Real life killer

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

angry_bacon
angry_bacon
03:19 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just had the weirdest game/ruled killer I've ever seen. Was a 10man killer, everyone put 2quid in, so I expected it to be similar to funky killer, with the exception maybe of potting the black doesn't give you an extra life. I got down to the last 2, both on 1 life, and I played a decent thin pot, leaving all the other balls on one cushion with no pot on. So in most games he would of had to find a double/smash them up with the hopek of potting to stay in the game. But someone said to him if he missed I would have to pot to win. So he tapped the cue ball into the jaws of a pocket, losing his 3 lives and angling me on all balls. I expected to win the game from that shot, but apparently had to pot from there to win. I didn't pot from there so I expected it to be a sudden death between me and him from there.

All of a sudden everyone who played were back in the game, including the fella who lost 3 lives first (which happened to be the landlord, and went 'out' about 45 minutes before.) But 3 or 4 people had left by then, but 6 or 7 of us were still in the pub. So basically even though I'd won, we started all over again with a 6man killer.. hahahhaha. Anyone ever heard of them rules.. total joke
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:34 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just had the weirdest game/ruled killer I've ever seen. Was a 10man killer, everyone put 2quid in, so I expected it to be similar to funky killer, with the exception maybe of potting the black doesn't give you an extra life. I got down to the last 2, both on 1 life, and I played a decent thin pot, leaving all the other balls on one cushion with no pot on. So in most games he would of had to find a double/smash them up with the hopek of potting to stay in the game. But someone said to him if he missed I would have to pot to win. So he tapped the cue ball into the jaws of a pocket, losing his 3 lives and angling me on all balls. I expected to win the game from that shot, but apparently had to pot from there to win. I didn't pot from there so I expected it to be a sudden death between me and him from there.

All of a sudden everyone who played were back in the game, including the fella who lost 3 lives first (which happened to be the landlord, and went 'out' about 45 minutes before.) But 3 or 4 people had left by then, but 6 or 7 of us were still in the pub. So basically even though I'd won, we started all over again with a 6man killer.. hahahhaha. Anyone ever heard of them rules.. total joke

Yeh its the same in Cov, but depends on what pub your in. Game could go on forever as u can just keep snookering if you cant pot on last life. I think your right mate, should be the 2 players left to play sudden death a re-rack...(that's how we play)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:36 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I had an argument with a lad last week after I got two shots with the white down. I had a ball on the cush at the baulk end and assumed I could play behind the line as the 'D' was not there.
I was about to play my shot when he said to put it in the non-existent 'D' lol...wtf...just being awkward , but my fault for not checking the rules (and I beat him in 1 shot anyway lol)

Did you win on the 2nd game by the way pal?

Moderator:
Please refrain from swearing on the forum, thank you

Edited by forum moderator jooodles, at 15:12 Tue 02/07/13 (BST)
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
03:40 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nahh killer is killer.. you've got 3 lives.. you miss/foul 3 times you're out. Never mind going out and being able to come back in again an hour later. I could of phoned the guys that had gone home and were in bed or whatever and said 'you lost all your lives but you're still in the killer come back to the pub' hahahaha. What a joke, what's the point in having 3 lives when there's the possibility of having 3 more once you've gone out?
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
03:43 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I argued with 5 of them, nothing to do with the cash but the awful rules they played. We basically started again with a brand new 6 man killer. I didn't have the time to do that at midnight when the other one took well over an hour. Won't be playing killer with them again.
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
03:44 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Plus they could if given ne the benefit of the doubt after winning 3/3 of the league games before and basically winning us the match
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:48 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd have smashed the cue over the guy's head, took the money and legged it
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
03:56 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I nearly did, should of been 20quid in my pocket and a kebab for me and the missus on the way home and the pride of winning a 10man killer. But in its simplest terms I just said sod the 2quid and sod you and went home
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:12 Tue 2 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I've heard that if your both on one life and he misses you have to pot and If you don't then its sudden death.

But also when it's someone shot somebody shouldn't tell someone the rules they should ask questions and people can answer but never should someone be told during their shot.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Real life killer

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.