FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It's never been about testing reliability it were more giving new captains (ie myself) a match type scenario and to see how players respond and to test my own competence. Last thing I want were to screw up straight away in the real Leagues, not only let other teams down but show a major weakness to my players from the off...not good.

So as I had already arranged and completed friendlies of our own before thought time to play in the 'Real Clan World'. Everyone will make some mistakes along the way, best way to learn.

Reliabilty can and will be assessed over time not just pre-season.

Wrong.

Friendlies were brought in to test reliability, and I think only once maybe twice (I could be wrong) has a clan failed to pass the reliability test of friendlies. However in most seasons there is at least one clan that drops out half way through or goes dangerously close to doing so.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well yeah obviously you want all your players to prove they can meet deadlines, arrange a match, post on correct threads etc, testing for reliability incorporates all of these. You cannot judge someone's true reliability however, over such a short period of time.

That's all I'm saying...also pre-seasons not just for the new teams other teams who have been around a lot longer aren't that good at communicating properly. Us new teams can only try and 'run our own ship', not the harbour.

Edited at 13:21 Wed 02/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:06 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Only thing reliability friendlies used to do is show the big teams they had a couple of unreliable players and ooh look matey from a little team got 6 points against seb we will nab him.
People saying they want to test player's reliability just sub them out early to get games done anyway.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:10 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Surely if captains want to test the reliability of their players it is their responsibility to organise their own friendlies, think about it, why should the league runners do it ?, they run the league, not the clans, that's the captains job.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:15 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Surely if captains want to test the reliability of their players it is their responsibility to organise their own friendlies, think about it, why should the league runners do it ?, they run the league, not the clans, that's the captains job.
No offense to chris matty or steve, but Jay has been running friendlies in the league for years.. O_o
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:20 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh he did it for league runners to judge clan reliability for entry into the league, the present league runners obviously don't feel the need to do this, what I'm saying is if captains want to test their players it is their responsibility to arrange their own friendlies to do that.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:21 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't bring me into something that has no concern of mine please. I had my own beliefs on Pre Season just like others have theirs. Both worked and both have cons all the same.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:56 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Friendlies are for the newer clans mainly to test their reliability. Also last season was to be taken into account.

For example (sorry sniper) on Snooker, almost every clan struggled to play Snooker Legends then they failed the required pass rate.

Because of the season before they only just failed to make it into the league. Sniper also had no internet access at the time.

The more established clans do make it unless they really struggle in the friendlies.

Also friendlies has been used for FCL for long as i can remember so in my eyes why fix something that isn't broken
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
23:43 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Not in your eyes but in some peoples eyes maybe it is broken, not everyone wants or feels the need for the friendlies. As far as I know they won't be happening so might aswell just move on now and concentrate on the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:55 Wed 2 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just an idea but wouldnt it make sense to run one set of pre season friendlies in just one of the leagues instead of both of them?
cke1982
cke1982
15:24 Thu 3 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
preseason friendlys should be optional
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:37 Thu 3 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We made the decision to not run pre-season friendlies (discussion can be found a couple of pages back).

As mentioned before, the first set of FCL league fixtures will be released on Sunday the 6th.

For those that are interested, the season schedule can be found here;

http://thefcl.weebly.com/league-season--fixtures.html

As a side note, after reviewing the current set of FCL rules we are going to make one amendment regarding player eligibility.

Instead of all accounts having to be 31 days old to be registered, only account registered within league time (i.e. any time that isn't the transfer window or pre-season break) have to be 31 days old. This means that accounts under 31 days of age registered before the season start or during the transfer window will be eligible to play in fixtures.

Edited at 12:44 Thu 03/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:47 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Can the rules for appointing V/C's be re-assessed please? Reason i ask is how is a new team meant to operate like any old one when there are restrictions in force to rebuke and revoke their Captains choices.

A new team needs to be able to appoint their Vice Captains, if say a complete new team full of brand new players sets up how are they meant to set their teams structure without getting accused of 'poaching' or 'tapping' up a player from another team?

Not all players from previous clans want to have a role which a truly respect and appreciate but what do you suggest I do, run the whole team solo for the 3 Leagues...it's farcical at the moment.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The rules on V/C's was set up to ensure that a player had enough experience and knowledge of the leagues to understand what is required from a VC.

On top of that the rule also adds an element of an account age restriction in order to prevent people from deactivating, creating a new name and then immediately being put in a VC role. Nothing worse than an unreliable player being allowed to be a VC.
cke1982
cke1982
17:51 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We made the decision to not run pre-season friendlies (discussion can be found a couple of pages back).

As mentioned before, the first set of FCL league fixtures will be released on Sunday the 6th.

For those that are interested, the season schedule can be found here;

http://thefcl.weebly.com/league-season--fixtures.html

As a side note, after reviewing the current set of FCL rules we are going to make one amendment regarding player eligibility.

Instead of all accounts having to be 31 days old to be registered, only account registered within league time (i.e. any time that isn't the transfer window or pre-season break) have to be 31 days old. This means that accounts under 31 days of age registered before the season start or during the transfer window will be eligible to play in fixtures.

Edited at 12:44 Thu 03/10/13 (BST)

great rule
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just to clarify regarding the VC situation (seeing as I have also had a couple of questions.

All rules can be found here; http://thefcl.weebly.com/rules.html

Specifically, rules regarding Captains & Vices - The only clear-cut rules are that there will be no more than 3 vice captains.

In extenuating circumstances we may intervene, but for the forseeable future all internal affairs (such as captains & vices) are down to the clans.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:22 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Still think ten bonus points for a win was a lot fairer and from the discussion at the time so did the vast majority that were posting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Still think ten bonus points for a win was a lot fairer and from the discussion at the time so did the vast majority that were posting

I agree here mate, and thanks for clarifying the situation pirate_steve, much appreciated. i shall appoint my V/C later this evening.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:32 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
here, here, was gonna keep my mouth shut ( the no changes thing), but I agree
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:47 Fri 4 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just incase this is being totted up then the way it is is fine in my opinion. If I had it my way I would bring in the 3-1-0 points system.
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.