Premier League 2014 / 2015

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18889
_mich_
_mich_
14:31 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Never seen any of the football yesterday...

Some of the scores though.

Really thought Sunderland turned a corner vs Newcastle (not the manner of the victory more the massive result over rivals I thought would give them a massive push) but obviously not.

Well done to Leicester and Villa, massive results to both teams especially given the results going on around them. Will give both a great confidence boost and possibly keep Villa up and Leicesters hopes alive.

Massive games today that could affect both top and bottom, will be good to see how it pans out.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:46 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I find myself almost wanting United to win... It's disgusting
_mich_
_mich_
15:58 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I find myself almost wanting United to win... It's disgusting

I can understand why from a Liverpool fans perspective... BUT

United games left...
City (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Arsenal (H)
Hull City (A)

City games left
United (A)
West Ham (H)
Aston Villa (H)
Spurs (A)
QPR (H)
Swansea (A)
Southampton (H)

Besides the match today... I can see Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal definitely causing United problems. Palace always carry that threatand Hull might be fighting for survival on the final day. I think West Brom are probably just safe now so should be a walk over for United.

I can see only Spurs, possibly Southampton being a major threat to City. QPR will be fighting for their lives too.

I see more potential of United losing points than City to be fair, but who knows with the way both teams have been playing recently.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:47 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hull are terrible atm, West Brom have lost their edge, Everton are hit and miss and Palace are te sort of team United can grind a result out of. All changes with a bit of form but United totally have it, though I don't think it's quite there in terms of not having cracks covered over.

City at the moment are looking vulnerable, even as good as they are they are leaking goals that cost points. West Ham have lost their edge, Swansea and Villa are tricky but the result should be there for the taking. QPR seem to enjoy a match vs City, and Spurs and Southampton are both going to be fighting for place so no pushovers. I think most teams will fancy a chunk of City.

Neither will be an easy run in, but I don't think there's an easy run in right now. Take out the form and spot on, but I think United are building results at the right time and City are losing them at the worst time. They aren't even safe of a CL spot right now.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:02 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Tbh, I'm expecting Pelligrini to get the sack at this rate.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:37 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
4-1, and Rooney has still not scored. That would happen when I've got him to score and United to win.
legend_pot
legend_pot
20:52 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
UNITED!!!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:56 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Get In!!! 4-2 Woohooooooo
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:08 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
After a tricky opening 10 minutes, United good for that win. Never in doubt after they took the lead. As I said, playing like that United should get the results and City will drop them. In Europe I don't think they will be among the best playing that style, but it's doing the job in the prem.

I heard a lot about the comfort United have being 4-1 up and being able to bring the likes of Di Maria, Falcao and RVP on but honestly I don't think they're playing well enough. Outplayed by Young and Fellaini, which is fine by the way those two are playing but even if they didn't play well those big names haven't been good enough to hold down a first team place. If I was a United fan I would want more from those 3, but right now it doesn't matter with how they play.

City, in all sorts of trouble and that defence for all it's quality is playing shocking. Definitely I would be worried for the top 4 place if I was a City fan.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:14 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
IF Pellegrini is not dismissed then I think that clearly shows a lack of ambition,
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:23 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think he will, but I wouldn't be so sure if he deserves it because he has City playing better football than Mancini. The way they tarted was fantastic and they did have another burst of dominance. I think a lot of blame lies with the players, because it's down to their mistakes a lot of the time. Tactics aren't bad. They were joint top with Chelsea not long ago and have been the only team this season to challenge for the title. Ambition is there, but there is a problem Pelligrini needs to solve to save his job.
_niall_
_niall_
22:25 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Straight from the school of Januzaj that by Herrera, embarrassing.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:33 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I was just thinking that, the cheek to not even accept he was cheating when the ref saw right through it. Good refereeing, because he was quite clever to move his leg to Cahill to make contact.

Could well throw the form book out the window for the top 4 places. Just down to a scrap in the last few games. Not a foregone conclusion for the Manchester teams, though Southampton are a little too far away to make it really interesting
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
02:32 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought it was a penna to United. Damn right he played for it but there was contact nonetheless. If it had been on the half way line he'd have given a free kick.

Btw, I hate united but I'm just being honest.
_niall_
_niall_
02:51 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There was contact because he threw his leg in the direction of Cahill haha. He tried to con the ref and failed miserably. I'm by no means a fan of either of the teams but if penalties are given in those circumstances the game's integrity is screwed even more than it already is.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
03:01 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Apparently our penna was outside the box, I was at the game today and they never showed a replay for it. If it was, I'm glad justice was served.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
08:16 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There's a difference between playing for a penalty and diving though, I could do all the tricks in the world and invite the challenges and that's not cheating. But Herrera was the one who caused the contact and dove from it, when he is moving away from goal like that, Cahill probably shouldn't give him the opportunity to do that but he didn't foul him so a pen wouldn't have been right.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:24 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't think it were a penalty and im a United fan, however IF the roles were reversed I reckon 9/10 the penalty would have been given.

I think United were the better side, didn't attack the goal enough were our main downfall. I honestly think Chelsea got lucky were a well taken goal and Hazard is just brilliant. I think United next season when have the correct personnel to cross a ball, from wide or deep then you'll see us attack more and hopefully create a lot more chances.

3rd this season is a great finish expecially when written off at the start of the campaign. Chelsea have by far the best team but i think United will be the ones to watch next season especially if: Hummels, Depay, Laporte, Clyne and Ings all join. Throw is PjanIc too and we'll be sorted.

Great to see Arsenal playing well too but So harsh on Reading yesterday.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
15:25 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't rate Danny Ings at all meself
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:54 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't rate Danny Ings at all meself

He's a very good finisher, will be interesting to see if can cut it in a big team - if he gets the key passes and creative players to feed him then i reckon could be pretty prolific. Just not sure if up against top defenders if he's strong enough though.

I'd prefer Gabriel Barbosa tbh.
Pages: 18889
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.