Laptop or Desk top ??

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
skater_paul
skater_paul
15:36 Sat 18 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I personally find using a mouse a lot easier then using a finger pad on a laptop

I have had some success with a finger pad though, winning about 3 or 4 micro tourney's
eemad
eemad
21:12 Sun 19 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Always used a touchpad, just find it easier but have been known odd time to use a mouse but I can't control the power quite as well with it (bit of practice would probably help that though)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:54 Mon 20 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Desktop for me as when the internet was active i did an all nighter on snooker and laptop fried and rarely have issues with a Desktop.

I can use a mouse on either though. Used touchpad once at my nans and took 1 week to get set of halfs so i could adapt if needed
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:42 Mon 20 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use a laptop but I choose to ignore the touch pad and use a mouse
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:53 Mon 20 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use a laptop .. with a touchpad think its better used to use a desktop and thought I would never be able to use a lappy .. but they are miles better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:54 Mon 20 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have always used a laptop, i sometimes try and use a mouse, but the power goes AWOL every time!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Mon 20 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use a laptop/touchpad, feel have more control, accuracy, power, but also know that once the left button is held down the angle/aim wont move, the same applies with a mouse but more prone to slip up with a mouse. Off the desk, off the mouse mat etc.
onua0767
onua0767
09:08 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
18" gaming laptop for me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:41 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
18" gaming laptop for me
mouse or no mouse?

15" laptop here with mouse..touchpad if i need too (like at night in bed lol)
onua0767
onua0767
07:55 Sat 25 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Always with a mouse and always have the sound option ticked off so I don't play with sound. Never will. Never have
onua0767
onua0767
07:59 Sat 25 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Luckily for me my laptop is ranked #3 :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Sun 26 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I couldn't use a touchpad to open programs never mind playing funky on it. I bought a nice logitech mx pro mouse and that suites me fine.
_huts24_
_huts24_
21:37 Sat 1 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use a Laptop with a touchpad :)
dvz
dvz
19:31 Wed 5 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i have used mac wiv t pad which i
liked but it died so i had ta get used to mouse but a few months later im agreeing with the thing - try diff mice id say
franer_
franer_
19:52 Wed 5 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont like mice..they run to fast i can never catch the rascals.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:39 Wed 5 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use a laptop, but with a monitor and mouse plugged in and on a desk, so you might aswell call it a desktop, and i have a crappy £4 mouse from asda, which are the best ones, all this hi tech crap is useless on funky.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:27 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have spent the last week using a mouse instead of the touchapd.

I find that once you get used to it, there is little difference, except the speed between shots, I find i can line up shots easier with a mouse.

Anyone else who uses both agree or disagree with this?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:13 Thu 29 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I use a laptop/touchpad, feel have more control, accuracy, power, but also know that once the left button is held down the angle/aim wont move, the same applies with a mouse but more prone to slip up with a mouse. Off the desk, off the mouse mat etc.

The new clickpads on laptops nowadays are murder as they are way too sensitive even on the lowest and highest settings, tried without palm check, scrolling, drag options. Unfortunately they are just not calibrated properly and the Gesture Smart Touchpads are awful too, for same reason apart from there is no left or right button so to speak, can click anywhere on the pad, very frustrating.

Only way to amend is to change its peripherals but really cant be bothered, you purchase something hoping it works better not to mess about with it.

Each to their own I guess, would use mouse but prefer sit on leather sofa than at a desk/table.
silenthill
silenthill
15:54 Sat 31 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You guys all use touchpads?! Not for me.. Laptop and a USB mouse gets me through..

Using the touchpad just far to difficult, and with specific time limits in games, its scary to think how i'd play without my mouse.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:22 Sat 7 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You know something i was just about to create this thread and saw it here, madness.
I used to always play on my desktop using mouse. few years later i have got a laptop and have been using this 17" screen just about does the job.
Anyway i had to use library pc the other day because internet went down and the table and balls were bigger and i got my butt whooped.
moral to the story it's just what your used to lol.

Edited by forum moderator flapjack, at 15:32 Wed 11/06/14 (BST)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Laptop or Desk top ??

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.