The "good game" term

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:19 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just don't get the gg thingy after every game. Even though the game was crab people still "gg" Or perhaps I miss understand what the term actually means. My understanding is that a gg is actually when it was a highly competitive and exiting game. I find that people even use the term when the game is over after just one shot and the other player didn't even had One shot.

Edited at 12:27 Fri 24/01/14 (GMT)
fuunky
fuunky
14:23 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most people will think the game was crap when they lose, but It's what you call good sportsmanship, not sure if you've heard of that before?

I guess some people see if different but that's why the majority say it after every game!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:34 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I always say it after every game. Or wp, just as a sign of sportsmanship.

However, I despise people who say it when the game is not yet over, as it completely distracts from the game.

Some people will say, turn off the chat, but sometimes if i am having a friendly chat with someone, it is nice to have it on.

But yeah, saying gg, gl, wp are all things I like to see from everyone, whether they have just 7 balled me, fluked a 9ball, or ive snookered them 100 times and won, its all good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:38 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I for one dont use the term when i knew the opposition who lost had a crap game. I believe common sense and logic as well as being practical should prevail.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well then don't say it. It's just common decency and polite to say it (regardless of how good the game actually was) to acknowledge the fact the other person actually played it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:43 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some people don't say anything, a few rage quit if they lose, a few will stay to the end of a high in a straight game.

Everyone is different, I like it when someone says gg, as its like a handshake at the end of the football match, or the end of a tennis game, its just a sign of sportsmanship.
fuunky
fuunky
14:46 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I for one dont use the term when i knew the opposition who lost had a crap game. I believe common sense and logic as well as being practical should prevail.

I see this thread comes just after losing a numerous amount of games which is quite amusing, sore losers always have different opinions!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:58 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am going to pretend I didn't see the sore loser comment; i would have still had the same view on the "gg" term had my percentage 90% plus. My point is saying gg game is just senseless when your on the receiving end of less favorable results. Thus it just dont make sense to use the term when it is Not deserved. People apply the term incorrectly which was my point in the original post. It's like telling your wife she is sexy when in fact you know she is overweight and needs to do something about it. So instead of lying to a person just keep quit or say it like it is.

Edited at 13:09 Fri 24/01/14 (GMT)
tinie
tinie
16:28 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am going to pretend I didn't see the sore loser comment; i would have still had the same view on the "gg" term had my percentage 90% plus. My point is saying gg game is just senseless when your on the receiving end of less favorable results. Thus it just dont make sense to use the term when it is Not deserved. People apply the term incorrectly which was my point in the original post. It's like telling your wife she is sexy when in fact you know she is overweight and needs to do something about it. So instead of lying to a person just keep quit or say it like it is.

Edited at 13:09 Fri 24/01/14 (GMT)

Pahaha that made me chuckle
_egotistical
_egotistical
16:50 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think you're putting too much a meaning into the phrase. For me, in the funkypool context it replaces a physical handshake.

I often don't say gg after every frame, but will always acknowledge good games after the final game with that player, regardless of how good or bad the games were. It's a show of respect.

The vast majority of regular players are very respectful and always acknowledge a good shot or a particularly good finish etc. On the whole it's a very well mannered site.
tinie
tinie
17:19 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think you're putting too much a meaning into the phrase. For me, in the funkypool context it replaces a physical handshake.

I often don't say gg after every frame, but will always acknowledge good games after the final game with that player, regardless of how good or bad the games were. It's a show of respect.

The vast majority of regular players are very respectful and always acknowledge a good shot or a particularly good finish etc. On the whole it's a very well mannered site.

Not sure i agree with this part, you've clearly not came across some of the sites rather distasteful members.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Not sure i agree with this part, you've clearly not came across some of the sites rather distasteful members.

That tinie....he's the worst! Always going on 40+ runs in straight and not letting anyone else have a shot
_egotistical
_egotistical
18:31 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Oh, I've came across of them over the years. I still reckon the vast majority are alright though.
skater_paul
skater_paul
19:25 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i find it very patronizing , not what i would call sportsman like at all

gl wp and ns is ok i guess
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:51 Fri 24 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
gg is propper and a handshake with the words being spoken, thats proper in the real sport.

But on here...i ONLY say it ANYMORE to people who i consider friends, or if i make a new friend in that first game with a new person, ill say it then too.

I dont talk in games no more, unless its with a friend.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The "good game" term

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.