The Clan League - News and Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:03 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think you should remove GB's and not include 7 ballings but leave it with just runouts.

GB's are flukes really, you can do the same break 100 times in 9US and only get 1 GB or you could get 26, it is pure luck.

I do think that bonus points should be rewarding skill, like runouts, they are possible even for the lesser player.

Losing a frame to a GB is bad enough, don't give extra points for a pure fluke.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:09 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
what about half a point not as damaging then as you lose 0.5 unless its 9 ball where its a runout anyway
horse10000
horse10000
00:10 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most players who play Funkypool are aware that their are certain breaks that you can play which increase your chance for a gb. It does not mean that all players then choose to play that break.

As on the other hand there are certain breaks which are better to increase your chance for a run out. Again it is up to the player if they choose to use that type.

Neither option is guaranteed and both options require a certain element of luck for them to occur.

Players who execute gb's or run out's more frequently are able to execute one or the other at a higher ratios than other players on here which means they must have a certain level of skill and a certain element of luck in both.

And for anyone who says there is no skill in gb's if you smash the pack randomly 100 times and you try again with one of the breaks that can make a gb take place, any player who knows the break will score more gb's with the second option which again means that there is a level of skill to execute a gb.
the__priest
the__priest
00:15 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
FSL worked really well, with gbs and run outs

why shouldnt it be any differaent to fbl and fcl, surely the idea of the league is to be differant.

i no players who have rubbish ranks and golden break or run out for fun in 9 ball, and are rubbish at uk

isnt this a way they may claw points back, it shouldnt be a negative, take the clouds away and let the sunshine
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am not playing in the leagues, I am just making an impartial opinion.

GB's take away a whole frame in 1 single shot, not only do you lose a frame but you give away a whole extra point without even playing, just seems a little unfair.

Yes the SL worked well as a mini league but with more frames and chances at stake you could lose a lot more.
horse10000
horse10000
00:26 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
GB's take away a whole frame in 1 single shot, not only do you lose a frame but you give away a whole extra point without even playing, just seems a little unfair.

This is no different from a run out as in neither game do you get a shot.

Yes the SL worked well as a mini league but with more frames and chances at stake you could lose a lot more.

With more frames you have more chance of pulling it back in FSL with the short format it would hurt a lot more than on a longer format in the overall match context.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:32 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
GBs are over in ONE shot I said, runouts are alot harder and I would rather lose to someone playing with skill than a fluke.

But let's not get into a debate as we clearly are not going to agree.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:35 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
A true reflection of skill is the fcl

Yep thanks matty. Just a shame I didn't copyright it

Not that I couldn't improve it still further.
horse10000
horse10000
00:37 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Yeh should have copyrighted it when you created it, then again maybe as you created it you should ask jay to stop copying your format
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:41 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Take digs at me all you want... not copied anything though

I like the GB bonus thing like i mentioned before, and support this league as i like it, pity others don't do the same with others.

Edited at 22:47 Fri 11/01/13 (GMT)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:50 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most players who play Funkypool are aware that their are certain breaks that you can play which increase your chance for a gb. It does not mean that all players then choose to play that break.

As on the other hand there are certain breaks which are better to increase your chance for a run out. Again it is up to the player if they choose to use that type.

Neither option is guaranteed and both options require a certain element of luck for them to occur.

Players who execute gb's or run out's more frequently are able to execute one or the other at a higher ratios than other players on here which means they must have a certain level of skill and a certain element of luck in both.

And for anyone who says there is no skill in gb's if you smash the pack randomly 100 times and you try again with one of the breaks that can make a gb take place, any player who knows the break will score more gb's with the second option which again means that there is a level of skill to execute a gb.

Totally agree with this.
horse10000
horse10000
00:50 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Take digs at me all you want... not copied anything though

I like the GB bonus thing like i mentioned before, and support this league as i like it, pity others don't do the same with others.

Edited at 22:47 Fri 11/01/13 (GMT)

You have inherited the FCL format which probably most on here are not aware where the format initially started from. The fact is that chris was the player who came up with it a good few years ago now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:51 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
it not a compition of which league better it about making it more fun for clans and players fed up with petty bickering and diigs everyone just get along and meh pointless
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:52 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I inherited nothing, i took over when the format was like this, not denying what Chris done either but why say i copied something when i didn't that is what i pointed.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:53 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
it not a compition of which league better it about making it more fun for clans and players fed up with petty bickering and diigs everyone just get along and meh pointless

I'll think you will find it is mate as it has been said by a runner of this league themself, i won't name names but it has been said better league runner and better league basically.

Im not going to discuss that any further though as their is no point. So ill end it there.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

I'll think you will find it is mate as it has been said by a runner of this league themself, i won't name names but it has been said better league runner and better league basically.

Im not going to discuss that any further though as their is no point. So ill end it there.

then rise above and prove wrong
horse10000
horse10000
00:55 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The clan league sign up

Professionals (provisionally)
Chips n Gravy
Vipers
Elite force
Fighting Eagles
The Sinners
Uprising
Underdogs
Unbeatables
Snooker Squad
Dark Destroyers
mouseketeers

To bring this back to the League launch. I think the above is the latest list of entrants.

Please can you send your team lists to me when you have them so that provisionally the league will be able to commence on Sunday January 20th.

Bump
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:56 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Keith, has a point in a way, Jay did get handed the FCL but it has been handed from league runner to league runner, it is not like he just stole it. To say that he copied is not true, if Chris wanted the FCL so much he would not have let it go. I understand that the staff wanted the actual FCL league but having not got it seems to have left a bitter taste in their mouth?

Just saying how I see it.

And Kenny, yes, it does appear to be a competition as admitted by one of the staff, I would say straight from the horses mouth but that would implicate Keith lol and it was not him.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:56 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't need to prove anything to anyone, ill just run the league like im sure they want to do also. There has been some mutual respect about regarding the schedules and what not anyway which was the main worry with the three leagues and this one being made so soon. I think it is sorted though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:57 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Yeh should have copyrighted it when you created it, then again maybe as you created it you should ask jay to stop copying your format

Btw I'm not slating this league and I'm not saying I doesnt look good because it does I was just stating a couple of opinions I had for league runners to take on board i don't expect changes at least not before a season is tested and tried and I fully respect chris with the way you ran the sl the past two seasons no defaults is pretty awesome, I don't want the runners of this league to think that I have a vendetta against it as I don't I actually really like the format set up apart from gbs lol that's my own little problem with gbs in general :-)
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Clan League - News and Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.