Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13536
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
11:03 Thu 15 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I quite like it

I've seen a number of negative comments about the new away kit, yes the colours are a little bright, but I think it's quite cool. There's definitely been worse kits in the past and this isn't one of them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:22 Thu 15 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
This is interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/11/upshot/up-soccer-table.html?_r=1 (hope the tables work)

Puts the claims to bed about the English players not being good enough, when the two top 8 teams with arguably the most English players in their starting XIs, finish where they do. More interesting is the fact that Liverpool would only have dropped 2 points!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:44 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
This is interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/11/upshot/up-soccer-table.html?_r=1 (hope the tables work)

Puts the claims to bed about the English players not being good enough, when the two top 8 teams with arguably the most English players in their starting XIs, finish where they do. More interesting is the fact that Liverpool would only have dropped 2 points!

If Liverpool would have only dropped 2 points, if only goals by English players counted, it kind of begs the question...

What on Earth has Suarez been doing???
chezz
chezz
14:53 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
This is interesting:

If Liverpool would have only dropped 2 points, if only goals by English players counted, it kind of begs the question...

What on Earth has Suarez been doing???

If you look at southampton, they have more points than they finished with.

I think its if liverpool lose 2-1 to a team, and the team scored with 2 foreigners, and sturridge score the 1, then the 0 points become 3
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:01 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I think someone with far too much time on their hands has sat down and worked out what every result would have been had the goals scored by foreign players been taken out. So obviously certain results would be completely different
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:18 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
In 38 games Man City fans would have only seen 16 goals (3 for), Chelsea fans would've seen 15 (9 for). Newcastle would've only had 1 goal scored.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Premier League would not be what it is now without the introduction to players of different nationality. I do think there are too many played at the same time in their starting lineups however, should be cap on how many a team can register at any given time. The onus needs to be put back on our own youngsters.

Great to see a few coming through their Academy's etc, but we are still lagging behind other nations. We will never catch up but can close the gap. We need improve and get a structure in place for grass roots football and Southgate is NOT the person to do it.

My cap would be 10/25 registered per team the rest (majority) would be of English descent.

Edited at 13:00 Fri 16/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:07 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree krazyash, only need to look at the Spanish side and at how many came through the academies and play regularly for the top 3 clubs out there. Although, capping the amount of foreign players will damage the Premier Leagues reputation and wouldn't make it as good as it already is I think.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
18:46 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Too may people seem to think that having foreign playing in the prem doesnt allow raw english talent to come up through the ranks. Fundamentally it's down to the grass roots football that kills us, implementing something that caps the number of number of foreign players at the moment would kill off the Premierleague and it would lose its appeal (as already stated above).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:05 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It's all about entertainment and business nowadays, forgetting the main fundamental being it's a game of Football. That's where the Premier League although endorsed all around the world loses it's prestige IMO.

I have said having the players from other nationalities has only enhanced the Premier Leagues reputation, the only problem is the English youth or academy players are not getting treated the same way due to them being either not good enough or surplus to requirements. (Cheaper and teams wouldn't be in the RED so frequently)

That needs to stop and I like having both in the team, take Everton FC for example they have played new players and foreign ones alike, all teams should do that and not have 10/11 starting line up be of non English Descent.

It's the ENGLISH Premier League, we need to keep it that way - show some belief hope for our youth and give them a sense of purpose, they can in return reach their aspirations. get them involved from a young age. Should be B teams for each team i feel solely for their academy ones.

Even some can be tutored by the superstars from a team. Learn more through application than watching someone.

Edited at 19:12 Fri 16/05/14 (BST)
cke1982
cke1982
22:12 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
untill guys like gerrard rooney etc 1st team england players retire no young players will get in england squad cause they wont be dropped also theres good english lads coming through but no english manager will go down to the lower divisions and give them a chance english premier would be rubbish with out the foreigners
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:33 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
No young players will get in the England squad?

You must not have seen the squad Hodgson has selected...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:56 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
untill guys like gerrard rooney etc 1st team england players retire no young players will get in england squad cause they wont be dropped also theres good english lads coming through but no english manager will go down to the lower divisions and give them a chance english premier would be rubbish with out the foreigners

Are you actually stupid?

All you have done is slag Liverpool off all season in what has been their best season in a long while, yet you call yourself a fan.

You say no youngsters will get in the England squad, yet Sterling, Barkley, Shaw, and Ox are all in the squad. Stones and Flanagan on standby.
And Sturridge, Henderson and Wilshere are all still quite young.

So... what is your point?
cke1982
cke1982
23:08 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
so hes picked a few so what all ive done is slagged liverpool off season ive not commented on lfc all season finished 2nd so what wheres the silverware no silverware again won a cup with daglish won jack with rogers
and i can have my opinions how many youngsters are coming in to england team none hell play same players as euro 2012 are u stupid
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:09 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Never mind Shaw taking Cole's place in the world cup.

Or the fact Stones didn't even play in half of Barnsley's games last season but has broke through to the Everton first team.

Or Wickham going on loan to Sheffield Wednesday because he wasn't getting game time, then being recalled to give him a chance in the Sunderland first team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:09 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
On a separate note...

I completely agree with Ash, didn't think I would be saying that any time soon.

"prestige of the premier league"
"lose all it's value"
"damage the reputation"

All a load of rubbish.

I wouldn't mind us being the 100th best team in the world as long as it meant us bringing our youth through properly. Not that that would happen, even if what Ash suggested happened then we would still be 3rd or 4th best league in the world, and would be producing better youngsters for the national team on a more regular basis.

Again the "B leagues" would also aid this development, but if you have a look at the likes of Chelsea even their U21's has a lot of foreigners in it.

If you look at the likes of Will Hughes, Jordon Ibe, Dele Alli... any/most of them would at least make the bench in the top 4/5 teams if there was a restriction on foreign players per team, and each one has the potential to go on and play for their country. There are many others you could probably argue the case for.
cke1982
cke1982
23:10 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Never mind Shaw taking Cole's place in the world cup.

Or the fact Stones didn't even play in half of Barnsley's games last season but has broke through to the Everton first team.

Or Wickham going on loan to Sheffield Wednesday because he wasn't getting game time, then being recalled to give him a chance in the Sunderland first team.

thats one good move cole didnt deserve to get in team or squad seeing he hasnt been playing at chelsea but some players havent played for there teams and still got in squad
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:12 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, i've told you several times (with evidence) that everyone who got in plays regularly for their club.

Tell me who exactly hasn't played for there team because they aren't good enough? I am baffled at who you think couldn't get a game this season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:15 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
so hes picked a few so what all ive done is slagged liverpool off season ive not commented on lfc all season finished 2nd so what wheres the silverware no silverware again won a cup with daglish won jack with rogers
and i can have my opinions how many youngsters are coming in to england team none hell play same players as euro 2012 are u stupid

Same players as Euro 2012... LOL

There are 7 players who played in the last game for England in Euro 2012 who are not even on the plane, only one of which is on the standby list.

Of the unused substitutes in the last game there are a further 5 players who are not on the plane...

So tell me... where have I got it wrong?

Liverpool had a fantastic season, finished second guaranteed champions league group stage, got the most money from any premier league club after winnings for the place plus tv money. Finishing second had having Champions league can only generate better in comings, I really fail to see where you think Rodgers has gone wrong here.
cke1982
cke1982
23:17 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, i've told you several times (with evidence) that everyone who got in plays regularly for their club.

Tell me who exactly hasn't played for there team because they aren't good enough? I am baffled at who you think couldn't get a game this season.

oxlade chamberlain welbeck lampard jermain defoe
Pages: 13536
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Premier League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.