.

Fbl has always been two of each and its worked.

Killer came in and made it better.

Jema took over and got rid of killer. People disliked it. Jema brings killer back and people like it.

If the right tweaks are made there is nothing wrong with the fbl fundamentally but such big changes shouldn't be made like 3 of each type.
erigert
erigert
16:55 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Edited at 14:00 Tue 30/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well we will let Jema decide, people are entitled to their opinions as this is meant to be a 'Discussion Thread'. At present appears to just be me making a suggestion (some silly I admit) and you quickly 'pounce on it' lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:04 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
4 v 4 in killer minimum...this 2 or 3 is just throwing points away for so called lesser clans.

4 v 4 or more and players can play in both fixtures or more during the set...DSQ them because they played vs 1 team is stupid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:04 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I'm not pouncing I'm Showing flaws it is a discussion thread and everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously. But I've got some
Free time so I'm expressing my opinions on other people's opinions :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:06 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Pow I don't think you have read through the thread properly, I was saying each time 3 vs 3 so 6 players vs each team in each fixtures the same 6 can play against TWO different teams but 3 players can't play the same team twice.

Edited at 14:10 Tue 30/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:08 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It wasnt aimed at you jay, you have made changes i dislike in fcl but not changed the fundemental set up of games, why, cause it works perfectly. 6 in fbl worked perfectly killer spiced it up and made i5 a team game more but apart from that everything was fine. As for ss not winning when maybe should have, folk will have story after story of hard luck in clan life. I was disappointed but the rules were there at the start of the season. I wish this league was left as it has been, sucessful, long before herr pixie took over. Run the league as in facilitate it if you really must but its not her toy. It belongs to clans so listen to the clans. If by making it a public vote helps then it helps but right now its run on a whim and getting a simple set up worse and less enjoyable to palette.

Woah woah woah - it is frau pixie, not herr, I am not a dude thanks.

Secondly with regards to this season any ideas that were brought to me I put up to a vote, I didn't make the changes without first trying to consult the entire clan population - so don't tell me I don't listen to the clans - I didn't want 2 divisions - it's double the work but I did it because its what was voted for.

I have said that this season I will put ALL my personal feelings about the league to one side and really concentrate on member opinions.

Before posting and slating my league running ability AGAIN please ensure you actually have all the correct facts.
fuunky
fuunky
17:09 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As Matty said, we are disappointed that we aren't going to get the chance to have a go and I'm not entirely content with the reasons.

Regardless, best of luck with carrying on the league

Edited at 13:55 Tue 30/07/13 (BST)

Bit harsh but it must of been a hard decision, save you're ideas for next time!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:09 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What was the result of the poll to change it to 7 frames?

What was the result of the poll to add a bonus point?
erigert
erigert
17:16 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i really liked 1 division. we have played the same clans twice in this format and same players playing each other twice.

also i think we should go back to six frames, but keep the bonus point which you get when you win. if u draw or lose u dont get any bonus point.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What does it matter? They are the new rules, no amount of statistics is going to change anything. IF another poll were done I'm sure Jema would do exactly what she has said she will do and implement according to the general consensus.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:20 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What does it matter? They are the new rules, no amount of statistics is going to change anything. IF another poll were done I'm sure Jema would do exactly what she has said she will do and implement according to the general consensus.

Wether it matters or not he is a member of the fbl and he has he right to ask for the results just like you have If you wanted to know :-/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:20 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the bonus was introduced as fixtures were being won and lost over that straight game and can see why pixie made straight a max of 7 and other disciplines a max of 8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:21 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I don't have the results, they were done at the start of the season, results were posted on forums in plenty of time as per.

The polls have since been removed to allow for other polls should be needed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:26 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
My point being it was changed on a whim. Perhaos the poll might have voted for these changes but i think you wipl find pixie is unable to provide the results rwther than not having to.

I'll try putting my point differently. I drove home the other day, stopped the car in a laybye, pulled out my phone (handsfree) and called the RAC to come out. After a wait they turned up ajd asked what was wrong, what needs fixed?, i said nothing, so they went away.

This league is broke. Maybe a change of runners would have fixed it, i dont know but i certainly can't hurt.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Yeah agreed i did just jump in without looking, sorry
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:29 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I am not going anywhere so guess we will have to see, thanks for your input though John
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:39 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
She did say the results where posted, you make such a big deal out of it with this whim thing maybe you should go and find the post. I'll find it later when i come back on

Must be hard for her to even listen to you though as you both can't stand each other so you will obviously attack on most things she does, and she just won't listen or listen but not be nice.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:49 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The result of the poll was posted as a link as far as i can find anyway, obviously the link does not work now due to the poll being removed at the start of the season. There was a notice from the FBL runner about the opening and closing of the poll on every clan thread. It would not have been implemented if the poll was against it anyway.
Pages: 17071
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.