TORCH browser

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:47 Fri 15 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Has anyone used this browser before ?

Thought i would ask first as i came across it as a advertisement on page and have never heard of it before but it seems to have a few gadgets up its sleeve.

http://www.torchbrowser.com
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Fri 15 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It looks very good, i just don't know weather to download it because iv never heard of it, i will wait for someones feedback on here, if it's good ill download it if its bad then nooo
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
12:07 Sat 16 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just downloaded it and had a quick look at it. All it is, is Google Chrome with a few added features such as torrenting. It's based off of the Chromium source code, you can still use the chrome store and everything else you would like to on Google Chrome itself.
Short review from CNET in the spoiler
CNET said:
An all-in-one Web browser is nothing to sneeze at, but Torch Browser isn't going to pry you away from Chrome or Firefox. While it has options that make sharing and social media a breeze, Torch Browser just isn't unique enough to win people's hearts. It lags in performance and its major features aren't worth making the switch...Torch Browser tries to carve out its niche by being an all-in-one Web browser... However, it doesn't do any of those things well enough to replace what you currently use. Once you get over the novelty, it becomes obvious that Torch Browser isn't that powerful as a Web portal. It's noticeably slower than other browsers and it doesn't have the same sort of add-on support. The layout is just a rip-off of the open-canvas setup of other, more popular browsers. None of this is to say that using it is all a bad experience. Torch Browser still runs circles around Internet Explorer and would be a major upgrade there...While not a threat to Firefox or Chrome, Torch Browser is easy enough to use and might just impress Internet Explorer users. Heavy downloaders might enjoy the torrent downloader and media player that come with it, too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:20 Sat 16 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah i watched their video yesterday it looked very good but then i loaded it up and it was very, very slow so i got rid
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:42 Sun 17 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah have downloaded myself and won't be using as my main browser ( keeps asking do u want this video etc ), will keep on my pc for now might look into the torrent side at some point as some clients are very slow and have been made aware that this can download at over 3 MB/PS which is very fast.(obvs ure own speed applies).
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

TORCH browser

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.