World Cup 2014

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:35 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's one respect but we don't need that really. We need pace for a fast attack. lambert should be an impact sub when we need a goal
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Cannot play any other way?

Rooney, Gerrard, Barkley, Ox, Lallana, Sterling and Sturridge are all brilliant with their feet, most who I named are exceptionally quick, some of them can find the killer pass, and a few of them have killer finishing.

I am sure you are watching Sunday league players with these players names on their back...

And that is without going onto Shaw Baines and Johnson who are all quick good with the ball can put a cross in...

Brilliant as individuals not a team, really hope they prove me otherwise, then I can say i were impressed and WRONG.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:38 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

henderson started off good went rubbish sturidge gerrard started off rubbish had better 2nd half of season johnson cant defend more like a winger flanno to many fouls and got ripped down wings in last few games same think to many games caught up with a lot of lfc players and see how they do in world cup

Sturridge scored 10 goals in his first 11 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions. VERY BAD START.

Gerrard and Henderson have been great all season, some of the link up work Henderson has done with the front two and the midfield has been excellent.

You really are not a Liverpool fan are you?

Have not seen you say 1 positive thing about them in what has been our most successful season in years.

I've noticed that, it enrages me, this our first ever premier league season where we have gone into the final day with a chance of winning the title, and this was a poor season?

I would hate to see what you would have said if Liverpool had have won the title, probably that Gerrard doesn't deserve or something like that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So you never watched the last world cup where we had Crouch who could do exactly the same? That never worked for us then when we had the likes of Gerrard and Lampard in their prime, Rooney in terrific form.

Sorry but I ain't an advocate of the Stoke/West Ham hoof to a big striker see if he can hold it up while players bomb on to try and get on the end of it. I like attractive attacking passing and possession football and we have the squad and players for that. will make it very hard for teams to wear us down.

Lol please don't swear to a Port Vale fan lol. Yes I did watch and saw opponents struggle, Lambert is better than Crouch by miles, shame not to see him selected as his England records pretty impressive. Just not accurate enough.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Not as a team?

Sturridge 7 assists
Sterling 7 assists
Gerrard 13 assists
Rooney 10 assists
Barkley 3 assists
Lallana 7 assists
Ox 2 assists.

^^ In all competitions this season... or so espnfc states.

So yeah, all can easily play as a team players.
fuunky
fuunky
16:45 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
What's the reason England have never been able to compete upto now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
So you never watched the last world cup where we had Crouch who could do exactly the same? That never worked for us then when we had the likes of Gerrard and Lampard in their prime, Rooney in terrific form.

Sorry but I ain't an advocate of the Stoke/West Ham hoof to a big striker see if he can hold it up while players bomb on to try and get on the end of it. I like attractive attacking passing and possession football and we have the squad and players for that. will make it very hard for teams to wear us down.

Lol please don't swear to a Port Vale fan lol. Yes I did watch and saw opponents struggle, Lambert is better than Crouch by miles, shame not to see him selected as his England records pretty impressive. Just not accurate enough.

My point exactly is that we have tried the lumping to a tall guy routine and it has failed, look at all the successful clubs around Europe, how many of them smash it to a tall player to hold it up for the rest of the team to try move into space? How many of them pass their way around and try and manipulate holes in the defence?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Against Italy we have no chance crossing it in and holding it up unless we had Carroll playing because that Italian defence would be too good for that play. They're largely aged, pace will beat them. Uruguay will attack hard so we need to counter them and good passing in tight areas should be able I beat them. If the counter us we'll be done in. Costa Rica will be fearless and nothing to lose. We need 3 points against them and should get it if we play out own way and don't leave ourselves vulnerable.

I think we have a good chance to qualify given the circumstances. I don't think Italy or Uruguay are in much of a better position.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:46 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Not been good enough and been overhyped every time.

Now it seems the opposite, no one giving us a chance and none of our players are good enough when in fact we have one of the most talented squads we have had for a while attacking wise anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:47 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's their bloody Club team stats I'm on about all together in England. I know all are great players don't need be preached too or thrown statistics, as one team nation can they all play together...only time will tell.

Other teams have played alongside each other for ages, that in itself will give them the edge.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:49 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Fearless youth and players who haven't had the disappointment. Those that have had it are strong enough to come back from it and learn. We'll be happy with an underdog tag. No pressure
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

They play as individuals, played out of position to a formation they cant grasp. Foreign managers, restrict true communication, lack of passion and show no tactical versatility.

Hopefully under Hodgson we rekindle the passion, attacking flowing football, get our strikers involved and players played in correct positions. Need up tempo and none of this passing ball about all the time. Need creativity, agree we have the players this time but compared to other Squads ours appears miniscule (schoolboyish) in my opinion.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:53 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They come from 7 different clubs, the new blood playing all have some England experience and teammates from their domestic club. All but one player is from the premier league so they should know each other well from analysis of each other and just general spectating.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's their bloody Club team stats I'm on about all together in England. I know all are great players don't need be preached too or thrown statistics, as one team nation can they all play together...only time will tell.

Other teams have played alongside each other for ages, that in itself will give them the edge.

You never said International, you said the players are all individuals who can't play as a team.

I proved they can. Simple.

I will stop throwing you statistics when you stop throwing ridiculous statements out there.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:04 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If only time will tell, how can you say they can't play as a team? It makes no sense
fry06
fry06
18:53 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Id take Milner, versatility he has is good, he can defend is willin to play on either flank and I do believe he has covered at RB a few times.

Adam Johnson is a good player but isn't good enough for the world cup imo. He's a good player in a reasonable team, which makes him look better than he is, like Charlie Adam was at Blackpool.

Welbeck hasn't scored enough for a striker, but he is a worker for the team (it hurts to compliment a Man U player) why would Defoe go ahead of him when he didn't get a lot of game time at Spurs this season and is now at Toronto. ( I don't know enough about that league to comment at how good/bad it is)

Iv already said I don't think Smalling and Jones should have gone, but Smalling can cover RB if needed. Id have taken Stones or even Shawcross ahead of Jones.

As for our overall chances, I think its a tough group, but we do have good enough players to get out of it. Quarter finals aren't unachievable.

And on a plus side at least this squad isn't being called ' The Golden Generation'

Brazil to win, with Argentina and Spain 2nd and 3rd.Think the heat will get to the central European teams like England,Germany etc.
theshield
theshield
19:10 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Only way England will do well is if he can get a system where Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana, Ox and Welbeck to use there pace as most of the teams provisional squads ive seen the defence lack in lots of pace.

If England can get Rooney, Gerrard and Lamps to put a ball over top so those guys above can get in behind the defence using there pace there might be a chance. I do feel tho England lack a commanding CB like JT/Rio/Adams to name a few, so that could be the downfall of England in the end.

Fry, Stones can play RB aswell as CB, so he probs would have been a better choice over Smalling due to him been more inform than Smalling but i guess the fact that he aint got a proper England cap as made him miss out on the plane to Brazil unless somehow someone injures Jones/Smalling.
fry06
fry06
19:20 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with the commanding defender, think Cahill will or Jags will have to be the one to do that.

System will be important, can't see Woy doing anything amazing though.
theshield
theshield
19:28 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with the commanding defender, think Cahill will or Jags will have to be the one to do that.

System will be important, can't see Woy doing anything amazing though.

They aint a JT, Rio, Adams, Moore(never saw him just hear good things) tho, i also dont see a commanding CB coming through and that is a massive disappointment as England have always had a really good commanding CB up until JT n Rio retired.
cke1982
cke1982
14:07 Sun 10 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
henderson started off good went rubbish sturidge gerrard started off rubbish had better 2nd half of season johnson cant defend more like a winger flanno to many fouls and got ripped down wings in last few games same think to many games caught up with a lot of lfc players and see how they do in world cup
Sturridge scored 10 goals in his first 11 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions. VERY BAD START.
Gerrard and Henderson have been great all season, some of the link up work Henderson has done with the front two and the midfield has been excellent.what u smoking gerrard was awful start of season

say what u want pal u can think what u want i speak the truth henderson had a good season up to 2nd half of season and been sucessfull what have we won 2nd in the table ill say how great we are when we have silverware in the cabinet

sturidge had a good season looked burnt out when it came to the business end of the season sturridge needs to be more of a team player instead of having shots from stupid angles needs a better end product and pass ball to players in better pos i hes cause rogers was playing them 90 mins week in week out gerrard had a crap start to season done ok in 2 matches out of 38 maybe 4 take ur rose tinted red glasses off success means trophys what we havent had in rogers reign

Edited at 11:14 Sun 10/08/14 (BST)
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Cup 2014

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.