Killer Challenge Cup - News, Discussion & Results

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:19 Sun 10 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I like everything about this, the arrangement (big time commitment for the runners there, thanks), the scoring, and it should be fun having 3 clans in the same game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:55 Mon 11 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup

The Round 1 draw is ...

Wolf Pack vs Pocket Dynamos vs The Professionals

Baize Burners vs Uprising (Received) vs Phoenix Storm

Unbeatables vs Black Scorpions vs Monkey Business.

Games to be completed by 27th August 2014.

Each match allows for a maximum of 5 players to take part from each of the three competing clans.

Each Captain, or a representative, needs to message me as many days and times within the fixture period that they wish to play. No doubt this will be after having consulted with their players. Once I have received this information from each of the three clans in every game (and highlighted above), I will then come up with the best and most suitable day and time for all three clans which will then be published. This will not change from that point onwards for any reason. The setting up of the game at the appointed time will then be overseen by either myself or any other nominated League Runner.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:47 Mon 11 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I like everything about this, the arrangement (big time commitment for the runners there, thanks), the scoring, and it should be fun having 3 clans in the same game

True the only thing im not sure about is giving the runners 5 players (if thats the case), it would be easier if anyone from your team can play but if it works then no disagreement from me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Mon 11 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
No lists of players are required.

The time and day is set in advance. It is up to each clan to ensure they have as many players available at that time as possible.

A clan could play with as few as one player if thats all that was available. If none are on then obviously the clan will not score in that game.

The aim is to take away the constant arguing over game arrangements previously seen with some Killer games and also remove the opportunity for any one clan to bully their opponents into playing just because they have their best players on at that moment.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:26 Tue 12 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup

The Round 1 draw is ...

Unbeatables vs Black Scorpions vs Monkey Business (Received).

Each match allows for a maximum of 5 players to take part from each of the three competing clans.

Each Captain, or a representative, needs to message me as many days and times within the fixture period that they wish to play. No doubt this will be after having consulted with their players. Once I have received this information from each of the three clans in every game (and highlighted above), I will then come up with the best and most suitable day and time for all three clans which will then be published. This will not change from that point onwards for any reason. The setting up of the game at the appointed time will then be overseen by either myself or any other nominated League Runner.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:16 Wed 13 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^^^^^^^^^

Any more updates for this? This is the easy bit - give us something to work with please!!

I have assumed everyone knows what is required, if anyone is unsure though, please ask.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:48 Wed 13 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^^^^^^^^^

Any more updates for this? This is the easy bit - give us something to work with please!!

I have assumed everyone knows what is required, if anyone is unsure though, please ask.

Hey chris, I have no idea what this is about, I didn't know I had entered it or what is required from me.

If someone could give a very quick brief description of what is required from me, and what the format of this, then that would be great
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Wed 13 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19750/killer-challenge-cup-news-discussion-results/2#1680387

That is the detailed explanation.

Basically clans will compete in three-way Killer games however at most for any team these will be limited to a total of three for the whole competition so it should not be too onerous.

Games will take place at set times. These set times will be based on me receiving from each clan a list of days and times that they would prefer to play and then me matching these up to come up with the most suitable day and time for all concerned.

At the set time and day the game will take place and its up to each clan to have up to 5 players available to play the game at that time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:15 Sun 17 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup

The Round 1 draw is ...

Unbeatables (Received) vs Black Scorpions vs Monkey Business (Received).

Each Captain, or a representative, needs to message me as many days and times within the fixture period that they wish to play.

Preferences of times and dates for which you would like to play your Killer Challenge Cup games between 17/8/14 and 27/8/14.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:53 Sun 17 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup

The Round 1 draw is ...

Wolf Pack (Received) vs Pocket Dynamos (Received) vs The Professionals - trying to arrange this evening themselves

Baize Burners vs Uprising (Received) vs Phoenix Storm (Received)

Unbeatables (Received) vs Black Scorpions vs Monkey Business (Received).

Each Captain, or a representative, needs to message me as many days and times within the fixture period that they wish to play.

Preferences of times and dates for which you would like to play your Killer Challenge Cup games between 17/8/14 and 27/8/14 by tonight please.

Edited at 21:06 Sun 17/08/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:02 Tue 19 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup

The Round 1 draw is ...

Wolf Pack vs Pocket Dynamos vs The Professionals on Thursday 21st August at 8pm (UK)

Baize Burners vs Uprising vs Phoenix Storm on Thursday 21st August at 9pm (UK)

Unbeatables vs Black Scorpions vs Monkey Business on Sunday 24th August at 9pm (UK)

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:24 Wed 20 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Scoring System is...

1st = 16 pts
2nd = 14 pts
3rd = 13 pts
4th = 12 pts

and so on down to...

14th = 2 pts
15th = 1 pt

Every player scores.

The winning player scores a 45 points bonus. This is to ensure the integrity of Killer in that the last player standing wins overall.

In Round 1 the top two teams in each game go through to Round 2

In Round 2 the draw will be...

Match 1 - the highest scoring Round 1 winner, the highest scoring Round 1 runner up and second highest scoring Round 1 runner up

Match 2 - the two remaining Round 1 winners and the lowest scoring Round 1 runner up

The winners of Match 1 & 2 will go through to the Final along with the highest scoring runner up from either Match 1 or Match 2.

Where any teams finish on identical scores then advantage will be given to the team with the highest placed player, or if still equal, then the highest second placed player and so on.

Please ensure all players positions are posted for any results.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:14 Thu 21 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Game 1 under way with minimal fuss and bother. Please can all other teams take note!!
horse10000
horse10000
23:16 Thu 21 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Game 1 under way with minimal fuss and bother. Please can all other teams take note!!

Lol they will leave the hassle for Sunday when i am sorting

How many players in the first one?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:17 Thu 21 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Looked like 13 but ended up 12 (5 v 5 v 2). Fortunately a great split in the playing order too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:37 Fri 22 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
OK Game 2 was more problematic.

Can all clans ensure that all of their participating players are ready in the chat room at the right time and ready to accept their invite!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:42 Fri 22 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
1st mattywellie
2nd davey_1985
3rd scott7a
4th beenjammin
5th jasonb
6th onevisit
7th trickster
8th alex_lewis
9th punkpoet
10th blackcabman
11th blueberry
12th welshgizy
horse10000
horse10000
01:17 Mon 25 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer Unbeatables / Black Scorpions / Monkey Business

1st franer_
2nd _niall_
3rd horse10000
4th w_hoolahan
5th _marc_
6th t1pster
7th jittzdulay
8th the__priest
9th raker
10th triple_b
11th kue

Good game all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:55 Tue 26 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer Challenge Cup

Round 2 (Semi-Finals)

Pocket Dynamos v Baize Burners v The Professionals

Uprising v Unbeatables v Black Scorpions

(Winner of each match and the highest scoring Runner-Up from either qualify for the Final. Remaining teams qualify for the 4th, 5th & 6th Play-Off)

7th, 8th & 9th Play-Off

Monkey Business v Phoenix Storm v Wolf Pack
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Mon 1 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The Killer Challenge Cup

The Round 2 draw is ...

Baize Burners vs Pocket Dynamos (Responded) vs The Professionals

Black Scorpions vs Uprising (Responded) vs Unbeatables

7th, 8th & 9th Place Play-Off

Phoenix Storm vs Wolf Pack vs Monkey Business

Games to be completed by 18th September 2014.

Preferences of times and dates for which you would like to play your Killer Challenge Cup games between 8/9/14 and 18/9/14.

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 10:50 Sun 07/09/14 (BST)
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Killer Challenge Cup - News, Discussion & Results

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.