Killer Challenge Cup - News, Discussion & Results

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:41 Sat 31 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Its a really interesting suggestion. Having like 10 weeks of Clan Killer (one Killer game per week) with each clan able to put in one different player to each game each week. Each Killer game then being about 10 - 12 players depending on whether each clan has an eligible and available player to field. (If that is indeed what you meant!! )

As you said though, arranging it and managing it would be difficult. But I suspect no more difficult than any other method of trying to arrange a fair Killer competition for all without all the hassle and arguing that has accompanied the arranging of many Killer games in the past. I might trial something along those lines in the next closed season depending on how this season's attempt goes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Sat 31 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Like 1 representative from each team each fixture but has to be changed/alternated. So maybe before the season starts a team has to submit a potential 5 player list for Killer ONLY. 10 players would be more difficult to arrange but I'm sure 8 minimum (1 rep from each each except 2) wouldn't be as difficult.

Would Literally be Clan Killer, points awarded for 6 positions only with 1st having the largest margin.

1st - 8
2nd - 5
3rd - 4
4th - 3
5th - 2
6th - 1

Edited at 13:26 Sat 31/05/14 (BST)
lateo1993
lateo1993
03:02 Mon 2 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds like a great idea, if your still looking for anybody chris, im up for helping with the trailing of this close season?
hippesville
hippesville
04:19 Mon 2 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
:o

well if clan players are in for killer then surely there would be an agreed time and day for this to take place.
as if everyone knows about it and makes the commitment then it should take place.
if a clans representative doesn't show, then they should have an available sub ready too.
I think it is the only fair way to do killer. I'm not a fan tbh, but in a game of killer with 2 or more clan members possibly playing after each other, could take a while (done it once and wasn't a fan).

To me it seems easy to do.......set day and set time made before it begins. possibly 3 players available for each clan, ensuring there is definitely 1 there to play.
if successful you could maybe even do it weekly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:35 Wed 4 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Like 1 representative from each team each fixture but has to be changed/alternated. So maybe before the season starts a team has to submit a potential 5 player list for Killer ONLY. 10 players would be more difficult to arrange but I'm sure 8 minimum (1 rep from each each except 2) wouldn't be as difficult.

Would Literally be Clan Killer, points awarded for 6 positions only with 1st having the largest margin.

1st - 8
2nd - 5
3rd - 4
4th - 3
5th - 2
6th - 1

Edited at 13:26 Sat 31/05/14 (BST)

I think that that system has too many scoring options, I think the top 3 should get points and then leave it at that.

Not that I am bothered about killer, it is the worst part of clan games in my opinion, would much prefer it scrapped altogether.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:50 Fri 13 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Doesn't look like this is going to work on the home international basis.

Will try again and ask for the assistance of three keen clans to assist (assuming t1pster's all stars are still available to help now - four if not).

Any volunteer clans?
faust
faust
03:43 Fri 13 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Of course! Why did it fail Chris? I was waiting for some dates!
cke1982
cke1982
14:06 Fri 13 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
well volunteer but im away from 15th june to 27th
erigert
erigert
17:47 Fri 13 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Its a really interesting suggestion. Having like 10 weeks of Clan Killer (one Killer game per week) with each clan able to put in one different player to each game each week. Each Killer game then being about 10 - 12 players depending on whether each clan has an eligible and available player to field. (If that is indeed what you meant!! )

Love this idea, its easy implementing it aswell
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:41 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The only thing I don't like so much about it is it becomes very much of an individual thing rather than the team play that most enjoy and which I would like to enhance even more in a separate Killer competition.
turtle1560
turtle1560
22:10 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
What you could do is, lets say you have 10 clans, divide that into 2 groups of 5 and each week each clan sends in a max of 3 people to play in the killer match.

After whatever amount of weeks you could then take maybe the top 2 clans from each group and have a 4 way playoff for an overall winner.

Just a thought, can always adapt it if ya want, but this way you get more from each clan playing every week
hippesville
hippesville
01:49 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
What you could do is, lets say you have 10 clans, divide that into 2 groups of 5 and each week each clan sends in a max of 3 people to play in the killer match.

After whatever amount of weeks you could then take maybe the top 2 clans from each group and have a 4 way playoff for an overall winner.

Just a thought, can always adapt it if ya want, but this way you get more from each clan playing every week

sounds good skip
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:41 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i dont mind if it clans only or my team of allstars as im sure they all would still play either way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So far I have the following volunteer clans...

Uprising, Phoenix Storm, Monkey Business, The Unbeatables plus a t1pster All Stars team

I could do with one more volunteer clan/team to take part please???

The trial will be two Killer games at most over the next 3-4 weeks and any clan can use any guest players they want for these games too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:21 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I need to speak to our captain & vice-captain (huts24 & w_hoolahan) but I'm sure Black Scorpions would love to do this. I know I'd love it. I'll speak to them, and let you know more soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:27 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So far I have the following volunteer clans...

Uprising, Phoenix Storm, Monkey Business, The Unbeatables plus a t1pster All Stars team

I could do with one more volunteer clan/team to take part please???

The trial will be two Killer games at most over the next 3-4 weeks and any clan can use any guest players they want for these games too.

pros will take part
hippesville
hippesville
04:30 Fri 1 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I really think the 2 separate leagues would have the best chance.
tho with a final I would have only 1 individual from each clan.
2 players would, dependent on game draw, would very easily give a clan in particular an unfair advantage

single clan reps in my eyes is the only way m8
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
05:01 Fri 1 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
9 clans, and the chance at a uniquely formatted competition no other game type could implement. Rather than a league + cup option (very similar to SL of the last few seasons in 2 groups going to one knockout), how about a simple cup knockout.

3 first round matches, each match consisting of 3 clans submitting up to 3 players to the match. Rather than a points scoring system like has been used, the aim is simply to kill the other clans players, the first clan to have all their players eliminated is considered third, then the next clan having all there players eliminated is second, with the clan who's player wins the game being the victor of the match.

First place from each match goes into the final, 2nd in each match goes into a play off game to decide who joins them as a fourth team. 3rd in each match is eliminated from the competition.

Alternatively, 3rd placed teams could also have a wildcard playoff with the victor going into the playoff match as a fourth team in that. If you wanted two matches for each clan guaranteed.

This could give a bit of excitement to a killer comp, and keeps the organisational side of things down for clans but keeping prestige high. If each first round match is not played concurrently it gives us a six set competition without a heavy workload of games.

Thoughts?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
05:13 Fri 1 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
For organising it, could ask each clan to submit at least 3 days/time on which they can play and then if the times work for all then they can play at that specified time (if they have no representatives on when they said they would have then they forfeit). If a clan doesn't bother submitting times to play, then they forfeit their option of when to play and must strive to play at any time agreed upon by the runner/other clans.

If no times work, then a runner can nominate a default time (e.g. Sunday at 9pm) ideally when they can be on to ensure the game is started and any issues of non attendance/delaying for an advantage can be dealt with. Though if all clans are capable of fielding a team of up to three before this default time then they are free to play it early.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Sun 10 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup kicks off tonight. It is a trial format and fairly short just to see how it progresses this season.

The Round 1 draw is ...

Wolf Pack vs Pocket Dynamos vs The Professionals

Baize Burners vs Uprising vs Phoenix Storm

Unbeatables vs Black Scorpions vs Monkey Business.

Games to be completed by 27th August 2014.

The top two teams in each of the three matches will progress to Round 2. The bottom team in each of the three matches will qualify for a play-off for 7th, 8th and 9th place.

Each match allows for a maximum of 5 players to take part from each of the three competing clans.

The scoring system can be found on the website.

Although essentially the winning player (last player standing) wins the game for their clan, the overall points scored will be important in determining each team's position in the next round of matches.

In Round 2 there will be two matches, each of three clans, with the two winners and the highest scoring Runner-Up qualifying for the Final. The two clans finishing third plus the lowest scoring Runner-Up will enter a play-off for 4th, 5th and 6th place.

Matches will be arranged as follows. Each Captain, or a representative, needs to message me as many days and times within the fixture period that they wish to play. No doubt this will be after having consulted with their players. Once I have received this information from each of the three clans in every game, I will then come up with the best and most suitable day and time which will then be published in advance. This will not change from that point onwards for any reason. The setting up of the game at the appointed time will then be overseen by either myself or any other nominated League Runner.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Killer Challenge Cup - News, Discussion & Results

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.