Watching Clan Games

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
horse10000
horse10000
22:46 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There certainly used to be a rule that both players had to agree to allow other players watching their game.

I have always backed that both players should be allowed to invite who they want, early gg's etc and chat does not put you off, if you are missing because of that you are using it as an excuse.

A huge part of clans should be the team involvement factor which not allowing other players in removes.

I have never had a problem anyone watching my games whether i play good or bad in fact i enjoy the banter

It is players who take games / clans that serious who have removed the enjoyment from clans which i think more and more are finding is the case now.
_niall_
_niall_
22:47 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There certainly used to be a rule that both players had to agree to allow other players watching their game.

I have always backed that both players should be allowed to invite who they want, early gg's etc and chat does not put you off, if you are missing because of that you are using it as an excuse.

A huge part of clans should be the team involvement factor which not allowing other players in removes.

I have never had a problem anyone watching my games whether i play good or bad in fact i enjoy the banter

It is players who take games / clans that serious who have removed the enjoyment from clans which i think more and more are finding is the case now.

Nail on the head, as usual!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:50 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i always thought that it was a fact that both players should agree to ppl watching tbh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:59 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
IF opponent doesn't have a problem then watch by all means, good to have them sometimes, a little banter, moral support (ie if Captain watches), etc.

However on the flip side IF the opponent says no then just get on with the match, don't need support or someone hold your hand. Some players do use the spectators as an excuse for a misjudgement in positioning or missing a shot they would usually 'pot/eat for brekkie'.

Spectators should merely just be that, speak when spoken too and if not button lipped and watch the game unfold. Nothing wrong with saying gg/ul/wp etc but during a clan match some might still be that cheesed off with themselves it will just probably intensify their mood swings even more.

I don't have any problem with players wanting spectators but my personal preference is I don't want any. Could stem down too concentration or even a lack of confidence issue, who cares that's my problem and not something I want others to witness.
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:13 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I generally allow it unless i don't like the person.
If someone speaks and it annoys me I ask politely hey pal can you be quiet?
If it continued at the end of the frame id ask them to leave lmao.

About putting off some people say it an excuse blah blah, for me I have been put off by people in the past and i honestly think I'd of potted if someone had not spoken, well typed lmao.

But yeah I generally allow unless I think they are going to annoy me :)
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
23:27 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
anyone can come in my room as lomng as they fetch 16 cans of export
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:30 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I've said this for a long time, if you are taking any part of funkypool seriously you need to have a long, hard look at yourself...

Agreed but some people do is my point.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Again horse you say you are not put off and people who say they are aren't, what makes you right and them wrong.

For example I don't care who is speaking in a room while I play I just play anyway but if I get involved in banter and what not I KNOW I play worse. That might not be the same for you so am I wrong? Does typing not affect my game? I know the answer regardless but I would be interested to see if I am lying or making excuses when I never have in the past.

And as for sapping fun out of clans how is wanting to play your game against your opponent and only your opponent sapping the fun of of clans? I think everything else that has been allowed on the forums for so long has done more of that.

I honestly do not get why wanting to play in a quiet room if that is your wish is seen as you being obtuse. Surely making an issue out of nothing by not getting someone you want to watch when the other player doesn't want it is actually more detrimental to the fun and good sportsmanship of the league.
cke1982
cke1982
23:43 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought it was a standing league rule that a watcher needs permission from both players. Could've swore I've read it somewhere.
Just looked for it though, and I can't even find the issue mentioned in the FCL rules.

thats what i thought it was as well

people watching doesnt put me off but might other people so u should be asked whether its ok if someone watches

Edited at 20:47 Fri 25/04/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:49 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't like it and don't let other people in very often, maybe only twice so far.
_huts24_
_huts24_
23:57 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
its best all round if no Spectators watch clans games , no excuses then or accusations after as 1 player will always lose and the other win .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:07 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i really couldn't care less, if its someone I don't like I stick them on ignore, I generally really don't mind who watches, I don't think moral support from the captain is anything special, you can support someone via pm if need be.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:03 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it's good for people to watch as long as it doesn't get in the way of the game like waiting for a spectator to come online. Of course, on the other hand there is a mutual respect to be adhered to, which includes the right to play the match under no obligations or scrutiny. It can be a mental barrier people have or extra pressure felt by a clan newbie but people have the right to refuse spectators. Flip that though, and you could say it is respectful to allow spectators if it is the opponents wishes as long as it doesn't interfere with yours. As long as both players are allowed the same opportunity then whatever decision is made has to be accepted by both players.

As a personal note, through my years of experience it is often (but in no way limited to) players with bad attitudes that tend to refuse spectators for various reasons. There are genuine reasons for refusal, so at the end of the day all that would be left is to get on with the match. I welcome all spectators, if one of my clan mates asks to watch I ask if they can and 9 times out of 10 my opponent is happy to let them. If my opponent asks I try to get some of my own to get a bit of atmosphere and banter, even if it's not a clan mate, neutrals are welcome.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:59 Thu 1 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i used to hate spectators as zante said it is a mental problem as it adds more pressure to my game (like when i play Seb or Dest). Over time i have tried to deal with it but im not their yet.

A little bit of advice though, if your not comfortable then as real players do which is get up from the shot, compose yourself then realign your aim.

you can talk but if opponent is put off by this then i would stay quiet and talk inside pms (group messaging would be useful). i would only speak to recognise good shots, frame ends or if the 1 minute warning appears. On Snooker i stay quiet if the guy is on a maximum (after break reaches 50+).

i would rather not have spectators but depending on my mood i may allow them and i would respect the opponents views.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Watching Clan Games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.