FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
cke1982
cke1982
20:08 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
ive deleted all fbl games as was told it was scrapped u cant say where continuing does that stupid sub rule gone mean subs can sub into any game type once subbed out hated that rule and does every player have to have accont month old
I will try find fixtures for you and post them when im not at work.

cheers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:45 Sat 19 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just thought I'd give a quick comment...

Firstly, regardless of your personal feelings, Jema deserves a huge thanking for all of the effort she has put into the FBL.

It's a shame about the escapades over the last day or so to do with the FBL, but as was with the FCL, it'd be best for the league's health if everyone contributed constructively instead of speculating about the past regime.

Although the decision needs to be by the clans, as far as I know, onevisit is the only person so far who has kindly thrown their name into the ring as a potential successor (I see no-reason to have any issue with his approach either).

He should at least be given a chance to see what he has to offer (even if it does seem inevitable).

For now, everybody needs to stop panicking so much and relax. I'm sure it will all be sorted by the end of the weekend.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:06 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
-At the moment, we are continuing to play the 4 games that were already out.
-The deadline is a week longer (4 weeks total: November 12th).
-There are no killer games.

^So that there's no confusion for anyone.
cke1982
cke1982
00:12 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
jemma done a great job with fbl but we have to move on glad one visit got rid of that only sub in to same game type sub
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:25 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for all your hard work Jem and good luck in the future.

I don't mind if onevisit runs it but he seems eager and up for the job so good luck to whoever runs it.

Regarding game lengths and keeping in tabs with other leagues. In my view all leagues are separate entities and if the league is 3 months with the others or 6 shouldn't matter in my opinion.
beenjammin
beenjammin
05:15 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Second that ^, Don't forget that playing each other twice makes the outcome much more accurate.

I like the one week extension, it was a little busy.

My only problem is I don't want to see killer go, I see no need, or reason to change the format while the season is in progress.
It could even lead to a dispute in the end, I can see it happening: "If they hadn't scrapped the killer games our clan would've won that fixture (or the league)!"
erigert
erigert
14:23 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i agree killer should stay but two of them its a bit too much i think. a 3 vs 3 killer is good in my opinion like ive said on my last posts
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Killers been omitted, still remains in the other League, the FBL is meant to be quick matches, killer in my opinion if with cooperative players can work but most the time its a pain. 2vs2 does not give a true reflection, it's meant to be a TEAM event, maybe that could be looked into maybe add a Captains match or a bonus match where a capt can nominate one of their players if final scores are within a specific margin? Gives more emphasis and incentive to teams to try till the very end.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Bonus match would be unfair to the teams who do not play it as the league is decided by frames won and a team would pick up extra points here over teams who do not play it
beenjammin
beenjammin
16:09 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
More suggested changes?
The point I was trying to make is:
The season has started, the format should NOT be changed while it's in progress.
cke1982
cke1982
16:28 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
killer should be left in 1 game 3 vs 3
cke1982
cke1982
16:45 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
pixie dust has deactivated hope every one who slandered her hard work are happy with themselves disgusting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:06 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
pixie dust has deactivated hope every one who slandered her hard work are happy with themselves disgusting

agreed and as for onevisit running it im all against it, rather see it fold
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:29 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Seasons only just started been, all other suggestions either previously ignored or ridiculed, new runner hopefully new attitude.

Nobody's forced to play it ain't mandatory, each to their own. Previously the FBLs been very good, recent changes ruined it, time to get it back to how it to be.

Gl Onevisit.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:31 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
gl onevisit. known you years. a respected player on here, all the best
beenjammin
beenjammin
22:00 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Whether the season just started, or is half finished is beside the point. Games have been played.

Another note, I don't understand how talk of it being a team event can come from someone who doesn't want killer. Whether it's 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3, killer makes it more of a team event wouldn't you say? It's the only gametype where it isn't a simple 1 vs 1 matchup.

And I liked the recent changes, except for the 4 fixtures in 3 weeks rush, and she only did that to try and appease the people complaining that the season had become too long.
The 2 fixtures against every team(long season) idea arguably made the fbl the most accurate league on the site.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:20 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with the killer being a team event, but it's too similar to the super league. I would rather see a different style (like 3v3). Else it just gets confusing
beenjammin
beenjammin
22:35 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You make a good point about the confusion, maybe it should be looked at in the off-season, but the main point I'm trying to make is it's not the right time to go changing the format, games have been played.

If killer is dropped(if the format is changed in any way), I suggest dropping the whole season, restart from scratch as soon the format's been decided.

Edited at 19:39 Sun 20/10/13 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:46 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I disagree here. We're still in the first fixture set, so it won't disrupt much at all and only a few results would get dropped by scrapping killer.
Those teams that signed up 2 Super League teams already have 4 killer games to sort out per fixture. I think we can live without FBL killer for one season?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:51 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I disagree here. We're still in the first fixture set, so it won't disrupt much at all and only a few results would get dropped by scrapping killer.
Those teams that signed up 2 Super League teams already have 4 killer games to sort out per fixture. I think we can live without FBL killer for one season?

i actually agree with seb we can live with out fbl killer.
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.