England: Ashes 2013

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:56 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Noticed that we had no Ashes threads at all, and it's quite a big event at the moment.
Do we have any cricket fans? Use this thread to put down any thoughts, predictions, favourite players, and who you think is the best at what.

For me I think Ian Bell has saved England at the moment with his fantastic batting and 2 cents. Jimmy Anderson needs no introduction as he's just a bowling maverick, and Kevin Pieterson needs to sort his life out as he's been rubbish.

Thoughts?
hippesville
hippesville
22:04 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah its the biggest pile of mad-dog poo sport ever seen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:26 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think KP is living off past glories and what a fabulous knock from the youngster Root today
cke1982
cke1982
14:19 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
amazing how we scream about players that arent even british eg trott,pieterson its getting a joke that if bale wernt welsh wed have him in are team a lot of english guys cant get in are sports teams as other natonalitys are deciding to play for england cause are own country players arent good enough
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:05 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think KP is living off past glories and what a fabulous knock from the youngster Root today

Precisely. He was good in 2005 but he's too inconsistent nowadays.
And yeah Root's been brilliant in this innings. Now hes bowling too lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:27 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Best player in ashes so far is Ian bell, rated him for years and is so consistent.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:12 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Roooooot Roooooot Roooooot!

Kid's been a legend in this Test.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
its not the ashes but who watches the pakistan tour in the west indies?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think KP will get a century in this series, he's been injured for a while, was very lucky to even be selected in my opinion. Now we are 2-0 up the nerves would have susbsided and I can only see the Team get better from now on, we will win the Ashes 5-0 that i'm sure.

This Aussy team apart from Clarke really don't have any players which can hurt us, okay Aston Agar great debut but that was a one-off (his 90 odd not his debut lol).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:19 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
its not the ashes but who watches the pakistan tour in the west indies?

Sorry mate but I couldnt care less about them.

And yeah, totally agree Ash. Michael Clarke has it tough as its a very below average team for Australia's standard. We've got too many players playing well, Swann, Bell, Root, Anderson. Then we've great players that are under performing like Cook and KP. The next test is the biggie
baff
baff
Admin
17:20 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Clarke having it tough is not only due to the relative weakness of the current Australian team, but also due to his own making.

He seems completely incompetent with regards to DRS and how / when to use it. Also, his performance with the bat leaves a lot to be desired, whereas he should be leading the way.

Having said all that, as an Englishman who grew up at the tail end of Lillee / Thompson, lived through the destructive batting of AB, the Waugh twins, messrs Warne, Macgrath et al with series defeat after defeat, I am quite happy with the predicament the Aussies find themselves in. It is a unique experience for a whole genereation of cricketers! lol
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

England: Ashes 2013

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.