Premier League 2014 / 2015

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
03:11 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think anyone has said Liverpool are gods gift to the prem (you sound like you think United are though). It was no fluke that Liverpool finished second, like it was no fluke for United to be 7th. Those positions (like all of the top 7) suited them perfectly. Liverpool performed brilliantly without Suarez so we'll be fine without him. As for the strikers, we wanted three plus youth on loan. Aspas wasn't worth the mention in the prem, Lambert replaces him as a third option striker, Remy will come in with a good premier league pedigree (which can't be said of all Uniteds potential signings), and Origi will replace Borini who has failed to live up to what we wanted him to (Origi will be loaned out).

United fans 'knew' a new era was starting under Moyes, when that didn't emerge they 'knew' Giggs would win all his games as caretaker manager and would kick start his own era. When that never happened they started knowing about Van Gaal. They are desperate for a new era, how many more managers will it take to realise the new era isn't going to be too successful?

Liverpool have been linked with Benzema and Isco as permanent signings, but no Liverpool fan is reporting those as done deals. Just the usual United anti-Liverpool tosh. Of course being back to CL is great for us, but no one has said we'll win it or win the league. Yet they have for United who are in a much worse position.

Oh and no fixed budget is the fancy way of saying we have to overspend
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:01 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Wouldn't waste me time! - I don't read the papers, they have been linked with Vidal, Hummels, Reus for a long while now so it's only natural to expect them to be signed. Especially when last night E.Woodward stated 'no fixed budget' so like I keep saying 'we will see!'

Liverpool have been linked with Arda Turan since his Galatasary days, so this isn't quite true
the__priest
the__priest
13:28 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
some great posts people

? borini ,,,,,,,,, dosnt look like its going to happen

id also question his attitude to sign now too
if a player wants to come they'd jump through hoops

Alonso is looking a definite

we wont struggle this season, but we wont be top 9 either
we need at least 5 players and all quality too
fuunky
fuunky
13:35 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Seems like It's all about the money as It's clearly obvious he isn't going stand much chance of getting in Liverpool's team, he's not worth 14million anyway imo. I'd much rather have remi for 5.5million cheaper.
the__priest
the__priest
14:23 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Seems like It's all about the money as It's clearly obvious he isn't going stand much chance of getting in Liverpool's team, he's not worth 14million anyway imo. I'd much rather have remi for 5.5million cheaper.

his performances for Sunderland last season
says he is worth a lot more

commitment, desire, goals and work rate

im not so sure about money either, I think champions league and the world stage is what's motivating him

I think we should now pull the plug on the deal , if he doesn't want to come then so be it
the__priest
the__priest
14:28 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
This what makes me proud to be a Sunderland supporter
even when we truly don't get on with our neighbours
Newcastle

its things like this that make football such an appealing game

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-fan-gary-ferguson-tells-7461035
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:16 Wed 23 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
His performances seemed that of someone trying to impress his parent club, he was a great addition for Sunderland and fit in well whereas he didn't do so well to break into the Liverpool squad. I think he wants champions league football, it's seems very unlikely a deal will go through with Sunderland because of the player. Not necessarily about money, but I do wonder if he is aiming a little high, he's not good enough to replace Suarez or Sturridge and we were always going to bring in an extra striker for Aspas. I hope he can impress at Liverpool if he stays. But it will be hard to juggle 4 strikers for regular football.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:20 Wed 23 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
1st : leicester city
2nd : arsenal
3rd: chelsea
4th city
5th: everton
6th liverpool
7th spurs
20th utd
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:20 Wed 23 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Borini is rubbish lol rather have bony
the__priest
the__priest
13:58 Thu 24 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
how these transfer's are dragging on

Alonso and Borini
now Borini has injured himself

simply one big yawn
fuunky
fuunky
01:37 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Whatever Hummels, Vermaelen, de Vrij and Vidal WILL be United players by Sept 2nd - Not me knowing it all - just crystal ball says so - smart alec!

Edited at 14:43 Mon 21/07/14 (BST)

Vidal has confirmed he won't be joining man united. You're right it isn't you knowing it all It's you thinking you know it all, you might get something right one day
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:40 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
read the full transcript einstein! he's returning to Turin to speak with Allegri then taking it from there.
fuunky
fuunky
01:43 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't need to Geoffrey, he's confirmed he won't be joining man united but doesn't know if he'll be staying at Juventus.
the__priest
the__priest
02:09 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
please discuss things people
lets not get personal

after all its a footy thread
fuunky
fuunky
02:11 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing personal. I was speaking about football, at least I thought I was anyway!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
hummels will probably join and i think he'll be a great signing. Unfortunately he'll probably the best thing United get this season due to several players choosing rival PL clubs and various other European clubs over the Old Trafford club. Another target in Di Maria looks all but set to join PSG. Cavani would be great but i don't actually see the point in United shelling out 50 or 60m for a striker when thats actually the one area they aren't lacking. They've signed a £30m left back that by the looks of things will be a Champs League/Cup player due to the apparent classiness of the 3-5-2 formation as displayed against L.A Galaxy. I actually believe that United will do big things this season but i also think they won't do enough to topple Chelsea/City from those top spots.

Nobody seems to be talking about City but they've really strengthened their side with the signings of Sagna, Caballero and Fernando. Cheap signings but in places that they were really lacking the cover.

Chelsea IMO need to sign another striker. They put all their hopes on Torres and it let them down, they put all their hopes on Eto'o/Torres and it let them down. With Eto'o, Ba and potentially Torres on the move, they really can't afford to lay all their eggs in Costa's basket! Cavani, Higuain, Benzema, and Tevez all realistic options to partner Costa up front.

Also, Eto'o odds on to join QPR!?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:41 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I totally agree Sam but after the match and the awesome football united played and bear in mind that were only their 1st match under LVG then they will be a force to be reckoned with and I'll even say they will be Champions.

The great thing about the absolute domination were the forwards actually were the ones on the score sheet, also Herrera were brilliant and Mata in that position looked a natural.

Will they sign Hummels and Vidal yes they will, will they sign Vermaelen, probably. Will they sign Depay (YES), Blind (Yes) maybe not Reus but Cuadrado will be a certainty.

They will offload a fair few too, starting with Bebe, Nani, Hernandez, Zaha, Smalling possibly.

All i know is IF they continue to play like they did vs LA Galaxy and he even started with 3;5:2 then switched formation in the 2nd half, which not many managers do then he's already displaying his tactical awareness. Watch out for United this season!

I'm not posting to receive persona attacks back - I'm entitled to my opinion and the thing about opinions is NOT everyone will agree, that the whole point in expressing them. To try see if opinions are shared not an open environment for ridicule.
fuunky
fuunky
02:59 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Of course everyone is entitled to opinions, but there is a difference between facts and opinions, stating something WILL happen is not an opinion!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:02 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah man i agree that he's done a good job renovating the club so to speak. Truth is i think it's hard to say anyone will be champions until at least 10 games into the season. I think it'll be the usual City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/United fiesta, but i think you look at the strength in depth the other 4 clubs have, especially City and Chelsea and it's hard to see past them.

I don't think it's possible to say that signing those players is a certainty either, especially Vidal and Blind. I can't see Vidal leaving a club that won their respective league and also has Champions League football next season. Blind would possibly sign due to connections with LVG, but I also think that he must have a host of clubs chasing his signature, and despite the attraction of playing under the manager that has pretty much made his name after the World Cup, there are major downsides in being potentially second favorite to Shaw and once again not being in the Champions League when he could easily sign for a top club in Germany/Italy/Spain, be first choice and have Champs League.

United's title challenge will also wain with their participation in the Europa League. Those games are played on a Thursday, so close to the PL games and they really don't have the depth in defence and midfield to compete on both fronts.

LVG will have been told that a trophy is a minimum. Best option would be to chase the Europa League, finish 4th or 3rd, and then sign big names next season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:03 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
1st : leicester city
2nd : arsenal
3rd: chelsea
4th city
5th: everton
6th liverpool
7th spurs
20th utd

Well this is obviously ludicrous.