FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:47 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The select few (ie the Captains) should cover all clans and reflect/represent the views of their players. The people that post here are not reflective of all clans or players.

Thought nothing was gonna change chris? You will have the league discussion thread shut soon with that attitude.
Everybody is an individual and the people posting on here dont have to agree with their captains on subjects.
Sure the 10 or so captains arent reflective of all clans or players either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:58 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Awesome - That already pretty much gives the majority for going straight to the league - Which gives us a little bit of time to sort everything out.

We will see what the others guys before anything concrete is finalised though.

Seeing as no-one has notified me other wise, I presume that all previously registered teams still want to participate in next seasons FCL. (here, for reference http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18416/fcl-signups-thread/10#1587035).

In any case, could all teams please post their FCL team for the upcoming season on the appropriate thread ( http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18416/fcl-signups-thread ).

A few of you have messaged me about current player bans - Nothing has been decided yet - we will review these in the next couple of days once the main bulk of the league 'admin' has been sorted. For now, if you are intending to register a currently banned player, hold off registering your squad until we announce the decision.

Ideally, I'd like to have all clans with their registered teams with us by the 6th - But I will confirm this in a couple of days.

Edited at 00:02 Mon 30/09/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:38 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Season 21

Please can clan submit their full clan lists to either myself, mattywellie or pirate_steve at the earliest opportunity.

As pirate_steve states, we are looking to have the first league games released on Sunday.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:13 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Fixture Set 1

The opening games, due for release on Sunday 6th October, are...

Top Guns v The Unbeatables
The Professionals v Ballbreakers
The Underdogs v Mousey Misfits
Pocket Dynamos v Snooker Squad
Fighting Eagles v Uprising
The Unbeatables v Phoenix Storm
Top Guns v The Professionals
The Underdogs v Ballbreakers
Pocket Dynamos v Mousey Misfits
Fighting Eagles v Snooker Squad
Phoenix Storm v Uprising

In addition to full clan lists, please can you send in teams of eight for these first two matches to either myself, mattywellie or pirate_steve.

Thanks
faust
faust
18:35 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:38 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Myself, Chris & Matty have now discussed the current FCL bans, and all issues have been resolved.

I have privately messaged the three members in question letting them know of our decision.

Now that all league issues have been resolved, could we please have team sheets + lists for all participating clans.

If captains have any questions, then please feel free to message one of us.

All the best,

pirate_steve
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:32 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You could have at least spoken to me about the schedule as i was happy to cooperate with you over the leagues , i had intended the fbl start on 6th and will now have to delay due to your unexpected start date, i explained to pirate that i wanted a separate deadline to you - cheers for the consideration !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:38 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
From your posts your pre-season was due to end at presumably Midnight (although there was no time shown) on 6/10/13. I didn't see how the League season could therefore commence before the Pre-Season ended. Particularly as a new format is being trialled which I am guessing you're hoping for feedback on. I therefore guessed a start date of 13/10/13 for those reasons, hence me pushing the others to start this Sunday - my mistake obviously.

There are three leagues and only two alternating deadlines. Two of the leagues are therefore always going to have the same deadline. It also makes sense for FCL and SL to be on separate deadlines due to the division of labour as I am sure it previously made sense in the same way for the FCL and FBL to alternate. As long as the seasons all end at roughly the same length of time I don't see what difference it makes. The only alternative might be for one league to move to a Midweek deadline in future.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:50 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Apologies, communication mistake on my part here.

As Chris said, hopefully this doesn't cause too many issues
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:23 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well Chris as far as I was aware, SL and FCL were running side by side leaving me to get on with my own thing as I discussed with pirate_steve last night. Rather than making assumptions about how I am running the league perhaps you could have messaged me as pirate did a few days back to co-operate with each other?

I am slightly annoyed as I thought we had everything sorted out and was happy I was getting the deadline on my own rather than competing with the other league deadlines. I pushed it through to avoid the SL deadline as I was under the impression the FCL would start at the SLs 1st fixture end.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:48 Mon 30 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well Chris as far as I was aware, SL and FCL were running side by side.

Maybe don't make assumptions?

I'm sure the clans aren't too concerned. No one has made any adverse comment so far anyway.

Edited at 20:55 Mon 30/09/13 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:35 Tue 1 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think one pre-season qualifier is needed

there is alot of new players in clans this season, so to it makes sense to give them a practice run out, so can captains and league runners can also check reliability

just my opinion

for once i agree with Craig, even though a clan may have got no defaults doesn't mean that they might struggle the next season.

It seems pointless to have them for older clans but even older clans can struggle sometimes

Edit: noticed its starting soon so ignore this
beenjammin
beenjammin
03:56 Tue 1 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for running it so long Jay.

Congrats to the new runners, and thanks in advance.

chris said:
The select few (ie the Captains) should cover all clans and reflect/represent the views of their players. The people that post here are not reflective of all clans or players.

That bothers me ^ , I agree with this:
"Everybody is an individual and the people posting on here dont have to agree with their captains on subjects.
Sure the 10 or so captains arent reflective of all players either."

I'd like to know I can post an opinion about something, and it be considered with as much weight as anyone else in the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:27 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you read back I said everyone was welcome to comment. However just on the specific subject of pre-season friendlies, given the reasons being put forward in favour of them - ie to test clan captain's reliability in organising their clan, allow captains the opportunity to test the reliability of their players, allow new players the opportunity to get used to the format etc, then yes it was the views of the eleven clan captains that would carry more weight in formulating the final decision on this occasion. They are the ones with potentially most to gain but also with most work to do if those games went ahead - less so the clan veteran, non-captain, forum posters who are always welcome contributors to all clan discussions anyway.

Hopefully that clears that concern up - and everyone feels able to continue to post their opinions on all subjects.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:35 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well Chris as far as I was aware, SL and FCL were running side by side.

Maybe don't make assumptions?

I'm sure the clans aren't too concerned. No one has made any adverse comment so far anyway.

Edited at 20:55 Mon 30/09/13 (BST)

I never made an assumption, this is what I was told.

It is not the clans that would be concerned, it is me, considering I said to pirate that I would be happy to work with them on schedules and thought it had been sorted between us for it to change without me knowing...well cheers! The FCL and the FBL tried to work around each other for seasons now but screw it, lets just do it Chris' way.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:40 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
lets just do it Chris' way.

Actually it wasn't my way - but I'll take the rap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you read back I said everyone was welcome to comment. However just on the specific subject of pre-season friendlies, given the reasons being put forward in favour of them - ie to test clan captain's reliability in organising their clan, allow captains the opportunity to test the reliability of their players, allow new players the opportunity to get used to the format etc, then yes it was the views of the eleven clan captains that would carry more weight in formulating the final decision on this occasion. They are the ones with potentially most to gain but also with most work to do if those games went ahead - less so the clan veteran, non-captain, forum posters who are always welcome contributors to all clan discussions anyway.

Hopefully that clears that concern up - and everyone feels able to continue to post their opinions on all subjects.

Thanks for that post chris appreciate you taking the time to clear that up
_huts24_
_huts24_
12:29 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think one pre-season qualifier is needed

there is alot of new players in clans this season, so to it makes sense to give them a practice run out, so can captains and league runners can also check reliability

just my opinion

for once i agree with Craig, even though a clan may have got no defaults doesn't mean that they might struggle the next season.

It seems pointless to have them for older clans but even older clans can struggle sometimes

Edit: noticed its starting soon so ignore this

Agree with both posts above , I feel as there's 3 new clans that are unproven 1 pre-season qualifier is needed as these clans might not make it for the whole season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:43 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
When have friendlies EVER proved reliability. It has been shown last season that the right captains make teams last all season not one stupid game. You folk that actually think these games prove anything are loons! If you want a game arrange a friendly but dont force players to play games when they have been in the league for years nevermind seasons.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:55 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It's never been about testing reliability it were more giving new captains (ie myself) a match type scenario and to see how players respond and to test my own competence. Last thing I want were to screw up straight away in the real Leagues, not only let other teams down but show a major weakness to my players from the off...not good.

So as I had already arranged and completed friendlies of our own before thought time to play in the 'Real Clan World'. Everyone will make some mistakes along the way, best way to learn.

Reliabilty can and will be assessed over time not just pre-season.
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.