FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:54 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
10 for a holiday club/creche sounds about right, what happens when a player wins the gold star chart? Do they become Monkey of the jungle or to they get promoted to Gorilla. (called a joke)

10 players for a clan, way too low, 12 minimum would be fine, that being said the Formats will need to ne altered but change is good. Refreshes things and brings a little more life and hopefully some more character to the clan world.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:59 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
2 players from each team released would make another team surely?

Probably not as most teams will lost their inactive ones so not really a team you would want anyway

I would like the number of games reduced as well to 6 instead of 8 for FCL and teams of 12 rather than 14. I know this is far too radical for most though

while i think reducing games is a good idea because less likely for defaults but reducing team members cancels each other out.

right now if we have 16 with 8 games thats 8 subs. if we reduce to 12 thats 6 subs if we choose 6 games (4 if 8 games) and if we reduce to 14 (may be a good idea) it will be the same as it is if we did it under the current system.

at the same time if we reduce to 6 games it would be like FCL Cup but +1 in games. if i remember people did not like the Cup because of the 'mickey mouse' style of play where the best team did not always win but thats what i liked about the Cup and thats what it is all about, 'unpredictability'

14 players and 6 games or the current system is my vote.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Probably not as most teams will lost their inactive ones so not really a team you would want anyway

I would like the number of games reduced as well to 6 instead of 8 for FCL and teams of 12 rather than 14. I know this is far too radical for most though

while i think reducing games is a good idea because less likely for defaults but reducing team members cancels each other out.

right now if we have 16 with 8 games thats 8 subs. if we reduce to 12 thats 6 subs if we choose 6 games (4 if 8 games) and if we reduce to 14 (may be a good idea) it will be the same as it is if we did it under the current system.

at the same time if we reduce to 6 games it would be like FCL Cup but +1 in games. if i remember people did not like the Cup because of the 'mickey mouse' style of play where the best team did not always win but thats what i liked about the Cup and thats what it is all about, 'unpredictability'

14 players and 6 games or the current system is my vote.

I agree mate,
erigert
erigert
15:08 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

if that happens too, than i dont know what other challenges are left in this site. It is a dead site at the moment, we should encourage a system which can make a new player want to join clans, not reduce the number of the games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if i remember people did not like the Cup because of the 'mickey mouse' style of play where the best team did not always win

Don't fall for that one, the best team of five players always won. The difference was that teams with five good players could compete with anyone in the Cup games however once you dropped down to bring in three more of a slightly lower level then that is where they could not compete against eight good players in the League games.

No changes have to be made before next season. Seasons come round quickly enough so that these things can be considered fully without rushing in.

The one thing that does intrigue me with lower numbers is what would happen with the best clans if some of their players became inactive. Currently it is not an issue for them with so many available replacements.

With a smaller clan size then they would have to do what most other clans have to do now and recruit players from the new or waiting pool of free agents or else suffer defaults. Now that does put all clans into a level playing field.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think they would go inactive but then return as it would be a way of cutting their nose off to spite their face. It would level teams a little more, maybe even generate newer teams - would add more competition and definitely spice up the leagues.

Every one wants to win as much as any one else just all teams lack the amount of quality players as the top 2, hopefully Phoenix and Black Scorpions can turn that in to a myth.

I think 14 would be fine.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I must admit I do think some such clans would simply fold rather than have to bring in whatever available players were around. Again that would be quite revealing about what drives some people in clans - a genuine challenge not being one of them!!
faust
faust
16:11 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I must admit I do think some such clans would simply fold rather than have to bring in whatever available players were around. Again that would be quite revealing about what drives some people in clans - a genuine challenge not being one of them!!

I don't think that's quite true Chris. Cutting numbers would benefit Pro's, as they have about 10 active top players anyway.

We at Uprising strive for success, as any team does. We've also not had a single season without a "genuine challenge". This is the first season we've ever won anything!

Any team forced to cut down on numbers won't be releasing their best players though will they? Cutting numbers would condense the talent rather than spread it out.

Five teams will all be capable of beating each other next season, which will be even more competitive than this season. Is this not an example of a system working?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:32 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
true Chris but MVP perhaps the best ever clan in league terms but failed to win the cup until their last few seasons i think and that was due to the 5 vs 5 aspect. In the FCL i think i have missed out on 4 titles (FCL is the only title what eludes me) because MVP was the better clan although we gave them close games with Wipeout, Untouchables and Snooker Squad.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:37 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I don't think that's quite true Chris. Cutting numbers would benefit Pro's, as they have about 10 active top players anyway.

We at Uprising strive for success, as any team does. We've also not had a single season without a "genuine challenge". This is the first season we've ever won anything!

Any team forced to cut down on numbers won't be releasing their best players though will they? Cutting numbers would condense the talent rather than spread it out.

Five teams will all be capable of beating each other next season, which will be even more competitive than this season. Is this not an example of a system working?

well said mate Uprising is the eclipse of All Starz perhaps the best two clans not to win the league at the time and both teams deserve a title but unfortunately for Starz they just missed out to us last few seasons but Uprising did well to win the title which is fully deserved
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

It certainly would not benefit them - it just would not affect them as long as those players stayed active. However we have seen that doesn't always happen. That is where the evening out would come if some of those players needed replacing mid season.
cke1982
cke1982
20:34 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if cutting teams down to size bring back pre season friendlys so teams can sign players and then see if there active for a few fixtures and can cut inactive players before the season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:41 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if cutting teams down to size bring back pre season friendlys so teams can sign players and then see if there active for a few fixtures and can cut inactive players before the season

That's a fair point mate, I think that should be part of the compromise lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:18 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Pre-season friendlies have never gone way. There are a few going on now. Why should runners have extra work when teams can arrange them themselves and work out for themselves who they want in their clan and who they don't?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:21 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Pre-season friendlies have never gone way. There are a few going on now. Why should runners have extra work when teams can arrange them themselves and work out for themselves who they want in their clan and who they don't?

Some teams refuse to play us though, for one reason or another, so setting some up and ensuring are mandatory is a good way to determine who's reliable and who isn't.

Even if just teams drawn at random.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:28 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If people refuse to play you then just arrange something internally. The end result will be the same.
the__priest
the__priest
13:33 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
10 for a holiday club/creche sounds about right, what happens when a player wins the gold star chart? Do they become Monkey of the jungle or to they get promoted to Gorilla. (called a joke)

10 players for a clan, way too low, 12 minimum would be fine, that being said the Formats will need to ne altered but change is good. Refreshes things and brings a little more life and hopefully some more character to the clan world.

to say your a joke is so well off the mark ash
I could say more but your not worth a flush

but you truly are a man of all men

if your knowledge of fun is like your knowledge of football

im surprised your not playing 45 players
with most polishing your cubicle floor and handle

4-4-2 joke of the year
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:09 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

4-4-2 joke of the year

At least Ash's sentences make sense you plum!! Stick to pictures, they are funnier than you.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:09 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

4-4-2 joke of the year

You're post has what to do with the topic in discussion....Nothing!
IF you got nothing to say then don't say anything, go back to Gulliver's Kingdom (Jacobs Ladder)
the__priest
the__priest
15:38 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

4-4-2 joke of the year

You're post has what to do with the topic in discussion....Nothing!
IF you got nothing to say then don't say anything, go back to Gulliver's Kingdom (Jacobs Ladder)

TBH

your cheap jibes leave a lot to be desired

now a question Ashley, why do you keep having digs at MBzz

is it anything at all to do with you

the answer is simply NO

all you do on this site is stir and cause trouble and try to gain a reaction, you truly are a very unpleasant person

I was warned recently for less than your doing

I ask why ,,,,,,,,,, ????????????

well Admin please answer that... one rule for some and one for another
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.