Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
02:04 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Baff has changed it Craig as a trial so don't take it to heart! This was done by the team to see the overall impact on games for all members not just those that can post! This isn't a permanent fixture and all feedback will be fed back to the team (admin) the title of this thread should maybe be changed so Baff doesn't get all the abuse

Chris! I'm on my ipad so can't quote all! Your argument is always about the ranking system which is correct and this can't be argued due to the weighting system which I know works we'll !?! I agree that the ranking system works great now versus the old days but I think the majority would like to see ranked gone in a tournament games and I can't see why this shouldn't happen! The system favours people who can spend the most time on the game versus skill as it is today (no disrespect here to anyone)

Bring back micros as a practice game for people to play!

I'm my opinion this will increase the amount of games away from clans /ranked . As I think Keith said clans are the most popular on here so this will always deflect ranked games!

whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:08 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Only two things would get new members in and keep them here.
To get new members in, the game needs to be playable on phones/tablets.

To keep members here, the number of tournaments needs to be reduced to one tournament every 2 hours at most. Tourney inflation has made them meaningless for everyone involved. I fully agree with whoever said it's what made this addictive in the beginning. I remember struggling big time to get my first tourney.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:11 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
To crazzy...

The ranking system only works now because of the ranked tournaments.

You can only take them away if you want to go back to high score tables as opposed to ranking tables.

To Seb...

Fully agree re the tablets but tournaments have been one per hour since at least 2006 when I started and it was never a problem then?
the__priest
the__priest
02:18 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've taken nothing to heart

It's restricted a choice, for many over a minority who don't play in them

Why restrict choice in the first place
If players don't want to play in any game type it's their choice

Why change something some people liked

Who and what has been benefitted through restricting a choice

Look at the figures on how many games have been played on given game types they've all got people playing them stats are there for all to see

Millions and millions of games have been played in all game types

Its maybe not your cup of tea but it maybe someone else's

Choice
it's been restricted for no soulful purpose

You are the custodians of this site provide the choices and let the people choose what they want to do on the site and let them enjoy what they want to do

Not be guided into things they don't
franer_
franer_
02:35 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Only two things would get new members in and keep them here.
To get new members in, the game needs to be playable on phones/tablets..

This i am in total agreement with...the times have changed..they are changing..and this is a possible way of keeping players+getting more players.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
02:44 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree but you can't take away or change unless you reset the old system as rank can not be based on today's games! I'd love to see the game on a ipad which I have noticed a lot of members post off ( me included ) how can the rank system work these days as there are not many virtuoso on in each type! That's why I find it hard to compare! Keep the old and add a section for new! A blank system brings a bright new challenge to all

Edited at 00:48 Fri 07/03/14 (GMT)
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
02:45 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Double post sorry

Edited by forum moderator crazzymadman, at 00:47 Fri 07/03/14 (GMT)
dvz
dvz
05:03 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
any 1 for a beer?

Edited at 03:23 Fri 07/03/14 (GMT)
the__priest
the__priest
11:47 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Breakdown of Games Played by Event
Game Accumulated Games
8 Ball Arcade 997,639
9 Ball Arcade 1,502,029

8 Ball Billiards 7,348,915
9 Ball Billiards 7,977,467
8 Ball Pool UK 14,783,018
Killer Pool 425,811
Straight Pool 652,974

Mini Golf 569,599
Overall 34,257,452

reading the above if people suggest the scraping of game types was based on popularity
then wake up and smell the coffee

arcade games are popular the proof is there to be seen
again is it possible the players wanting to scrap arcade don't play in them

also it proves what ive said about CHOICE

its a shame the participation figures aren't there for micros and main tournaments

because im sure there will be mass participation in micros too

instead of being herded into playing ranked games do what this site was intended for

fun and players own choice

stop bowing to the minority on here and look at the silent majority

you are killing morning pool
and remember its a free site

maybe look at root causes of ranked games not being played
clan leagues well to many games to play
if players had less time in clans they'd possibly play more ranked games
equals less aggravation and rudeness and more fun for all

again this also choice
the__priest
the__priest
12:04 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
people harp on about meaningless rankings, tournament points,
medals, golden cue, big straight breaks

there are players on here who don't participate in clans and are still some of the best players on this site and can often be found playing ranked games against anyone
not worrying about winning or loosing
its just about playing
i will name one as an example Lordpool he is often on here
playing ranked games and never seems to fail to get games
he isn't afraid of playing games
top players stop harping about lack of ranked games make the rooms and play them its your choice

so meaningless rankings of any type and anybody slating them is again a choice

all rankings of any type are all about ego there is no difference between any of the above... its all ego and trying to be the best you can
whether acknowledged or frowned upon

so to differentiate between any is totally wrong
you may say status you may also say bragging rights
how about saying nothing or well done rather than slating anyone over any achievement made

as ive said look at ranked games, how many players complaining are making ranked games night after night in all game types

you encourage it and im sure you will find games, but don't spoil others enjoyment on your quest for ranked games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pointing out the number of games played in Arcade in comparison to the number of games played in Straight + Killer is a pointless statistic. It takes between 1 and 3 minutes AT MOST to play a game of arcade. It takes from 5 minutes up to 30 minutes to play a game of killer or straight. Also, when you joined a ranked game of 9arc you would generally play anything from 5 frames up to 20 frames with that random opponent because they are quick and easy. I can 100% guarantee that if an opponent joins my game of ranked straight they would only play 1 game. The exception to this is a small handful of players that are top straight players/my mates.
the__priest
the__priest
14:50 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
You've missed the point people are saying it's not popular
Sorry but it is
And with straight and killer being on the site a significant time longer

I'm saying it isn't for people to restrict choice because they don't like it

Live and let live

As I've said it may not be yours or others cup of tea
But it is others

Don't restrict people's choice

And the sooner baff sorts out micros the better
Again it's peoples choice that's being restricted and being herded to play ranked games isn't right
erigert
erigert
16:00 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
why snooker has twice the people online than pool?
has anyone of the admins ever made that question and find a reply as i really want to know?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:19 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
has anyone of the admins ever made that question and find a reply as i really want to know?

More round things?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:02 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

One clan league, very simple.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
19:36 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The way it should be here but if suggested in the discussion threads it would turn into an argument that would go on and on for weeks and get nowhere, 3 leagues run by the same people and the same teams playing each other, I just don't see the point of that.

Lets take this conversation to the league discussion threads so this thread can stay on topic.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:57 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree with ab. Players have had plenty of offers to reduce the leagues but have always wanted more games.

I guess therefore its a case of offering that choice. Those that want to will take part, and those that don't want to won't and the excess league(s) may die naturally.

I have always wondered whether, with hindsight, one combined snooker/pool site would have been beneficial. Assuming that any online search still led people to find that site for both pool and snooker then it would have combined the membership on one site rather than dividing it across two. After all they are essentially one and the same site and both enjoyed by the same members to some extent or another. Benefits would include no site swapping for lazy people, and I would imagine a few less resets as I am sure there are some that reset or deactivate their stats/account on one site when they would have no intention of giving up their stats on the other.

I have also wondered whether, with such a relatively small active membership there ever comes a cut off point below which the continued running of a site becomes economically unviable? I would be interested to know as I have no idea on website running costs v income streams. I hope not but if there was such a potential scenario then maybe that might focus the minds of all concerned on both sides (staff and members) to really try and seek a positive future.

Again, whether all of this is possible given the competition in gaming that is now out there I don't know. All I do know is that for anyone that doesn't play any other games or have a games console, like me, lets hope it is possible.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:14 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Interesting idea about merging the two sites, Chris. Only potential problem I could see is that some players don't have the same usernames on both sites?

As for the leagues, I agree that there needs to be a sort out. I know they're all optional as to whether a clan joins them, but having a potential 7 fixtures (plus the optional individual championships) can be quite a mission to get them all played in a 2 and a half week period.
The SL is, in my few, the best format. Games are long enough with 4 frames each, you get rewarded if you play well enough to earn an event and it involves killer. They seem to be more enjoyable than FCL and FBL in my opinion. I also like the format for the GSC, merging all three leagues together into one cup.

Be interesting to hear other peoples views, to be honest.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:19 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think any clan discussion should continue in the FCL discussion thread so we can keep this thread on topic please.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:25 Fri 7 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tournament discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.