HP Laptop Power Cord - Urgent Recall

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

biffyfan
biffyfan
03:31 Fri 29 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hewlett Packard have issued a worldwide recall of power cords that came with laptops and other accessories purchased between 2010 - 2012.

The recall comes after incidents reported in America of the power cords overheating and burning people.

The recall affects power cords with the code LS-15 stamped on them.

Posted Image

People who have this power cord should contact HP to order a free replacement.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/recalls.html

Edited at 00:36 Fri 29/08/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:36 Fri 29 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
At least they are doing the right thing by re-calling them. Some companies wouldn't.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:47 Fri 29 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
that lead that it shows right there is about 3 pound its the clover power lead and they are cheap as chips .. if it was the actual power supply i could well believe it but that lead right there is nothing thats the plug part of the lead and not the power supply :S
biffyfan
biffyfan
02:39 Sat 30 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I ordered a replacement from HP as my laptop power lead is affected. They are sending me a full replacement (the clover part and the power box and plug part). They also advised that I dispose of the full item.

It's the whole unit that's being recalled, including the box part attached to the plug. The clover part that plugs into the laptop is where the serial code is stamped. The clover is pictured merely to show people how to check if they have the affected product
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
07:21 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
HP nothing but trouble with them

Cheers for the heads up, I got some mates with said lead, I'll let em know
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

HP Laptop Power Cord - Urgent Recall

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.