FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:03 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The leagues are hosted by the site. The site is used to facilitate the arranging, and playing, of the league games. Therefore the leagues must be subject to the same general rules on behaviour and fairness as the site in general. That is an accepted principle amongst those that run this site at the highest level.

The fact the league is hosted by the site is irrelevant, The power lies with the Clan Runner whether to ban someone or not.

As for example on snooker, we have a code of conduct which we can punish those who abuse other members, concede frames, multiple defaults etc.

COC: http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/90-code-of-conduct.html

We also have a list of those who have broken the rules

Defaulters: http://funkysnookerclanleague.freeforums.org/list-of-defaulters-conceders-etc-t198.html

Sometimes it maybe harsh but two bans in 12 seasons is pretty good going and at the time they deserved it due to severe in game abuse.

In most cases we just give them a friendly reminder as they don't realise we have the code of conduct. For those severe abusers we would give them a warning or a suspension depending on the severity of the crime
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:06 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding the Runner, Jay handed it over to Pirate and Matty so i believe they should run it unless they choose to have help or hand it to someone else.

By the way if you want my snooker table, pirate_steve. Make a google account and let me know so chris can send you a copy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:14 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Why not have matty and steve run fcl like arranged and not have chris muscling in to everything? Has his own league and matty and pirate offered to share fcl but he refused would rather try and force them out by starting a rival league knowing that it will descend into farce and one party will have to do the decent thing and pull out (not him)
Sniper you're so transparent you only want chris to run things so you get allowed in fcl again.
staffie he is wrong on the point being discussed that is why he got questioned if you personally don't know enough to debate things then don't question those that do.
How does me wanting chris to be league runner, or all 3 of em make a difference to me being unbanned, jay isnt the league runner, anymore therefore i should technically be unbanned, and i am sure jay will/has already told matty and steve a lot of what he thinks about me..so doesnt matter if its chris matty or steve or all 3...whoever it is, will decide for themselves, or as a team.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:31 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Its up to the current runner in this case pirate and matty who gets banned and unbanned. They can either unban you which means you can play or keep you banned.

Far as i know the reason was due to clan folding and not enough time running clans. If they feel you can run a clan again they may consider it
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:34 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Current runner ?, 2 FCL's should be interesting lol
faust
faust
02:54 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

At last an opportunity to give every enough games!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:04 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

At last an opportunity to give every enough games!!!
Yeah, this will be fun!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:04 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Its up to the current runner in this case pirate and matty who gets banned and unbanned. They can either unban you which means you can play or keep you banned.

Far as i know the reason was due to clan folding and not enough time running clans. If they feel you can run a clan again they may consider it
I havent made a team for a season, so why would i need to be fit to run a team? I am just trying to play for a team!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:19 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You had a team you walked out on it, in the space of 24 hours you have joined The Underdogs only to ditch them to go to Top Guns. Where's next?

IF I were you I would stay in 1 team, let them send in the relevant information (team lists) and actually play for that team. Also I know I asked you to not respond to EVERY single post on everyone's thread, especially when most posts don't even concern you.

On to things which matter: I'm glad dgeneratio mentioned exactly the same as myself earlier, A code of Conduct for clan members should be drafted up and all who join clans should adhere to it, should any one fall in breach then then they are answerable ONLY to the League Runners.

I personally would prefer the League Runners to be non players, this will eliminate any accusations of fixing results, tampering with fixtures, being biased, favouritism etc. Other events are run brilliantly by players but when it comes down the the 3 Leagues which are mostly interested in then there should be a precedent only Non players can run them.

I have no doubt Matty and Pirate will do a great job, then integrity and capabilities are not even brought in to question it's just the set criteria which the Leagues should follow. The Individuals however, are a separate entity as they will co-inside with the League so Tappy could and would still do a great job, maybe even team up with angry_bacon, his tournaments have worked amazingly well?

Just my opinion,
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
04:12 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I know its not right time but how about a Clan Ranking System? This may get clans competitive and maybe think of returns.

Start from this season due to no real old stats.

=IF(K4+L4>0,700+(E4*3)+(F4*5)+(G4*10)+(K4*5)+(I4*10)+(H4*15)-(L4*5)-(J4*10),0)

Starts at 700

+3 for Halfs
+5 for Cents
+10 for a Max
+5 for Frame Win
+10 for Match Win
+15 for Tournament Win.
-5 per Frame Lost
-10 per Match Lost

* Requires 1 frame to be included but can be changed

Ranking List
i_am_cursed 1141
etarvt 1119
imran 968
thegame26 787
clifton188 749
mattywellie 739

thoughts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:34 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I know its not right time but how about a Clan Ranking System? This may get clans competitive and maybe think of returns.

Start from this season due to no real old stats.

=IF(K4+L4>0,700+(E4*3)+(F4*5)+(G4*10)+(K4*5)+(I4*10)+(H4*15)-(L4*5)-(J4*10),0)

Starts at 700

+3 for Halfs
+5 for Cents
+10 for a Max
+5 for Frame Win
+10 for Match Win
+15 for Tournament Win.
-5 per Frame Lost
-10 per Match Lost

* Requires 1 frame to be included but can be changed

Ranking List
i_am_cursed 1141
etarvt 1119
imran 968
thegame26 787
clifton188 749
mattywellie 739

thoughts?

Honestly, I'm not sooo sure.

Would be kool to see where about's near the bottom I would be but then it wouldn't be nice to see how bad my game is compared to that at the top. Shame there's no way of it being displayed on our profiles on a daily basis but is only visible to the actual player with use of a password.

I think the ranking system;s not a bad idea just not sure everyone would really want to see how there game is, as we all have good and bad days.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:53 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have much better things to do than sit there and tell both runners random rubbish about you Sniper. Technically runners can follow ex runners and the people they have banned and things, if they feel that way then you will still be banned.

Two teams in the space of a few days though, and you claim to have changed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:46 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Im with Top Guns, and referred 4 players to underdogs, relax.

Some quality players too. I left because they looked a bit unstable, and i didnt want to not play in 1st fixture.

I am staying on Top Guns for the season. Or longer if that happens.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:11 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The fact the league is hosted by the site is irrelevant, The power lies with the Clan Runner whether to ban someone or not.

As for example on snooker, we have a code of conduct which we can punish those who abuse other members, concede frames, multiple defaults etc.

And I am the one that has been accused of being on a power trip???!!!

Any use of the site for anything - be it chat, forum posting, general 'site' play, or event play such as Leagues - is subject to the site rules above everything else.

I believe that there are several ways of dealing with problems - some offer a better and longer lasting solution to the specific competition problem, and are more beneficial to the wider community, than others.

Again, whether you agree or disagree with that is up to you.
poolbiird
poolbiird
12:25 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So have we got a runner or not?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Seems to be a bit confusing, the league was officially handed to matty and pirate steve but i think chris is eager t get in on it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:15 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Are you offering
cke1982
cke1982
15:24 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think if a runner hands over to another person its up to them to review the bans and see what they think and make a decision obviously bans where handed out for a good reason
poolbiird
poolbiird
15:42 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Are you offering

That's a big fat NO!!! lol
_huts24_
_huts24_
18:49 Fri 27 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have much better things to do than sit there and tell both runners random rubbish about you Sniper. Technically runners can follow ex runners and the people they have banned and things, if they feel that way then you will still be banned.

Two teams in the space of a few days though, and you claim to have changed

so is chris now league runner , thumbs up if he is :)
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.