I think Norwich has what it takes
foxy ur right about spending
however spending is what is all about

I Sunderland have good links with both Norwich and Ipswich

so its not personal, just think have more than enough in depth as well
foxhound
foxhound
22:58 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Town are good to score goals too...both Murphy and Sears should've had a hat tricks on Saturday. Agree, Norwich should in theory hammer us but then they should've walked this league considering their squad. They're the Chelsea of the Championship.

Craig, we've had very close ties with Sunderland. More noticeably under Keano the Clown...think we became Sunderland B team for a while lol. A bit disappointing have a rich owner who didn't seem to want to invest in McCarthy's team considering what he's done in his 2.5 years here. Taken us from bottom and 5 points adrift of safety to the playoffs in 2 and a half seasons. And we've had key players out (McGoldrick, Hyam, Hunt). I reckon we could surprise a few.

Could almost say it's destiny...13/14 years out of the top flight, spent next to nothing, scrape into the playoffs thanks to a shock defeat for Derby, have a poor recent record against Norwich and now we've drawn them in the playoffs
the__priest
the__priest
00:13 Tue 5 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
good luck to you
hope you make it to the promised land

just hope we are there to see them come up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:20 Thu 7 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i think ,

QPR
Burnley
are down , i think leicester will survive

of course villa will

and think with all the trouvle at newcastle they will go down

also villa for the FA Cup
the__priest
the__priest
13:26 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
well done to Boro
good start
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:38 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well Done Sunderland - Great 2-0 win
(the__priest )
the__priest
the__priest
17:40 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
wow party party cant believe we won that

gooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn

that was a battling performance
full team all the way through applause

lets see Newcastle get thumped

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:45 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:56 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think this whole weekend is a very difficult one to predict, I've tried to do conservative predictions on the other thread because i'm really not sure .

Sunderland bounce up the table which is exactly what they need to survive. Could all change later, but the pressure is on the other sides now. Well done Sunderland!
_mich_
_mich_
18:36 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What a day it is looking for Sunderland at the minute...

Beat a great team, got a clean sheet, away from the relegation zone for a bit...

And Newcastle just gone behind which puts them in the relegation zone. Craig must be buzzing.

Doesn't help them with Villa and Leicester doing well though, but I think a draw/win vs Leicester and they will be safe. Can see Hull or Newcastle going down here, especially if Hull fail to win today.

But it's that time of the season where anything can happen now, exciting.

Also a good day to be a Liverpool fan, all the pressure off us now especially with Spurs and Southampton both 2-0 down and it's always a good day when Everton lose. Stoke look like they mean business now too, shame they can't catch Southampton but they look very dangerous.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:18 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Would prefer Southampton to finish above Spurs, anyone remember they're fighting relegation this season?
the__priest
the__priest
19:47 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
happy with results
as they stand
the__priest
the__priest
19:47 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Leicester next up for Sunderland

Hull have spurs and man utd
foxhound
foxhound
20:07 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Think QPR and Hull are the other two that'll join Burnley now.

Good draw for Ipswich. Yet another Tommy Smith mistake for their goal Going to be hard at Carrot Road but on today's performance (particularly first half) think we can do it...even if it is through penalties! #Believe

Up the Town!
_mich_
_mich_
20:18 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Just read the first 5 pages of this thread... it made for brilliant reading lmao.

Onto the relegation battle now, it is between Hull, Newcastle and Sunderland, as we all would probably agree.

Sunderland have Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea.
Newcastle have QPR and West Ham
Hull with Spurs and United.

Sunderland NEED to beat Leicester I reckon, if they lose there I can't see them doing anything vs Arsenal and it would leave a massive job vs Chelsea last game.

Newcastle with the easier games of the 3, I reckon a point will be enough for them really.

Hull got a mountain to climb after today. No matter how poor Spurs were today I can see them bouncing back, and depending how United do later and Liverpool do tomorrow United could be in a battle for 4th on the final day and will want to win to secure it. If Sunderland and Newcastle both win next weekend I think Hull are gone. Can't see them beating either Spurs or United never mind both.

Onto the battle for 4th, Liverpool need to overcome Chelsea, Palace and Stoke, games we have massively struggled in in recent times, and we need United to slip up vs Palace Arsenal or Hull.

Only thing Arsenal have to play for is automatic Champions League spot, so can see them possibly easing off over the next few games. Hull will possibly be down already, and Palace have nothing to play for really so can't see United slipping up in 2 matches like we need them to.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:48 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I would disagree about Arsenal, they have a lot to prove against top 4 rivals based on the last few seasons (particularly against United). So for them, I would go for it. They'll want to finish 2nd and they may need the win to do so. They also have a final ahead, and the way Villa are playing they will want to keep form surely? Rest players on the final day.

Palace will want to finish as high up for money reasons, 1.2m per place is a lot for a club that size (so hopefully they show up ).

Hull aren't likely to be relegated before the final day, so they should still have something to play for.

I can only see Arsenal beating United, and I can't see us winning all 3 remaining with how we've struggled against these teams. I think 5th place is probably us done now.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:51 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Dubious penalty there, BUT I think the Referee is correct ...just.
1-0 United - Get In Mata
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:53 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
We were quality today, Spurs looked really poor and couldn't handle being closed down which we did brilliantly, could of easily had a couple more.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:53 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
My personal favourite from the first page:

"Best Signing: Schweinsteiger (United)

Worst Signing: Ballotelli (Arsenal)"

Not too bad a shout for worst signing, even if it is the wrong team. I think he's a candidate but probably not the winner of the award but I don't know who would get it haha.

I think Bastian has been too quiet in the prem this season to be the best signing
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:54 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
- was great lol
Pages: 19192
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.