FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:08 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
if both teams refused i would offer it to Mouseketeers or Underdogs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:11 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally no teams should have byes wouldn't it be nice for the more established teams to help the newer teams by playing the games?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:14 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Wow Matty actually said something constructive for a change
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:35 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
technically you could draw the 2 BYES together for that extra game? solves the issue of byes then but at same time Jay has asked the captains
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:14 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Plus our players hate friendlies lol
Looks like it's going to Angry lot
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:53 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Jay, both fixtures have 1 bye don't they?
Just put those two byes together to make their second fixture.

If there are 11 teams:

1 vs 2
3 vs 4
5 vs 6
7 vs 8
9 vs 10
Bye 11

1 vs 3
2 vs 4
5 vs 7
6 vs 8
9 vs 11
Bye 10

Then put 10 vs 11. That gives everyone two games.
If that doesn't work, then we don't care whether we get the bye or not. Sure.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:51 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea seb^

lol na all credit goes to dgen, he said it first! aha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Angries are easy about having a bye or not, whatever you decide with Snookerererers and Jimmy is ok with us
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:34 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll have a look and see if i can get it to work if i can't then im taking Sebs post as saying they would accept the bye. Thanks for answering the question as fast as possible though, i will release the games later on so people can see who they will be playing and what not.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:42 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I am also going to work on some of the rule changes in the FCL today as i said before i will post these changes and put them in bold so you know that they are new or just re worded.

Transfer deadline is tomorrow night, after midnight if a player wishes to leave a clan and join another one then they can do so but they will be using there one free move for that season. Example below.

Bluenose1872 is in Professionals and decides to move to Team Angry. That is my one free move, i can not move to another clan this season but i can move back to Professionals if i want as that is the team i left in the first place.

If a player is wrongly removed for a non valid reason by a captain and that player comes to myself then i MAY allow another move (This must be proved though, it has only ever been proved once in the 3 - 4 seasons i have been a runner)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:41 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
These are the Pre Season games for everyone to see just now, they are going to be put on the new website shortly (new website will also be released shortly), going by the schedule I will be asking for teamsheets on the 27th September. FBL ones to follow soon

Pre Season

Uprising vs Ninja Warriors
The Sinners vs Underdogs
The Professionals vs Mouseketeers
Inpossibles vs Fighting Eagles
The Legend Killers vs Team Angry
The Sinners vs Inpossibles
The Professionals vs Snooker Squad
The Legend Killers vs Underdogs
Uprising vs Mouseketeers
Fighting Eagles vs Ninja Warriors
Snooker Squad vs Team Angry

Edited at 14:09 Sat 22/09/12 (BST)
w_hoolahan
w_hoolahan
17:07 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
how does that work?, uprising have ninja warriors twice..repeated.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:09 Sat 22 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Was a typo and has been rectified.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:31 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
League Rule Changes

1.12 Player account requirements
All players entering the League must have an account that is at least two months old before they can be officially registered in a clan. They are then eligible to play upon release of the next fixture(s).

A player must complete two league seasons before they form a clan and want to play in the league, same rule applies to the vice captain position which is reduced to one league season.

3.3 Shot time limit
All games must be played with a shot time limit of 20 seconds. Shot time limit can be increased if both players agree to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in bold is things that have been implemented or changed in the FCL rules. I have gone back through most of the league discussion thread to find the topics that were spoken about so i could change some rules, if i have missed anything that is not on the above then please contact me as soon as possible.

Please note that these changes take affect as soon as the league officially starts (First league fixture) so any player that is under the two month rule or the captain and vice rule those won't apply to you at all.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:38 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Also be aware that i am 80% commited to a possible one division league in this season coming. I don't think the league can work properly (it can work but just be un even throughout) at least this way you are against an even number of clans if all pass the pre season games.

If eleven clans play in the one division then each clan will play ten games, two games a fixture set (sometimes three as of the cup) so the league would have five fixtures sets in total, a possible six as the cup final is usually the last game of the season.

Would you guys want this done that way? The league would be running for 10 - 12 weeks (three months or less) if you played each other once, i know some people want a larger league and would like to play each other twice but that would make the league last 20 - 22 weeks (five months, possibly six).

I think most of you want to play eachother once and that is what i would and want to go for but i thought i might as well ask anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The league has always been split 5 top division and 6 in the second if we have odd numbers and has always worked fine so why change it now?
All you are going to do is encourage more clans to fold every season and for no good reason...also give teams nothing to play for apart from the top 2.
1 league would be crap and ripping up the most successful leagues basic principles of having to start new clans in the second is a big mistake.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:51 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
How many times have you said it was down to numbers and if there was more than ten it would be 2 divisions?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:54 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
How many times? who cares on the times i or any other person had said something. If i think it is best for the league i will do it and the majority wanted the one division anyway. I am still waiting to see how many teams actually make it into the league. My biggest concern right now is the rules so i would like to keep on top of that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:58 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
How do you work out the majority wanted it? Because people haven't been posting on here about it! People in new clans want it naturally to suit them. Why say things then if you aren't going to stick to it?
The vast majority said if there was more than 10 teams it should stay 2 divisions actually Jay and there is no need to change the most popular league by far now but you still want to anyway.

Think that if a clan folds after the half way point in a season then their results for the first half should still count too.
Yeah, if they've played all teams at least once, then there's no need to remove them.

Anything happen with that one?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:02 Sun 23 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with ipotalot, 2 divisions makes more sense to me
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.