Premier League 2014 / 2015

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
03:51 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
read the full transcript einstein! he's returning to Turin to speak with Allegri then taking it from there.

"I'm still on holiday at the moment. Can I say I'm staying at Juve? I don't know. I'm not going to Manchester."

Vidal will not be a United player this season

Dortmund have said United have no chance on Hummels and Reus, and won't sign Hummels. So I think that is unlikely too.

Heck Liverpool have put in a bid for Vidal and have been put ahead of United in likelihood of signing Reus.

Beating a poor opposition 7-0 is nothing to shout about (never mind it being a friendly), to say that United will be champions because of what was seen in that game is ludicrous. They won't get top 4, United fans just think the change will happen immediately and it won't. It took Liverpool a good few years of being in the wilderness (then a good 9 months under Rodgers before they started to gel). City took a few years and god knows how much cash to get to where they are, same for Chelsea and Arsenal is the end result if patience with the right personnel.

United fans have no patience, they seem to think their team is exempt from the trials and hard times of a football club. The players don't want to go, you don't have CL football to offer when they can get it elsewhere guaranteed.

You've got as much chance of being champions of the prem as you do winning the CL this year.
the__priest
the__priest
04:06 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Of course everyone is entitled to opinions, but there is a difference between facts and opinions, stating something WILL happen is not an opinion!!

totally agree
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:12 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
We'll see. Still 38 Days left in the Window, many changes still yet to happen.

Edited at 01:21 Fri 25/07/14 (BST)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:28 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't see it happening, big names will reject united. It's goes without saying that you'll get a Dutch influence even more so with the Dutch national coach from the summer. Whether they can step up in the Prem is another matter. Martins Indi is a potential target and he was the worst Dutch player

Plenty of big names will go round, though can't see united gaining on and overtaking 6 clubs at the top of the English club ladder in one season

Still waiting for big name movement at Man City
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:54 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They will more than likely sign on loan Isco - due to relationship between him and Pelligrini whilst at Malaga. I agree the Dutch influence will more than likely take effect but I still think 2 or 3 Marquee signings will be made by United.

Chelsea wont sign anymore well if they do will be Drogba, can see Varane being in the Premier League next season possibly as Rio Ferdinand's replacement, with Hummels taking a long time to seal. Probably both might be signed.

Liverpool have signed some quality players but TBH I feel sorry for Rickie Lambert, £4m dream move for the guy only to see the same new team purchase other forwards. Origi is due his medical and Remy will be confirmed officially today.

Manchester City: They don't really need anyone, still not 100% convinced Y.Toure will remain - moment Barca make a move he will be gone.

Arsenal still need defenders and another solid Midfielder someone similar to Viera - don't think Carvalho will go to them.

Heard earlier that united may look into signing Veratti to assist the funding for PSG for Di Maria. Sign him up wont require Vidal!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:32 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They will more than likely sign on loan Isco - due to relationship between him and Pelligrini whilst at Malaga. I agree the Dutch influence will more than likely take effect but I still think 2 or 3 Marquee signings will be made by United.

Chelsea wont sign anymore well if they do will be Drogba, can see Varane being in the Premier League next season possibly as Rio Ferdinand's replacement, with Hummels taking a long time to seal. Probably both might be signed.

Liverpool have signed some quality players but TBH I feel sorry for Rickie Lambert, £4m dream move for the guy only to see the same new team purchase other forwards. Origi is due his medical and Remy will be confirmed officially today.

Manchester City: They don't really need anyone, still not 100% convinced Y.Toure will remain - moment Barca make a move he will be gone.

Arsenal still need defenders and another solid Midfielder someone similar to Viera - don't think Carvalho will go to them.

Heard earlier that united may look into signing Veratti to assist the funding for PSG for Di Maria. Sign him up wont require Vidal!

dortmund are not letting hummels leave well they are putting up a fight, liverpool have signed lallana the only good player they bought lambert and origi are mediocre team players , doubt yaya will go back to barca as they got rid of him and carvalho would love to go to arsenal but sporting asking to much money for him as his only 22yrs old
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:43 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if LVG gets his way and signs hummels, vermalen, vidal, verratti/di maria and gets rid of the deadwood and signs possibly another winger then utd will be strong an title contenders imo this season is going to be fantastic and close between city,chelsea,arsenal utd(if they get the players above)

i think pool will go down as they are doing a tottenham
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:03 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz
Money talks, Utd have the money to buy anyone tbf, if they put in high bids for hummels, reus, vidal they will get them for sure thats only if they break the bank balance
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:43 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lambert was brought in as a third striker, we sold Suarez and bought Remy and bought and loaned out Origi (well those two signings are to b announced anytime if not already). So he is still the third choice striker like he expects. He even said he knows what his role will be and is happy with it as long as he is acknowledged. Origi shows great potential and Lambert is a proven prem success and will do exactly what he was bought for, to get a couple of goals when we need them and to give our strikers some rotation.

Varane will go to Chelsea to rejoin Mourinho if he comes to the prem.

The difference between Liverpool and Tottenham last year is Liverpool could cope without Suarez (5-0 Arsenal), Spurs couldn't without Bale. Wee bought exactly what we need (another option up front, more options out wide and in defence with a general squad bulking out). Spurs didn't really, they bought hype and unproven talent in and put it in the first team. We've brought in some proven prem talent, largely kept the squad so we can gradually incorporate players in not just throw everyone in from the off and we've done business early so we can already work on teamwork and understanding.

Don't know why CL will be a burden to us and EL wont have an effect on other teams.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:49 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
LVG won't get his way with transfers, United have announced they are a cash cow, ready to overpay. They have the money to buy the players but won't be offering them anything too significantly higher than other clubs in terms of wages (less than some clubs even). They have less to offer football wise with no CL and clubs know they are desperate for players. Was it a 17 mill bid for Hummels? If I was Dortmund if put the price at about 60 if they really wanted to buy him.

Reus has already said he won't move for money (in regards to Gotze and Lewa), Vidal isn't sure and the door is open for Liverpool and Madrid (if Di Maria goes ten there might be a space for him In midfield with a shuffle. Hummels is probably the next Snieder. United aren't the only club with cash
cke1982
cke1982
16:18 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
LVG won't get his way with transfers, United have announced they are a cash cow, ready to overpay. They have the money to buy the players but won't be offering them anything too significantly higher than other clubs in terms of wages (less than some clubs even). They have less to offer football wise with no CL and clubs know they are desperate for players. Was it a 17 mill bid for Hummels? If I was Dortmund if put the price at about 60 if they really wanted to buy him.

Reus has already said he won't move for money (in regards to Gotze and Lewa), Vidal isn't sure and the door is open for Liverpool and Madrid (if Di Maria goes ten there might be a space for him In midfield with a shuffle. Hummels is probably the next Snieder. United aren't the only club with cash

liverpool will stumble this season with out suarez goals players weve brought in arent proven goal scorers other than lalana and lambert markovic 2 gls a season but well see how it goes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:49 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Will be interesting see who the 'alleged marquee' signings will be for Liverpool. All well and good bringing in loads of players but best not upset the foundations too much. Reus I doubt it, even though they will not want to lose him to rivals in Bayern Munchen in January. Vidal can't see it, can you imagine the uproar if happened. Benzema I doubt as his place is NOT under threat now RM can play 4:2:3:1.

Liverpool have reached the Champions League once in a long time so now they think they deserve to be there. Not yet they don't, IF they manage to sustain a similar position this season then and only then will I consider them to be worthwhile CL candidates.

United although very frustrating once again being linked to every player on the planet, IT would be nice for some to be brought to their fruition. Instead watching Costa, Fabregas, Lallana, Lambert, Fernando, Markovic just pass united fans by.

I'm sure LVG knows what he's doing - probably confirm Cuadrado later today tbh, Di Maria shirts been seen selling in shops in Paris just like Suarez were in Barcelona - says it all, pretty much 'done and dusted' - on a season long loan in order not to breach FIFA Fair Play.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:52 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Every team with any money is going to be linked to everyone, just because rumours make people buy the newspaper, so to speak.

As a liverpool, i highly doubt that we would sign someone like Vidal, as much as I would love us to, I just can't see it happening.
fry06
fry06
20:06 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Drogba back to Chelsea, quite interesting.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:15 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You'd wonder why when they have Lukaku!

Or maybe he is not thinking about the squad, more getting the fans connected back to the players, with Lampard and Cole leaving...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:17 Fri 25 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Drogba back to Chelsea, quite interesting.

Bad move I feel, he left on the biggest high possible scoring the decisive penalty to win them the Champions League, why return?

Seems pointless to me. Not even in a coaching capacity neither so very peculiar.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:23 Sat 26 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ash i would love to know your source as to where your getting this information that makes Cuadrado a "certainty" to join United.

Drogba - I think chapster's hit the nail on the head by saying that it's an attempt to reconnect with the fans after the loss of Lampard and Cole! I actually forgot that Lukaku was a Chelsea player after he's been farmed out on loan the last two seasons. Gonna be interesting who's going to be the third choice striker, personally i'd say Torres but it's hard to warrant having a £150k a week player on the bench! Best thing Chelsea could do is sell Torres to Italy/Spain, sign an 18/19 year old and have him as third choice. Drogba i think might get a run out in some CL/Cup games but definitely won't be instrumental to the league.
the__priest
the__priest
14:41 Mon 28 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Sunderland targets that' still may come off

Borini very hard work (Liverpool)
Marcos Alonso (Fiorentina).
Cristian Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid ) very close top signing to
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:58 Mon 28 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Vidal to United could happen today, Di Maria too. Barcelona have made late bid for Cuadrado and has to be said £20m for Lovers (LOL!!!) They need more quality as performance vs Olympiakos they were crap to say the least. Oh and LEAVE Southampton alone...jeez!

C.Rodriguez? The Uruguayan? If so very good player Craig, can see Borini moving on now.

rumoured be interested in J.Rodriguez now lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:56 Mon 28 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lovren and Fonte were rock solid last year, so why not make a bid for a quality CB.

I am very happy with that signing, going to get at least 7 years good service from him, and hopefully him and Sakho will be formidable in a seasons time, the new Vidic/Ferdinand combo?

Who knows, but I'd like to believe so.

Looking like LFC are doing some good business, you don't have to buy the big names, to be a good team, because then they come in with more pressure on their shoulders.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.