FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19899
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
02:05 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I take it all back now I've nearly got a full team. You can close the can of worms i opened now haha
erigert
erigert
02:16 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some people have already started to eat the worms :)
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
02:40 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't know if id prefer one big league or two small ones. What does everyone else think?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
05:47 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Id like to have 2 Leagues but have 2 Simultaneous live tables and introduce Relegations and Promotions after certain stages DURING the season.

I think it could spice up the Clan World and incorporate a little more FUN.

Like they do in the Premier Darts, players get eliminated after a certain amount of weeks.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:50 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I like the way things work at the moment, play each other once then split into the 2 leagues if we have a lot of teams.
_huts24_
_huts24_
08:59 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I like the way things work at the moment, play each other once then split into the 2 leagues if we have a lot of teams.

Play each other once is fine but I hate when it splits and 5th place wins the 2nd div . 5th place shouldn't win anything in my view :)

Edited at 07:24 Tue 10/03/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:34 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
There's lots of pluses in splitting the league after 1 game.
-the divisions are totally fair based on ability
-teams play against teams of their own ability more means players more likely to enjoy it and stay in clans
-big results against smaller clans have less impact on the title
-gives clans something to battle for, doesn't do any harm to anyone being called 2nd division champions.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
09:45 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That works for me. Id hate to lose the title because someone battered a weaker team heavier than you lol
hippesville
hippesville
21:04 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most of the people calling for a reduction in numbers are people that are struggling to fill their clan. It seems like vested interests rather than what's good for the league. I find it easy to recruit up to 16, so obviously I'm against any reduction. The same people that can't recruit 16 would still struggle to recruit 12 if we added more clans to the competition.

Pro's benefited this season from not having an active 16 and giving their best players more games, they maybe had 12 active players and yet 8 v 8 wasn't a problem for them. The FCL has been the best competition since I joined the leagues and it would be a crying shame to see it changed.

taking the point I've highlighted on board, other clans would find it easier to sign players as some of the reliable folk from the likes of pro's, ub's and upstarts would have to go elsewhere to play if they wanted to continue.
But for the sake of less defaults 16 should keep that to a minimum. The suggestion of 14 players in a clan again would obviously have less defaults, but in the big scheme of things, default scores come under scrutiny and there's always people miffed at outcome.

If it ain't broke don't fix it???
punkpoet
punkpoet
21:19 Tue 10 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tbh folks I don't get why we are discussing numbers in clans.
For me the main problem arguments, now about 90% of them revolve around subs. Not the amount of players.
In fact on snooker they reduced and got more defaults?
16 is fine, I do think that people need to find a way that we can have subs which can't be manipulated.
Maybe as I have said before we could have sub requests? where a team has to request a sub and give a reason. Then the other team can agree or disagree.
hippesville
hippesville
00:29 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sub Request Thread????

Gawd I dunno, surely it couldn't be as bad as last season and folk have learned their lessons!! Altho what got me most was the clan members who felt the need to chip in when it had nothing to do with them
Remove points???

Ideally it should be left to Captains, and, League runners.
I know the runners have enough on their plates but if there was a thread then it would make keeping up with the shenanigans would be easier for them to evaluate for defaults.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:42 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i messaged team captains last season regarding subs after all the arguments occurred so i didnt post a sub unless i got a reply or an ok from the other team captains
hippesville
hippesville
01:07 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:22 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shouldn't have to feel like you need to ask permission though, we represent our own team and it's own affairs. Compromising or keeping to verbal deadlines is a good way to go - so set deadline's for when any action will be carried out and adhere to it.

I won't ask anyone's permission for anything, only that from the League Runner if I feel their assistance be required. Most Captains are inconsistent and will tend to their mates enquiries over others who they do not have a repau with. That's human nature.

This Season, Fearless Knights will NOT be making any subs within the first week from Release and swaps WILL be made as a last resort or unless absolutely necessary.

Agree with Zac, arguments usually stemmed from subs/swaps or the method which a message were inappropriately conveyed. This in itself increased the risk for misinterpretation and that on top with the usual suspects and their band wagon created a hostile and unpleasant atmosphere for many within Clans.

Hopefully with our procedures been made transparent we can ALL try to enjoy a Nice yet Competitive Season ahead.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If people genuinely want a better league without all the crap then they should remove forum posts from default info and only consider messages.
It is the system that forces people to write on each other's threads and cause arguments where everything could be dealt with offline and changing the rules for defaults would mean that people would deal with sub requests through offline messages.
Captains could properly discuss subs through before they're done that way too, all messages are still there and usable if someone is being unreasonable...just world war 3 doesn't break out over it.
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:48 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If people genuinely want a better league without all the crap then they should remove forum posts from default info and only consider messages.

like ^
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
03:11 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

like ^

Totally agree as this promotes people making more of an effort posting on the forums and sending reminders rather than focusing on getting the game played!

I haven't played as much as some of you guys in the clans in the recents seasons but I haven't had any issues getting my games played apart from my times being on here night v day! If you can't compromise in a two week period then there is something wrong.

However with respect for my player and a message to both captains all my games have been completed! This has happened over at least three or four of my games and not once did this need to be posted on the forums!!!!

If people concentrated their efforts on private messages and trying to get a game played we wouldn't have half the issues! But the rule says prove you have been active so everyone will post and try and prove otherwise!

Shame really
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:40 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Disagree as if I have gone 7 days with no reply from my opponent and I post on the threads asking for an alternative I want all the efforts I have made to be shown as evidence in defaults. Getting a game played isn't just a case of messaging opponents as on two occasions during the season just passed I didn't have an opponent to arrange with at a point in the fixture so how can only my messages be taken as evidence as I didn't message anyone, I couldnt.

Nothing wrong with defaults as they were under Chris it's all the other crap. If you want to get rid of it people need to look at themselves and not the rules.
faust
faust
12:00 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If someone doesn't reply to a message, then the game will definitely default if you don't post on the threads. As far as I can recall, "all the crap" and arguing all revolved around one clan this season, and it was nothing to do with posting on the threads to strengthen default cases. It can be mildly annoying, but I didn't see it cause any big arguments.

We have 3 captains at Uprising, so if one of our players hasn't responded to a message, I welcome players posting it on our thread so one of us can take action. It makes more sense than having to mail all 3 of us individually.
the__priest
the__priest
14:18 Wed 11 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
agree with the above post

however the crap posted on threads to get a game played after 24 hours of a fixture being posted, is appalling to say the least, this is what needs stamping out

and people who have nothing to do with games having
their say, captains of opposing teams have their say too

after 24 hours

sort this and fun may return
Pages: 19899
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.