FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19293
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:11 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would stop the top teams thumping the bottom teams every set, can make it the same length by playing each other twice.

Obviously you get new clans straight into div 2 but after a season they go if they are a top team. So would not be as poop for the lower teams that way and more of a contest for them.
But we already know from past experience that there's almost always going to be a very good clan in Div 2 because they're new. So the teams still get thumped lol.

Also, with 1 division the bottom clans would only get thumped in about 3 or 4 fixtures out of 10, when they play the good teams. They're still playing other clans as well.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:51 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you dont want to join the season because you wont get points for LOSING then that is fair enough, that would also mean you don't want to join the FBL then. Not going to get held to ransom by a team because i won't implement an idea which i think is stupid.

Two divisions is an idea but i think many like the play everyone once thing now. If we have 16 clans at one point then two divisions would more than likely be done. Two divisions with un-even numbers is annoying.
punkpoet
punkpoet
00:12 Sat 7 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just looking and they the table hant been updated but pds have completed the last game.
We won 3 drew 1 but bms only won 2 but are 2 places higher than us. One of the teams we beat were bms yet they are 2 places above us?
Maybe a change to the points could be in need?
when similar happened in FBL at the top of the table there was a big thing made about it. Yet i suppose as its towards the bottom it doesnt matter in most folks minds?
I know this will get ignored or mocked as all my posts do on here but oh well something to do during the england moldova game lol.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:18 Sat 7 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sets are only updated to the league table when all games have been played by all teams or the deadline is over (unless there is defaults it can take a few days). Everyone knows this.

Your place on the table is determined by the points you have accumulated through the season and then bonuses on top of that.

Looking at the table BM have been far more superior in the frames they have won, they have also played one game more game than most and don't have a game in this set.
punkpoet
punkpoet
00:27 Sat 7 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I am aware, if you read my post you'd see that we had played our last game. Thought it was obvious that I did the maths ;).
Not complaining just saying we won more so in most minds we were stronger.
Laughed at your far more superior in frames comment lol.
Could say a few things but don't want to start a silly clan argument.
As its the discussion thread I was just bringing it up.
If you and the rest don't want to change it for next season cool beans.
Starting to think whatever I suggest gets shot down regardless of what I say lmao.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:46 Sat 7 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Edited as spoke on facebook

Edited at 21:59 Fri 06/09/13 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:31 Sat 7 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
"cant run a clan on 9 players i feel "

Seb is one of the most experienced captains on this site to date, he knows what he is doing and if it is becoming a struggle then he should know to message me as i would rather bend a rule so a clan would not fold.

I await the biased comments now about a rule bend despite the fact it could save a clan and possibly a second to see out this season.

also (without the risk of causing another argument (not for Jay as he defended our clan)) i believe jooodles ran Vikings with 8 or 9 players so it can be done.

Also we won't be folding (for all those wondering). We have ran clans for years and will keep going until me and seb are no longer able to sign snooker players
punkpoet
punkpoet
00:12 Sun 8 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We had a couple fixtures where we had 9 or 10 and had one of the lowest defaults this season (o in fcl 1 in fbl) As long as you have 8 generally active you should be fine.
Though could do with some more.
Dont poach off us though lol
horse10000
horse10000
04:23 Mon 9 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Even with the 20 point bonus for winning that has been introduced to try and stop one clan who wins all their games winning the league and not ending up second. If UT had beat professionals 61-59 in that game, professionals would have still pipped UT to the title so even with a 20 point bonus it is not guaranteed just a lot less likely, so please do not reduce it whatever happens
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
06:50 Mon 9 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Even with the 20 point bonus for winning that has been introduced to try and stop one clan who wins all their games winning the league and not ending up second. If UT had beat professionals 61-59 in that game, professionals would have still pipped UT to the title so even with a 20 point bonus it is not guaranteed just a lot less likely, so please do not reduce it whatever happens

Keith i have no intention of reducing it, said it to others a few times but they seem to be deaf
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:14 Mon 9 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey thanks for running the league this season. Think its the lowest number of defaults as well so well done all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:17 Mon 9 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey thanks for running the league this season. Think its the lowest number of defaults as well so well done all.

Krreeeeeeep!!!! lol...(joke Zac)
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:20 Mon 9 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol expected that sooner or later. Felt it should be said so....
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:10 Tue 10 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding the individual league, i have decided that it will be a trial period for it (due to past games not getting done) So for that reason it is going to be 16 places in each type and you can only join the one type. (This will change in season 22 if it is a success)

This being said i have worked out that there is going to be four stages. Group, Quarters, Semi and then the final. This works out in favour if the league can have five fixture sets or possibly even six.

If the league has five/six sets then i am going to make the group stage either three or four weeks deadline as it will be larger and you will have a few games to play in it. More to come soon with formats and stuff.
punkpoet
punkpoet
17:10 Sat 14 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Jay will straight be included? Fancy having a go at the invids but as most know I do love straight pool.

Also can we start the league nowwwww. Im bored lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:19 Sat 14 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I do have an idea for Jay if his idea doesn't work (hope it does though).

How about sort of like a World Cup in each type. Have 5 or 6 players, 2 groups so that is 12 players.

Top 4 of each advance to Quarter Finals.

Or 4 groups of 4 in each if your sticking with 16 players in each.

Top 2 of each advance to Quarter Finals.

about 3-4 weeks to play those.

then knockouts which could be 1 or 2 weeks per game depending on the schedule

Frames for Group Stage could be 6 so draws are allowed then Best of 7, 9, 11 or something for knockouts
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:21 Sat 14 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Jay will straight be included? Fancy having a go at the invids but as most know I do love straight pool.

Also can we start the league nowwwww. Im bored lol

No it won't be included as it has never been a game type that is in FCL. Although i am sure Jema wants to do a similar thing with the FBL and more than likely straight will be there.

I am hoping to start the sign ups on this tomorrow maybe.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:18 Tue 17 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Good to see all the individual leagues filling up in 1 day, looking forward to the format. I think it will be a lot better this way than previous seasons
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:27 Tue 17 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah only problem is mate, i ain't had much time to try and think of a decent format yet. I have drawn up all the groups now and will probably have them on website sometime in the next few days i hope. Thanks to chisisidovev for helping choose the random numbers allocated to the players.

I will say this GROUP D (Death) has claimed two groups of death from my point of view. Should be very interesting.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:42 Tue 17 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah only problem is mate, i ain't had much time to try and think of a decent format yet. I have drawn up all the groups now and will probably have them on website sometime in the next few days i hope. Thanks to chisisidovev for helping choose the random numbers allocated to the players.

I will say this GROUP D (Death) has claimed two groups of death from my point of view. Should be very interesting.

It's no problem baby lol

I agree with the death groups, will be interesting to see the outcome, gonna be some tight games
Pages: 19293
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.