London Olympics

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:15 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have watched the first round of Football matches and the teams i think that were producing the best football have been Japan, Brazil, and Morocco haha GBR dissapointed me a to be honest i thought it would be alot better but i guess its still early days,

Cracking game with Japan and Spain also Morocco and Honduras
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:25 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You left out UAE? - Well I thought they were really good, a mobile side, capable of taking out Australia to perform in the Olympics for the first time in ages :)

Really looking forward to the olympics now, was feeling just a bit underwhelmed before last night
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:11 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Team GB "Soccer Squad" as it's called could have had alot of better options using all 4 countries instead of just wales and england.... a failure which looks most likely is on stuart pearce's head for not looking properly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Team GB "Soccer Squad" as it's called could have had alot of better options using all 4 countries instead of just wales and england.... a failure which looks most likely is on stuart pearce's head for not looking properly.

You scottish didn't want anything to do with the GB football team same with northern ireland.

Wales also didn't want their players playing but said they wont fine anyone that goes to the Olympics as it is there choice

So if i was you Dex i would look a lot closer to home for the GB squad not have "better options"
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:30 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You Scottish? you mean they asked some high up idiot if he wanted any Scottish or Irish involved and they said no, they never actually asked the Scottish or Irish population about it, if they did i would have said yes.

I rarely watch the Olympics unless GB are involved somewhere but i enjoy watching the Cycling the one which Chris Hoy does and i quite enjoy the swimming to.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:00 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Did anyone see that fall by the cyclist? ouch it didnt look nice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:27 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You Scottish? you mean they asked some high up idiot if he wanted any Scottish or Irish involved and they said no, they never actually asked the Scottish or Irish population about it, if they did i would have said yes.

I rarely watch the Olympics unless GB are involved somewhere but i enjoy watching the Cycling the one which Chris Hoy does and i quite enjoy the swimming to.

It was all down to the Scottish and Northern Ireland FA Jay as they dint wana let players go, they wanted to enter the Euros and World Cup as Scotland and Northern Ireland and not as Great Britian, even tho Sepp "the idiot" Blatter said they could still enter as Scotland and Northern Ireland even if they let players play in a team called GB
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:40 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
US Ladies actually playing some pretty attractive football!

Although it could be down to Columbian Ladies being crap
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:23 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

It was all down to the Scottish and Northern Ireland FA Jay as they dint wana let players go, they wanted to enter the Euros and World Cup as Scotland and Northern Ireland and not as Great Britian, even tho Sepp "the idiot" Blatter said they could still enter as Scotland and Northern Ireland even if they let players play in a team called GB

Yeah but your remark You Scottish is what i was referring to, as it basically said all Scottish never wanted it. We all know the FA is a joke.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:18 Mon 30 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh YOU scottish

I'm sowwii, please don't divorce me! xx
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:21 Mon 30 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh YOU scottish

I'm sowwii, please don't divorce me! xx

Gotta be married first aint ya Jem

On a serious note Spain are out of the football LMAO

So much for them getting gold
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:24 Mon 30 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh roll on Oct/Nov

Got a nice silver in the women's road cycling
fry06
fry06
04:39 Mon 30 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Wishing the Brazilian hurdlers luck ...

-----------------
That was distasteful.

Edited by forum moderator clooneman, at 04:33 Thu 02/08/12 (BST)
funk_p0tter_
funk_p0tter_
19:50 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well it appears to me somewhat perplexing why commentators, pundits and analysts are rationalising such inadequate British performances.

This was conspicuously displayed in the aquatics centre last night, when BBC were justifying performances from the British side which were quite frankly poor as 'Down to the high-quality opposition" and 'Because ___ is very young".

These justifications were also evident during the synchronized diving yesterday afternoon when Tom Daley and his partner supposedly "did the nation proud with a 4th".

I am optimistic in saying that Britain's medal drought is not set to continue, however I do believe that any gold medals we are to gain won't be distributed across events; Britain's main source of gold medals will be rowing, track cycling and sailing.

As to athletics, well... Britain's main hopes are on Mo Farah's 5000m / 10000m and Jessica Ennis' heptathlon.

Yet, 3 potential gold medals isn't good enough across the whole range of the athletics events.

Athletes like Mo Farah and Paula Radcliffe have diverted the attention away from a massive decline in Britian's distance running (1500m - Marathon / 50000m speedwalk), and British sprinters medal hopes have been shattered by the ever increasing quality of jamaican and American sprinters.

British media I feel forget such athletes like Robbie Garabarz, Holly Bleasdale and Chris Tomlinson whom all can achieve gold in their respective athletics events.
funk_p0tter_
funk_p0tter_
19:54 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I feel Britain may achieve up to 15 golds, however media is required to be more open about British talent, and critisize when necessary - this can only assist the development of our athletes, and give the opportunity for some of our future prospects the chance to go into the limelight.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:02 Wed 1 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
First gold medal

Well done ladies in the boat :3
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:27 Wed 1 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
and now 2nd

up to 10th in medal table!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:52 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Still raging at Japan for the theft in the men's gymnastics
fry06
fry06
02:58 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
what do we make of the badminton deliberate losing
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
07:35 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They got disqualified, proper order. Haven't got to see the actual footage of the matches, but it looks like they made a total farce of the game. Seems there are deeper problems in the sport too.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

London Olympics

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.