Tournament discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
tinie
tinie
23:30 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thank the lord and get on your knees for theeee baff has removed micros!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:33 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
We got ranked
We got marathon
but we got no micros

PRAIIIIIIIISE THE LORD!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:44 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you listen carefully, you can hear the players who often go for the day, week and month events sobbing away
poolbiird
poolbiird
23:48 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
We just need rid of arcade now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:51 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
finally bigger numbers back into the tournaments not always 6-10 players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:55 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
need the ranking system to come back now along with 8ball and 9ball pro tables
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:57 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is brilliant!! Finally some sense :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:12 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Next step, bye bye Arcade
silenthill
silenthill
00:15 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Next step, bye bye Arcade

Ahem nooo. Next step bring back 8 ball us marathon and get rid of the 00:25 9 ball marathon

Way to go Baff, didn't mind micros but im sure alot more people will return now that micros have gone... As for the "get rid of arcade games" keep 8 ball arcade.. But get rid of 9 ball arcade
_giants
_giants
00:24 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nearly everyone posting in favour of micros being scrapped is in a clan.

Most players favour tournaments, including micros, or clan games.

As nearly all clan players post on the forums and the majority of other players don't, the forum isn't a good indicator of how popular micros are.

People had the choice to join micros or not, and a lot of players did, so scrapping them only caters to a vocal few. The minority have been listened to here
poolbiird
poolbiird
00:28 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nearly everyone posting in favour of micros being scrapped is in a clan.

Most players favour tournaments, including micros, or clan games.

As nearly all clan players post on the forums and the majority of other players don't, the forum isn't a good indicator of how popular micros are.

So the minority have been listened to here.

If the majority don't take the time to read the forums then obviously they wont get a say
_giants
_giants
00:31 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
And the forums are a major part of game-play how? Just because they don't read the forums doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to play the games they want to.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:34 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, the majority of people giving feedback have been listened to. Game developers can't listen to you if you don't talk, they're going to listen to what is said.

The micro tournament had dropped in interest, from introduction when they would be constantly filled in seconds to it taking a lot longer to get 8 to join or not even manage that when not at peak times.

That's because there are low numbers in ranked games and friendlies, so people look to tournaments instead of waiting in a room because a tournament can guarantee more games. This way people might be able to go back to ranked games.

The majority of forum posters are those here long term, those who don't post are often those who won't be here in a month or two. Listen to the ones who stick by the site instead of those who flock away
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:38 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
This should also make tournaments actually valuable again, nowadays you don't have to be any good to win tournaments. Those at the top of the tournapoints are usually the ones who play in the most through the day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:38 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, the majority of people giving feedback have been listened to. Game developers can't listen to you if you don't talk, they're going to listen to what is said.

The micro tournament had dropped in interest, from introduction when they would be constantly filled in seconds to it taking a lot longer to get 8 to join or not even manage that when not at peak times.

That's because there are low numbers in ranked games and friendlies, so people look to tournaments instead of waiting in a room because a tournament can guarantee more games. This way people might be able to go back to ranked games.

The majority of forum posters are those here long term, those who don't post are often those who won't be here in a month or two. Listen to the ones who stick by the site instead of those who flock away

Could not agree more
poolbiird
poolbiird
00:40 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thank you Zante...... I probably wouldn't have explained it as good as that but its basically what I meant haha
the__priest
the__priest
00:52 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
time will tell

the site should have voted on this and not the limited few who don't play micros

there are more players play micros than there is tournaments because of time constraints

the big month tournaments have suffered a massive drop in participation, it proves the tournaments wont get bigger with longevity they will in the short term then crash and burn

the argument is a simple one if you didn't play micros you've lost nothing anyway

whats been done here is a game type has been removed by people who don't play them

i don't play straight to often as many players don't
lets remove that

the majority hasn't spoken here, the minority who dont play them have

yes well done baff
lets watch what happens here now

i hope it works and numbers increase, laughable really that micros had such a big input into the decreasing numbers on this site
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
01:29 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have won something like 150 tournaments on here! 98% were based on the old ranked system! It took me months to win my first and believe me I was made up to win a game at the time! I think this change will be fantastic for the site! I don't think someone who can be on here for 24 hours and play a game with no challenge can be classed as the best! I'd love to see the ranking system to be reset and the overall tourns reset and fixed to a date! This will give a new challenge to new members! Take ouna for example he has 1000+, what if we had a old and new rank and tourn league!

I have a new idea!

Base the leaders based on years

For example

8us 2013 pool player
Overall 2014 ouna

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:49 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I like what ya saying crazzy... either reset ranks and go back to beginning for EVERYONE, that means the highest ranks and all that or bring back the old ranking system.

Because at this time, no one will ever reach the best highest rank in most game types, so whats the point of having it there?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:56 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's about time something was done on this site that was actually wanted by the people that post on these matters, praise be the baff!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tournament discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.