The Premier League

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:40 Tue 10 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Let me start from the top atm and work my way down...

1. Arsenal - On a great run at the min seem to be slowing down of late though, lost to United and draw with Everton, Really think City and Chelsea have a good chance vs Arsenal with both playing them in their next 2 prem games.

2. Liverpool - Sturridge out for 6 weeks, Gerrard joined him and now Henderson may be injured. Add that to our defensive worries with not keeping many clean sheets and Skrtel and Agger being bossed in the air half the time, we could starte to fade ow which would be our worse time as we have Spurs City and Chelsea all away and Cardiff at home in our next 4 games. The away games are understandable enough but Cardiff have been good against the bigger teams this season, getting unlikely points vs United and City for example.

All in all I think we will be struggling this Christmas and could slide down the league.

3. Chelsea - Have a very leaky defence and their strikers aren't firing on all cylinder VERY worrying for them at the min, not like any other Mourinho team we have seen. Chelsea have Palace next who are trying to turn their fortunes around and played well in their last 2 games. Then they have Arsenal and Liverpool later this month. With Swansea in between... If they don't turn their defence around this could be a poor December for them.

4. City - Arsenal Fulham Liverpool in their next 3, again can be very tough but I reckon they will do well in those games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Tue 10 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Their attack is on top form but again seem to be struggling a lot away from home so could be a up and down Christmas period for these if they can't sort their away form.

5 - Everton - Have a challenging next 4 games for different reasons than the other 4 previously named. Southampton, Swansea and then Fulham and Sunderland who are looking to change their fortunes, could be a sticky period for the toffees.

6 - Spurs - Been heavily disappointing this season so far however a good December could easily turn this around for them, but again could be tough, facing Liverpool, Southampton then the battling teams of West Brom and Stoke, so not going to be easy.

Can't be bothered doing everyone would just take too much time.

9 - United - Have a relatively easy looking December and need to pick up at least 9 points from the 12 available but with their very sketchy form anything is possible, Moyes really needs to start a good run now or he will be out the door before the end of the season, especially if Arsenal can stretch that gap even further.

Top 6...

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. Everton/Man Utd

I reckon Spurs have a good chance as long as they start shining soon, they have been disappointing but still up there.

Bottom 3...

18th Sunderland
19th Cardiff City
20th Crystal Palace
silenthill
silenthill
19:59 Sun 15 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

2. Liverpool - Sturridge out for 6 weeks, Gerrard joined him and now Henderson may be injured. Add that to our defensive worries with not keeping many clean sheets and Skrtel and Agger being bossed in the air half the time, we could starte to fade ow which would be our worse time as we have Spurs City and Chelsea all away and Cardiff at home in our next 4 games. The away games are understandable enough but Cardiff have been good against the bigger teams this season, getting unlikely points vs United and City for example.

All in all I think we will be struggling this Christmas and could slide down the league.

5-0 to liverpool! Withoutt gerrard, without sturridge! Phenomonal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:02 Sun 15 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know, what a game too we absolutely ran riot!

No one saw that coming but damn we are looking good.

Before today from next 4 games I'd have taken 5 points, now if we win vs Cardiff there is 6 and I reckon we will draw vs Chelsea. City all depends on what City team show up...
franer_
franer_
20:20 Sun 15 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
No mate... IF we play attacking forceful go get em type of play we can beat chelsea and city well they are too unpredictable...a draw with them and it will be a great few weeks for the team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Mon 16 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/39091/standings/

just thought I would show off my league standing in the prem fantasy league...7

I am the BantiChrist
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Mon 16 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/39091/standings/

just thought I would show off my league standing in the prem fantasy league...7

I am the BantiChrist

Doing well matey, I would be up there too if I hadn't made sooo many transfers in 1 given time, made me lose points more than stay where I were....ASH you're STUPIDO!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Wed 25 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Liverpool beat City tomorrow they deserve to win the league...However, if they fail then we'll go above them
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:46 Wed 25 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's set to be a cracker of a match to conclude the Boxing Day fixtures, Arsenal vs Chelsea was pretty boring for what it could have been. As a Liverpool fan the city fixture worries me, more often than not we've been the better side and not taken advantage. This season has been different though, I expected something like 4-3 either way, though it might be set up too good and end in a bore draw
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Wed 25 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I predict 2-2, think both will cancell each other out, would like see the Pool win but still think United will be back up there shortly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:03 Wed 25 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Least we know it won't be 0-0, with Suarez, Aguero and Negredo playing lol. 4-2 or 3-1 to the Arabs I reckon
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:41 Wed 25 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well with Aguero injured until possibly February, to play him tomorrow would be a stupid move

Suarez right now is the most prolific player in the prem, if he shows up we should edge it I feel. Negredo is sure to be one to watch, maybe Dzeko can stake a place again. As long as both teams aren't playing to avoid defeat then it surely has to be a great match.

4-3 to the Reds, Suarez hattrick
Fingers crossed

2 good results for Liverpool and surely they must be taken as the dark horse for the title, though I'm trying to not get ahead of myself. I'll take being unbeaten in these two matches
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:33 Wed 25 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah forgot about aguero being injured lol. Winning there is the biggie because you've not beaten anyone decent yet
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
03:21 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of what should be the top 7 (the teams in mich's post) we've won 2, drawn 1, lost 1. Not bad at all to be honest.

Winning would be significant because they should be title favourites, made the best signings of the summer overall to strengthen a strong squad. Beat them and we should fear no one. A loss isn't really a setback, we're still contending top 4 and should be at the end of season
the__priest
the__priest
19:10 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
5 - Everton - Have a challenging next 4 games for different reasons than the other 4 previously named. Southampton, Swansea and then Fulham and Sunderland who are looking to change their fortunes, could be a sticky period for the toffees.

great call mich

just chuffed Sunderland got the 3 points
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:22 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
2-1 to City at half time, officials aren't having a good game. Sterling miles onside, their second goal should've been a free kick in the build up to the corner. Perhaps a bit more clinical finishing needed, we've had chances! Gutted to be losing from that half but that's usually how we end up against city.

Thought Everton were going above us Jimbo
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:24 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
What a load of rubbish, only got ourselves to blame for not winning. But officials were poor, certainly helped them win. Lescott had a poor game, gave away a lot of fouls that weren't given unbelievably. We deserved something from that match
the__priest
the__priest
21:36 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
your oppinion

blinkers comes to mind

city were by far the better team
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:06 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well we all know you just want an argument

Goal disallowed for offside when the player was 2 yards onside
Yaya Toure holding 1 or 2 of our defenders for the initial cross which went out for a corner for them to score from.
Lescott goes through the back of Suarez on the edge of the box without touching the ball, should've been a free kick or pen
Pulls his shirt blatantly but with no pen given

We had much better goal scoring chances, and more of them. Coutinho one-on-one with the keeper shoots close to him, Sterling misses an almost open goal, Henderson nearly flicks in and a dummy would've given Allen a tap in, Johnson misconstrolling when he could've had an open-ish goal. They didn't have half the chances we did. They did have some, but not as many. A set piece and a defensive mistake followed by a bad save for their goals. Brilliant team play for ours. At the very least we had the ball in the back of the net oven as offside wrongly, unless you weren't wearing you're glasses.

Try to keep the response logical and about football
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:20 Thu 26 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I dont follow English football at all nor do i watch unless in a mates house which i was today ( I used to watch out for the Leeds score years ago and still do on occassion but thats it for me )

But in mates house today and he had Liverpool game on and must admit i was rooting for them after they got a perfectly good goal chopped off. Infact i was absolutely raging as in my eyes it was blatant cheating and i feel sorry for all LFC fans tonight, you were CHEATED big time, no other word for it. 2 yards onside plus your team should have had a penalty also. Gutted for you all tbh.

Might be a tad too far but not in my eyes, all LFC shareholders should be lobbying the board about this linesman and ref to be suspended, if not sacked as they are an absolute disgrace to Football

No problem with Man City or any other EPL team but the ref gave City the game tonight with his blatant cheating and he should be hounded out the game forever. A total disgrace to his trade.

GIVE US HONEST REFS
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Premier League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.