Well Done Blackberry on making a unchargeable device

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:47 Sat 18 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The Joys of the Blackberry Playbook.

A Tablet to be proud of owning...........NOT !!!!

Allow the systems onboard batteries to drop below 2.8 volts and that is it the tablet is inoperable.

Why you ask ???

Well Blackberry decided that when you plug in your charger from the AC mains to charge the tablet the CPU draws power from the batteries.

A problem ?.........Hell yeah,.....Being as the system requires the CPU to be active to actually tell it to charge the batteries.

What a total farce of a tablet and how it passed quality control initially i have no idea :S

Draw power from dead batteries ? Surely they should have made it to draw the power from the AC mains initially like any other tablet, laptop or mobile phone untill it had enough to complete the charge.

Most stupid and waste of money apart from using slot machines in my day...

RIM need to address this quickly or the tablet will fail big time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:07 Sat 18 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Have tried the "Stack Charge" for over a week now and also have tried the "Jump Start" procedures....all to no avail.

If anyone here knows how to get it up and running apart from connecting it to a HUMER via it's batteries i would love to know
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:00 Sat 18 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
They are a waste of cash. Its a well put together tablet but the lack of support and the battery issues makes it almost useless. If you are looking for a superb tablet for cheap try to get your hands on an HP touchpad then root it and install cyanogen 10.
Can you send the playbook back as it is a known issue.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Sat 18 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hoping it can be sent back but i reckon they will maybe at best give me a reconditioned unit or if i am the lucky the 4G one which i doubt they will.

It's really a disgrace, wow u could even recharge a walkman back in the tape days lol
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Well Done Blackberry on making a unchargeable device

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.