Greatest Fight Of 2013

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:16 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Froch v Groves fight was quality, I agree the ref should not have stopped the fight, but the fight had turned in favour on Froch by that point.

If my memory serves me right, it was stopped in the 9th, and in my mind, I have scored at least 6 of the 8 round to Groves,
making the 78-73 (knocking a point off Froch for being dropped in the first), but 2 of the judges had the scoreline 76-75!

Presuming that Froch would have won the 9th, making it 85-85, and we all know the Cobra is the king of the last few rounds.

But that is not to say that the match should have been won by Froch, I do not understand how 2 of the judges had Groves ahead by one point.. I did not see him win 4 frames.

Thoughts?
the__priest
the__priest
12:18 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
also Tyson Fury has a bit of a big mouth but,, if he was an American everyone would love him
tipster
tipster
12:36 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
also Tyson Fury has a bit of a big mouth but,, if he was an American everyone would love him

have to agree but not convinced with tyson fury until he actually fights a big name
the__priest
the__priest
12:41 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
david price wasnt a bad win for him tho
tipster
tipster
12:46 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

just not a big enough name craig as good a win as it was he needs a name for that mouth
the__priest
the__priest
12:47 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Froch v Groves fight was quality, I agree the ref should not have stopped the fight, but the fight had turned in favour on Froch by that point.

If my memory serves me right, it was stopped in the 9th, and in my mind, I have scored at least 6 of the 8 round to Groves,
making the 78-73 (knocking a point off Froch for being dropped in the first), but 2 of the judges had the scoreline 76-75!

Presuming that Froch would have won the 9th, making it 85-85, and we all know the Cobra is the king of the last few rounds.

But that is not to say that the match should have been won by Froch, I do not understand how 2 of the judges had Groves ahead by one point.. I did not see him win 4 frames.

Thoughts?

as much as i thought it was a bad decision at the time,, it makes for a great rematch

if froch has the azzz not to avoid him

but ive got to add why didnt groves just box him and stay away in the last few rounds,, it shows he is still very naive and maybe he will learn from it and go on to big and better things
the__priest
the__priest
12:49 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

just not a big enough name craig as good a win as it was he needs a name for that mouth

but it was the biggest fight yet for him

lets be right here the Klitchkos arnt the my biggest heros out there
or Derik Chisoro but at least he gave it a go before he tried to eat them
tipster
tipster
12:51 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

but it was the biggest fight yet for him

lets be right here the Klitchkos arnt the my biggest heros out there
or Derik Chisor,o but at least he gave it a go before he tried to eat them

fair comment heavyweight division probably at its worst at the moment so he can only fight who they put in front of him maybe america needs tyson fury ?
the__priest
the__priest
12:53 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
maybe boxing really does need a class heavy weight division full stop

lets see what next year brings, could be some good fights to come
the__priest
the__priest
12:55 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Khan against Mayweather

what a fight
Mayweather all the way for me, Khan will get killed total mis-match in my opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:04 Tue 17 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Khan will get killed vs Mayweather agreed, I also think Froch will win a rematch with Groves, he will do what he did to Lucien Bute. He'll prepare better and also know what to expect next time around.

I think he would have lost to Groves the 1st time if not for a premature halt to the fight.

Andy Lee vs Matthew Macklin (St Patricks Day) will be a quality match, Lee in my opinion will be too powerful and accurate.

Anthony Joshuas the most exciting prospect in boxing atm.
the__priest
the__priest
10:03 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think anthony joshua

is very upright and has to much muscle
but time will show i guess

thoughts on ricky burns
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:50 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think anthony joshua

is very upright and has to much muscle
but time will show i guess

thoughts on ricky burns

Good to see him get the all clear, not bad could be better. i like Golovkin.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
14:23 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i had an arm wrestle that was as enertaining as all of these fights, im sure ud all agree, but i dont know how to upload videos
kirk
kirk
17:18 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Vitali retired, can't see him coming back as it's overdue imo.

Ricky burns was well beat but good to see he is recovered now.
faust
faust
18:56 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i had an arm wrestle that was as enertaining as all of these fights, im sure ud all agree, but i dont know how to upload videos

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202101461521537&set=vb.1337582975&type=2&theater
kirk
kirk
22:47 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fran vs his house was a decent match
franer_
franer_
23:00 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Tu salach filth muc
kirk
kirk
23:43 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Tu salach filth muc

Mate how many times..... I don't speak retarded Irish and don't be starting on my house either
franer_
franer_
23:55 Thu 19 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Tu salach filth muc

Mate how many times..... I don't speak retarded Irish and don't be starting on my house either

Didn't mention your house numb nuts
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Greatest Fight Of 2013

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.