name the greatest ever straight player ever

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:57 Sun 2 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
lol I didn't say he was crap. I'm just saying that anyone who is not on their first account doesn't have accurate stats.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:14 Sun 2 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
lol I didn't say he was crap. I'm just saying that anyone who is not on their first account doesn't have accurate stats.

or reset.

Same could be said for tournaments as you could look at mine and say "oh 1 tournament win" but ive only been in 1 Final and only entered about 3-5 times at the most.

some stats can be misleading but i think runs are the best indicator over rank and tournaments
rapid_pot
rapid_pot
22:30 Sun 2 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Someone on their first account could be deceptive too. I won my first 20 something games of straight on my first (and only) account with a lot of runs because I came over from snooker and straight is a lot easier than orig snooker. Take Seb too, it's his first account but he was ripping snooker apart before he came over here (as far as I know) so he also doesn't have the 'learning to play the game' period.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Sun 2 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
not sure why people are discussing this...

its between eemad and seb.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:08 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Highest Rankings
dvz 970.0
lordpool 957.0
_niall_ 935.0

ucyforit 933.2
eemad 933.0
beenjammin 931.5
chris 921.0
_marc_ 920.6
sadgland 919.7
potlimit 917.6

theres 6 players there that aint even had a mention. give them some credit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:48 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
here one more qc the best on this
lethal_lures
lethal_lures
13:09 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Highest Rankings
dvz 970.0
lordpool 957.0
_niall_ 935.0

ucyforit 933.2
eemad 933.0
beenjammin 931.5
chris 921.0
_marc_ 920.6
sadgland 919.7
potlimit 917.6

theres 6 players there that aint even had a mention. give them some credit

lordpool is a great player, don't take notice of his runs over 30 as he stops at 35 he doesn't continue his run. Unless he plays me and i tell him to keep going!

same goes for ucyforit, both these guys don't get a lot of mention because they rarely play the clan circuit i know lordpool isn't interested in that but yh awesome players.

Probably not the best straight player but he is still very very good, hes right up there in 8us and 9us tho
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
here one more to add cue_classic is the best straight pool
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:43 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you was to put a 60 second shot clock or higher on straight then i think ucyforit would be up the top in no time if he still played.

Most of those ranks on there are from the old rank when you didn't get any in tournaments though. I have played lordpool in 8US and won but sadly never played in any other type, nice bloke though to be fair.
_niall_
_niall_
17:53 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm in the same boat as lordpool in that I was never really bothered about high runs, when I played rank a few years back I would almost always stop at 35. Anyway I am nowhere near as good now as I was back then so I don't deserve a mention at all lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:45 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i only mention people who i have played and seen hit high runs frequently when ive been online (which isn't a lot).

not really seen those 6 play when ive been online.

chris once with a high run, sadgland/potlimit not sure but i don't think ive seen too many high runs.
its_me
its_me
21:44 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^^ i usually hit a solid 14 run?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:57 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
not good enough im afraid, you need to hit 60+ or close to it regularly to be a great straight player. Ive hit 7 30+ i think (+1 before nick implemented it) and i don't consider myself a good player as im inconsistent
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:11 Tue 4 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Someone on their first account could be deceptive too. I won my first 20 something games of straight on my first (and only) account with a lot of runs because I came over from snooker and straight is a lot easier than orig snooker. Take Seb too, it's his first account but he was ripping snooker apart before he came over here (as far as I know) so he also doesn't have the 'learning to play the game' period.
I don't know about ripping haha, I played here 2 months after I started on snooker...

but your main point is right. Although- considering how some people from snooker play here when they first come over, you'd think it's their first time! (imran)
rapid_pot
rapid_pot
02:46 Tue 4 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't know about ripping haha, I played here 2 months after I started on snooker...

but your main point is right. Although- considering how some people from snooker play here when they first come over, you'd think it's their first time! (imran)

Get into bad habits with cushion shots playing straight though, almost unmissable on here and then you go back to orig and rattle everything because you forget to bring them out into play. And I'm pretty sure I played you in the first month or so you were on snooker and you crushed me so I think 2 months is plenty of time to have learnt enough to kill straight over here!
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

name the greatest ever straight player ever

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.