The New PS4.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:26 Tue 11 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have not had the chance to see what is going on with this but im sure others have, I have a question or two about it though.

1. How much is it going to cost pre owned or not pre owned?

2. Can PS3 users still play with their friends online even if that friend has a PS4? (I have heard a lot of different stories on this one)

3. I have seen and heard that the controllers are different which i personally think is stupid (I mean in size and shape) is this true?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:28 Tue 11 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I know the new Call Of Duty is coming out on PS3 and PS4 and if question number two turns out that you can still play with friends then i probably won't get the PS4 at all.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
17:42 Tue 11 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
1. The PS4 has a price point of £349 in the UK. Obviously you can't get pre-owned if no one has a PS4, but a few months after the release the price normally decreases and people will start selling pre owned ones.
2. Can't find any relavent information that gives a clear answer. Some suggests being able to communicate with friends on PS3 but cannot play with them. Others suggest that cross platform playing will be down to the game developer as to whether they allow this. However this could lead to a loss in revenue if this happened and so this would be unlikely.
3. The PS4 controller has a similar shape to the PS3 controller however it has been made to make the gamer feel more involved with the game. It does look a little bit different...

From http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/ :
"The DualShock4 controller features new innovations to deliver more immersive gaming experiences, including a highly sensitive six-axis sensor as well as a touch pad located on the top of the controller which offers completely new ways to play and interact with games. The new Share button puts video streaming and sharing a tap away."

Posted Image
Posted Image
fry06
fry06
00:03 Wed 12 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Think i'll be getting a PS4.

Xbox1 didnt impress me at all, and PS4 looks decent.

Also PS4 £80 cheaper
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
02:00 Wed 12 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Think i'll be getting a PS4.

Xbox1 didnt impress me at all, and PS4 looks decent.

Also PS4 £80 cheaper

Yeah agree, but I've also read about the fact that you need playstation plus to play online, which has the potential to make the console more costly in the future. I will be keeping a close eye on the price of XBL and Playstation Plus. Besides this i think the fact that you can play second hand games on the PS4 without a licence fee like on XBL is brilliant. Found this video made by Sony, which mocks this:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The New PS4.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.