FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:39 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Teams need to know IF they are to continue as normal or Cease playing their FBL matches asap.
faust
faust
02:39 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The current triumvirate of runners are doing a great job with Sl and FCL, for me it would be ideal if they was involved in the FBL too.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:46 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Do people not think 3 leagues, possibly 2 cups, and two individual competitions (not to mention any snooker involvement too) is a little bit much to have on the go all at the same time?

Is this not an opportune moment to maybe take stock and work out a better way of accommodating everyone's favourites into a better schedule?

Just floating the suggestion.

Have to agree with this, people are always complaining theres too many games to play, give the FBL a break and once the FCL and SL season ends take a look at how this format can be incorporated into them somehow, 3 leagues is just crazy.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:56 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
3 leagues isn't the problem, in fact the variety make it more interesting, it's the ridiculous format which has been introduced. 4 frames of Straight, so many fixtures at any given time - silly.

If reverted back to just 2 games then I honestly cannot see the trouble with having the 3 coinciding with each other. Scrap Killer, I know some like it but has to be the most annoying of games to arrange and play, especially if players are not on line when originally stated.

Killer should be a separate event maybe keep within its own Individual Competition, the Doubles is a great idea, keep it away from the Leagues.
faust
faust
02:59 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Do people not think 3 leagues, possibly 2 cups, and two individual competitions (not to mention any snooker involvement too) is a little bit much to have on the go all at the same time?

Is this not an opportune moment to maybe take stock and work out a better way of accommodating everyone's favourites into a better schedule?

Have to agree with this, people are always complaining theres too many games to play, give the FBL a break and once the FCL and SL season ends take a look at how this format can be incorporated into them somehow, 3 leagues is just crazy.

Surely if a team thinks there's too many games - they don't have to enter? Without the extended killer games in FBL, the 3 leagues would be perfect for Uprisingm with the amount of active players we have. I'd struggle to give everyone enough games with just 2 leagues.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:02 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I would say either run a very slimmed-down and short version of the FBL for now or scrap it for this season. Then merge Super League with FBL formats in the next season to have two main leagues.
Each fixture:
1 player 6 frames of 8US
1 player 6 frames of 9-Ball
1 player 6 frames of 8UK
1 player 3 frames of Straight
4 players that each play 2 of 8US, 9-Ball, and 8UK
2 killer games of 2v2 or more (optional)

That's 8 individual games and the standard 2 killer games (2v2 is easy to arrange).
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:05 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm starting to wonder how clans survived when there was only one league lol, it was definately more fun then.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm starting to wonder how clans survived when there was only one league lol, it was definately more fun then.
one league ... shocking
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:40 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Surely if a team thinks there's too many games - they don't have to enter? Without the extended killer games in FBL, the 3 leagues would be perfect for Uprisingm with the amount of active players we have. I'd struggle to give everyone enough games with just 2 leagues.

Its not about you,as a clan being able to face anything thrown at you its about finding the right amount for all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:06 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
so with all this change does this mean clan captains cant use their milk tokens anymore?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:19 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
so with all this change does this mean clan captains cant use their milk tokens anymore?
All void , booooo, in a houndish kind of way

Edited at 02:22 Sat 19/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:30 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Everyone who is left in the FBL is pretty much 'in limbo', they need to know one way or the other I feel.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:35 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Mich you should be banned soon enough,along with anybody else involved.

hes not the only person to do what he did, it used to happen a lot and i know for a fact it still does with certain players now who's names wont be mentioned, i still get asked now to play ppls accounts to make them pro as im sure others do, mich has done the right thing by everyone involved in clans, hes risking a ban for the sake of others. i applaud that and hope he only gets a warning

gl to ya mich
raptorman
raptorman
07:11 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Mich you should be banned soon enough,along with anybody else involved.

hes not the only person to do what he did, it used to happen a lot and i know for a fact it still does with certain players now who's names wont be mentioned, i still get asked now to play ppls accounts to make them pro as im sure others do, mich has done the right thing by everyone involved in clans, hes risking a ban for the sake of others. i applaud that and hope he only gets a warning

gl to ya mich

This goes on !!!!

Disgusting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:11 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Jema deactivated, i havent gone back 5 pages to see what crap stirred her up to leave.... in a small explanation, what happened?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:19 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
read the old thread its not on here
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:29 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
read the old thread its not on here
I know mate, thats what i meant, i went back to page 95, but not sure it started there... i dont want to go through loads lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:38 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would like to see FBL stay, the games used to be quick and straightforward scoring which was fair.
2 games each of
8 ball
9 ball
UK
Best of 9 frames pt for each rack
1 game of
Straight 3 frames 3 points per rack
1 x 6 killer
1st - 5 pts
2nd - 3 pts
3rd - 1 pt

All simple, if anyone should ditch killer it's super league as it fits FBL format a lot better and the 4 man games aren't very interesting either.
Super league format is too similar to FCL woukd rather see 8 players play
3 frames of
8 ball
9 ball
UK
Point per rack
1 frame of straight
3 pts for the rack

Those 3 leagues with 3 totally different formats could run very well together, know I will get shot to pieces for suggesting this but I'd rather we stopped and got it all right now
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
12:06 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League and FCL will not be stopped- those seasons are well underway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:20 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah too late for that I suppose but that FBL format would still be fine this season, think those 3 formats would be a lot better for the following season though.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.