Tournaments - the lack of

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:56 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
why is there hardly any tournaments durin the day this week???

totally rubbish,fair enough some ppl may have exams(may have finished,not sure)

but it still no excuse,get mods and admins that can do tourneys during the day,makes sense dont it.......

i know there would be ALOT of willing and able ppl ready to do it,but still nothing done bout it

rant over
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:02 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds gud to me, and why start the afternoon tourney at 4, you can see loads of people loggin off at about 5pm as they leave work....

done it myself many a time, start it at 3 or half 3, it'll give a much farer tourney result..

don't just carer for the schools comming out..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:04 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
exams finish at the end of this week so mods/admins will be on more often. im sure they try there best to what they can on this site but i suppose revision and exams need to be out of the way too. its quite an important time for some of them. as nicknax says, he will be on more after this week and i suppose many others would be too.

Edited at 10:05 Wed 22/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:11 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh i see what ur saying farren,but why have mods and admins of a young age,when they are tied to being online before 9 and after 3 o clock........

not sayin you should demote them or anything as major as that

we need mods of all ages and all different times of life ppl can be on

ive noticed the australian contingent of this game is growing,cud one of them not be a mod.......

admins need to space mods criteria out so they can get the most out of this site

criteria = age(in skool) job(night shift or a job that easy to skive durin day,like mine nd potterdiles lol)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:20 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i just think that people should be a little patient. there is always at least one torny a day. this is just my opinion, but im sure mods do try there best and will be on often after this week. also they deserve a lot of credit for what we get at current :-b
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:30 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh but i just dont unda stand y ppl should be patiant when ther is a very easy alternative to fix the problem(get a few more mods of a older age and and who work or are unemployed)

i give mods and admins alot of respect for what they do for us and i am not disagreeing they try their best

you got to agree with me though?it would make your lives MUCH easier as u wudnt have to hear the grief everyday i.e. like this thread
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:26 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
check the torn page. there are loads of upcoming torns.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:17 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah, sorry. Had a moan abuot the upcoming list. Should be kept more updated now. (Moderators agreed... except soz***)

I agree with you, we could do with a 30 year old, but nowadays, many users are of a young age.

I'm hosting again from friday btw.

*** - midnight tournaments probably won't be listed tournament list, as they're not always guaranteed to happen - if the moderators don't turn up.

Edited at 12:22 Wed 22/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:31 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yes good idea, i can see it from that point of view. hope your exams went well nicknax :-D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:56 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
As i'm on a family computer i can't be sure of when i can get online, thats why i don't put the tournaments as upcoming, if i am online i get about 20 people asking me to host a tourny!! If it's a suitable time for one and i'm certain that i can stay online for that long then i host one, sorry for the inconvinience of this but its the only way that i can host tournys.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:57 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
an btw i've bin doin exams aswell lol i've still bin hosting!!! so dont moan at me for not helping out wiv it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:01 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
have you finished your exams now squeezy, if so i hope you did well (hope i did too). i just think that it must be hard arranging to host a torny that you have to be certian that you can be on at that time. however may not due to last minute disstractions or in squeezys case, not being allowed on computer because other people might be on

Edited at 13:02 Wed 22/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:17 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
doesnt even need to be a 30 year old nicknax....

just somebody that is on durin the day,every day

i aint moaning or anything about tourneys being cancellled or not shown until last minute,gotta live with that

farren ur sayin theres tonnes of tourneys upcomin,yeh ther is,but have a look at how many are durin the day???

i havnt got net at home,so i cant play in the evening events....

i stay behind at work at nite 2 play the rest of the 4pm tourney to c if i win

then sometimes i come on at 4 nd ther aint a tourney,its just annoyin
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:27 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yes i see what you mean. i usually take part in morning torns because im usually on between 10-3 (not all at once). and i agree that it doent need to be a 30 year old, just someone whos organisation is reliable.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:07 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
come on then admin nicknax,get it sorted dude

lol

evilhamster <<<<<<<<<<< passes the buck
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:51 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
personally i think that the amount of tournaments is already too high and that there should be a maximum of 7 per week, means that more ppl would enter each one an winning one would be harder an worth more
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:04 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, fair enough but i dont think users would like that!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:50 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i dont think more ppl would play in them

ther would be the same amount as i play in every single tourney i possibly can,no matter how many there is

doesnt put me off ther being lots of them

id rather play in tournies than normally anyway
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tournaments - the lack of

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.