FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13738
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:32 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't like the win bonus as it is, 20 is FAR too high as once a clan wins what is the point in trying?

So that the team with the best overall win record has the best chance of winning the league. Thats why it came in in the first place.

7 wins and a loss ordinarily beats 6 wins a draw and a loss.
horse10000
horse10000
21:34 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The stats indicate from average won frames per matches played that all are pretty close. Snooker Squad is the best ahead of The Professionals and then The Sinners. All are slightly over 9 frames per game.

On that basis 9 would be fairer maximum default scores for the teams totally not at fault - and obviously not necessarily 6 for a team/player making no effort.

Maybe calculate maximum winning default scores on that basis as you go along. That way all clan members that have played are contributing to the calculation too by pushing up the maximum or lowering it down depending on their results?

it hasn't decided the league though, Professionals won the league with a game to spare.

How have you worked that one out?

Your stats above show exactly how default scores have decided the outcome.

so we only lost one fixture as well and beat Sinners

But like The Professionals, Snooker Squad also drew one and The Sinners didnt.

Have to say the 20 point win bonus was brought in for these exact situations too.

Professionals 664 (Games Complete) Extra 65 in bonus
Snooker Squad 654 (Games Complete) Extra 65 in bonus
Sinners 628 (1 game to go to default win bonus not included) Extra 80 in bonus

Professionals 729
Snooker Squad 719
Sinners 708 (1 game to go to default)

The extra bonus points would not effect the outcome in this case, the league outcome would have been the same
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:35 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The stats indicate from average won frames per matches played that all are pretty close. Snooker Squad is the best ahead of The Professionals and then The Sinners. All are slightly over 9 frames per game.

On that basis 9 would be fairer maximum default scores for the teams totally not at fault - and obviously not necessarily 6 for a team/player making no effort.

Maybe calculate maximum winning default scores on that basis as you go along. That way all clan members that have played are contributing to the calculation too by pushing up the maximum or lowering it down depending on their results?

so for example in this fixture we had a guy on each day trying to play a game and the opponent subbed in a guy who had PC problems, then subbed in a guy on deadline day who messaged once and didn't come back online.

how would you do that default? anything other than 14-1 (or 5-1 under horse's new format) or higher would be absurd
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:38 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't like the win bonus as it is, 20 is FAR too high as once a clan wins what is the point in trying?

So that the team with the best overall win record has the best chance of winning the league. Thats why it came in in the first place.

7 wins and a loss ordinarily beats 6 wins a draw and a loss.

haven't answered my question though, if a team is losing badly lets say 70-20 then what is the point of the losing team trying? at least with 10 bonus the team may stand a chance.

The completion bonus however would provide an incentive (maybe 10 if you raise win bonus, 5 if not) to complete the games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:38 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i know this sounds stupid but why not have 2 leagues (or two divisions), 1st league is only for reliable clans who have proven themselves to be trustworthy in the league with few defaults (runners decision if to allow new clans into that list). Those who have alot of defaults (runners decision) they are demoted into league two which would be full of new clans, the downside is if they are only a few in the second league.

I was actually thinking the same thing tbh. That way, your Uprising, Professionals, Snooker Squad and Sinners can play freely with a low risk of defaults, and your mish mash clans like us can battle it out on the default panel lmao
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:40 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i know this sounds stupid but why not have 2 leagues (or two divisions), 1st league is only for reliable clans who have proven themselves to be trustworthy in the league with few defaults (runners decision if to allow new clans into that list). Those who have alot of defaults (runners decision) they are demoted into league two which would be full of new clans, the downside is if they are only a few in the second league.

I was actually thinking the same thing tbh. That way, your Uprising, Professionals, Snooker Squad and Sinners can play freely with a low risk of defaults, and your mish mash clans like us can battle it out on the default panel lmao

play each other 3 times?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:43 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah James lol. Keith's idea about the 9 clans is a very good one tbh. And, I totally agree on where we lie. Yes we've been hitting friendlies hard (3 completed, 3 won), but it is our 3rd go at it. I'm not Mr Reliable we all know that, but this time I've got determination and I've proven myself that I can behave...so far.

Which 9 clans would you keep??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:44 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Professionals 729
Snooker Squad 719

The extra bonus points would not effect the outcome in this case, the league outcome would have been the same

I dont make it those figures ^^^

The Professionals 555 won plus 27 default (3 x 9) plus 130 bonus = 712

Snooker Squad 575 won plus 9 default plus 130 bonus = 714

The Sinners 568 won plus 9 default (obviously thats an assumption as I dont know the full details for the unplayed game) plus 140 bonus = 717

Havent checked that in detail though
horse10000
horse10000
21:46 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Professionals 729
Snooker Squad 719

I dont make it those figures ^^^

The Professionals 555 won plus 27 default (3 x 9) plus 130 bonus = 712

Snooker Squad 575 won plus 9 default plus 130 bonus = 714

The Sinners 568 won plus 9 default plus 140 bonus = 717

Havent checked that in detail though

That's because you have changed your defaults to 9 for all not as they stand currently which they would be if you used 20 points for a win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:48 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If it is 12 clans in then it MUST be split into 2 divisions surely?

Clans In

- The Professionals
- Mouseketeers
- Vipers
- Chips n' Gravy
- Unbeatables
- Elite Force
- Underdogs
- Uprising
- Snooker Squad
- Legend Killers
- The Sinners
- Fighting Eagles

Therefore in my opinion

Div 1

Professionals
Snooker Squad
Sinners
Uprising
Fighting Eagles
Mouseketeers

Div 2

Chips n Gravy
Elite Force
Unbeatables
Legend Killers
Underdogs
Vipers

Opinions are welcome
horse10000
horse10000
21:49 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If it is 12 clans in then it MUST be split into 2 divisions surely?

Clans In

- The Professionals
- Mouseketeers
- Vipers
- Chips n' Gravy
- Unbeatables
- Elite Force
- Underdogs
- Uprising
- Snooker Squad
- Legend Killers
- The Sinners
- Fighting Eagles

Therefore in my opinion

Div 1

Professionals
Snooker Squad
Sinners
Uprising
Fighting Eagles
Mouseketeers

Div 2

Chips n Gravy
Elite Force
Unbeatables
Legend Killers
Underdogs
Vipers

Opinions are welcome

My opinion is we should never have 12 clans ever as the number of active players does not allow it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:50 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I know I'm just saying if it was unavoidable lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:50 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ewww no eagles
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:51 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If it was down to 9 then Chips n Gravy would be for the noose, 3rd time lucky??? LOL
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's because you have changed your defaults to 9 for all not as they stand currently which they would be if you used 20 points for a win

Yep thats because the reasoning for changing the maximum available score doesnt change.

9 is based on something at least partly factual whereas 15's and the like certainly has no basis in stats, historic scoring records or anything else. Thats the reason for starting the whole discussion in the first place in that the 15's and 14's awarded has affected third party clans who can do nothing about it.

Maybe alternatively the maximum available default is based on the average scores from the other played games in that particular match?

Edited at 19:57 Mon 31/12/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:55 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
and where that leave vipers we allways been reliable so i confused why u want to cap league mind u ledgend killers i can understand sorry sniper but not best team
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:57 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
only way to solve it would be to remove the clans causing the defaults from the league in the new season, they would be Eagles and Ninja (folding), the rest would be fine.

I just don't think punishing the clans who deserve the default points would work either, yeah it would bring the competition closer which i like but raising the win bonus would be clans winning with a fixture to spare.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:57 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
and where that leave vipers we allways been reliable so i confused why u want to cap league mind u ledgend killers i can understand sorry sniper but not best team

Agreed on both parts. Our friendly was played quickly and effectively, Sniper's was terrible.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:59 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
snipers always had a poor team, at the moment he is trying to run a clan only using a phone so i must give credit on that one but not really suitable for the leagues.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
legend killers never made a season yet i think.

But u say 9 teams cause of players then reduce players to 14 then u got extra for teams.
Pages: 13738
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.