Premier League 2014 / 2015

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19293
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:55 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
This is terrible, my heart is with Palace but my money is against them . You'd think that is a win-win but it's lose-lose

And it couldn't be a worse match. End to end? have they not heard of a bore draw?

Edited at 19:05 Sat 09/05/15 (BST)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:10 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Palace have been the better side this 2nd half but will take the 2nd goal, Falcao to score the 3rd lol

the__priest
the__priest
22:23 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
good result for united, not playing great

big win
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:29 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree, now just need Chelski to beat Liverpool tomorrow and we'll be back where we belong CL. They won't want to disappoint their fans, so I expect Chelsea to win comprehensively.

still rode the storm and kept going. Well Done United!!!
_mich_
_mich_
22:37 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Story of Uniteds season really, not playing well, shocking defensively but De Gea awesome as always and is basically winning them matches.

I think it was probably a pen but then Palace should have had at least 1 so you know, a bit lucky as well for United.

Funny thing that last comment Ash "back where we belong" yet when Liverpool fans were saying pretty much the same at the beginning of the season you hit out saying we don't belong in CL and didn't deserve it, or words to that effect.

So how would you say United do?

Personally I think the Champions league should be exactly that, a league for Champions, not for getting 2nd 3rd or 4th in a league, but I have always thought that. (Maybe cup winners too...)

Our game vs Chelsea tomorrow has a lot less significance on it now, still want us to go all out and be ruthless but I somehow don't think that will happen
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:42 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with the CL being only for Champions mate, have always thought that too. I meant 'back where we belong' in the sense we've always been there, last season when we finished 7th all Liverpool fans gave United ones a lot of stick and abuse plus claimed we couldn't purchase quality.

We not only purchased quality without the promise of CL footy but now have a high chance in reaching CL once again.

DDG is immense, only word I can think to sum him up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:42 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Didn't get time to see any footie today but seen as i can read lol i guess 4th is gone now for the pool. I think that not making the CL will only make it harder to sign a quality striker to play alongside Origi, as i can't see Sturridge doing much anymore unless he loses this injury prone name he has.Lots of players leaving particulary the strikers we have bar sturr as Rogers likes him when fit!.

Another year of struggling coming up unless we can start next season better than than the way we started this.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
23:46 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
You have Lambert, he's a brilliant striker, should be played a lot more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:55 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's rogers and his style of play that basically leaves lambert out of games, he can't run in behind like sturridge,sterling and hopefuly origi . Lambert to go alongside balotelli and with only origi coming in we need 2 more strikers and a solid DM . But without CL it will be tough to get the quality needed, id even spend on lavezzi or someone of his age if possible, proven players who can perform just to get us back into the top 4 and then spend again if we make it and buy the quality to keep us there
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:30 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest, neither side deserves CL. United have ground out more results which is what it is all about (though interestingly it coul be the head to head results that seperates both teams).

Wouldn't say United's signings have been successful, Di Maria could come good but for his price he is a flop. Shaw will be a future at a bit he is too injury prone. Falcao hasn't lived up to his reputation here and frankly Welbeck has outshone him at Arsenal. A few definitely will come good will more time (like Liverpool signings) but overall it's the players that were here before LVG that have done the business: DDG, Fellaini and Rooney.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:07 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Get in Chelsea 1-0 lovely jubbly
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:52 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Great technique for the header, but that's a terrible goal to concede - Jose won't be happy with that even though he's very lucky to have 11 on the pitch. There's a red card in this, if the ref doesn't bottle this there'll probably be one each.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:59 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1-1 now, still see Chelsea winning.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:17 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Good match so far, end to end. Think Liverpool have edged this second half so far but both teams look like they can score. A lot better than I thought it might. At least Chelsea haven't parked the bus this time
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:40 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool need a goal or three points right,

Why take off: Lambert, Lallana and now Gerrard?

That is stupid!!!

Their replacements: Jerome Sinclair(who?), Ibe and Lucas Leiva.

zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:48 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Lambert and Lallana are on yellows, no point in risking a red and Gerrard has been a lot more quiet. Pace of Ibe and Sinclair has been positive and it's good game time for them. We've played well, a loss would be a shame and we've still created a lot and been a threat. I don't think it is a mistake at all. We're looking more likely to score, but I think this is headed for 1-1. Not a bad result really.
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:26 Sat 16 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
LEICESTER STAYING UP!!!!!!
That is all
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:48 Sat 16 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I will say these 3 will be relegated:

Burnley: too late for them

Qpr - 6 points from 3 matches required... No chance
Newcastle - fighting in house, only detrimental to the team.

To JUST survive: Leicester City, Sunderland and Hull City

Edited at 12:07 Mon 04/05/15 (BST)

Still think could happen Hull though are doomed
punkpoet
punkpoet
02:54 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Im sure ive seen you sayinb leicester will go down ash lol.
I think Hull will go down, geordies will just survive i think.
punkpoet
punkpoet
03:00 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Defoe's goal was awesome, reminded me of another goal vs NUFC Rooney's half volley in to the top left corner a few seasons back. That won Goal of the Season, so did Tony Yeboah's strike for Leeds United vs Liverpool which were very similar. Defoe's IMO opinion were better than both of those, Yeboah's rattled in off the crossbar whereas Defoe's the techniques seemed a little wayward. He could not have placed it any better.

CRACKER!!!!

Safe to say Man City ain't gonna be Champions and I can see Pellegrini being sacked tomorrow if not been already?

3 sides to go down will be:

Hull City
Burnley
Leicester City

Aston Villa will make a fight for it and those 3 points for Sunderland vs their bitter rivals will prove to be ultra conclusive. QPR are the ones who I think will survive JUST on the final day of the season, resulting in Hull City's demise.

There we go, i said since about 2 months burnley qpr and sunderland. I had a bad feeling about them but they should be okay now.
Pages: 19293
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.